Idiot Fans with no Clue, Please Shut Up!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Re: Idiot Fans with no Clue, Please Shut Up!

In Response to Re: Idiot Fans with no Clue, Please Shut Up!:
    In Response to Idiot Fans with no Clue, Please Shut Up! : Isn't that the point of a forum or discussion board?? Oh, I see, we're all suppossed to agree and and not share opinions unless they are all pro-Belichick. Hey, none of us are GM's or coaches but that doesn't mean we know NOTHING. Some of the fans here call it as we see it. If it stinks then no perfume can mask the odor..garbage is garbage and in my opinion alot of what the Pats organization..let me rephrase BILL BELICHICK, has done recently with players and personel STINKS. And it stunk to high heaven last night as well! So, lets all ST-FU and we won't have a discussion board!
    Posted by smorgan86

smorgan your wasing your time, these idiots would praise BB if he traded out of the entire draft. Now all these stooges are telling us what a genius pick this guy is because BB got him and its a much needed spot. Well if BB is such a genius why wasnt this spot filled last year, or the year before? See they cant answer that because it would cause question to BB as being such a genius. Funny how BB is such a genius on defense, but last year and the year before the Patriot defense stinks. But hey you cant question BB acording to these simpletons. LMAO I cant wait until tonight, maybe BB will pick a punter, or maybe 5 more CB's since the last 2 years he hasnt had a clue in picking any of them. Oh how stupid these morons are lmfaoYell

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Idiot Fans with no Clue, Please Shut Up! : yeah, they are all so dumb and you are the only football genius that knows how to cut and paste someone else's scouting report on devin mccourtey. go to wherever you found that and i am sure they also have an equally as impressive one on hughes, oldrick, dez, etc..
    Posted by HOFFBURGER

Maybe you would like to find them.....

Pick one and see if he is better...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

They won't. They are too dumb. They don't get it.  It was an absolute need pick.  Did anyone see our left side last year in the secondary? Wilson ran a slower 40. Wilson is the same size but can't tackle as well and doesn't have McCourty's intangibles. McCourty was ranked as the top CB in the draft by some. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/563691 -Ranked by some as top CB in the draft over Joe Haden (who went in the top 10) -Ran a 4.35 in the 40 at the combine (faster than any other CB picked so far); -42 inch vertical which is ridiculous -5-11 193; The tallest out of the 4 CBs picked so far-- Revis is only 5-11 for the record -Film nut, who was a 3 year starter and defensive captain at Rutgers "Reliable veteran who loves to play the game" "He is like a coach on the field with his outstanding knowledge and ability to make adjustments" "Very good student who made multiple Big East All-Academic teams" "He has allowed just 2.75 yards per pass attempt, the lowest figure of any active player in the Big East Conference" "Baits quarterbacks into throwing in his direction, closing very well when the ball is in front of him. Good plant and drive with body control. Takes the proper angle to the receiver" "Wiry strong and solid in his tackling technique. Brings his hips and wraps ballcarriers when straight-on in his sights. Doesn't give up many yards after catch. Attacks screens, even after push off from larger receivers. Avoids blocks in the open field, usually wrapping a leg instead of cutting. Rarely misses completely, even against elusive runners" "Very willing (and able) to support the run. Attacks running backs coming into his area, bringing them down with veracity" "In addition, McCourty has drawn comparisons to former Buffalo Bills standout Steve Tasker for his outstanding performance on special teams. He recorded 23 tackles for the punt coverage unit and 27 for the kickoff coverage squad. He has also blocked six punts and one field goal" "He has proven to be one of the more electrifying kickoff returners in the nation, evident by his average of 27.91 yards per attempt"
    Posted by russgriswold

Now see this is a fan that has it right to a degree. This is a needed pick because the last 2 years BB hasnt gotten it right being the defensive genius that he is. The Patriots just took 2 more steps to being the bottom of the AFC

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Idiot Fans with no Clue, Please Shut Up!:
    Its funny how everyone thinks they are a G.M and thinks they are smarter than Bill....Gimme a break!   I held off commenting last night, cuz I didnt want to waste my night, but the things said on here, Im gonna chalk up as panicking thoughts....Most comments I heard, this is a smurf, and we should have taken K.Wilson the Jets got the better C.B.   wahhhhh-wahhhh  Are u serious...the guy is almost 5'11", he is the biggest corner we have not named Leigh Bodden, and Kyle Wilson is actually the smurf at 5'9", where are you clowns getting your INfo...fact is the afc east is loading up with big recievers and another fact is Wilhite is trash, and so is Wheatley and they are real SMURFS, now if you wanna knock those pics , go ahead, but dont knock him for trying to upgrade an obviously weak position, where we only had one good corner, and you guys want more L.B.'s we got plenty, they just have to be put in situation to make plays, to be honest, Kindle is not a elite pass rusher,a nd coming here he would have been average, but dont act like you know more than Bill, thats a joke...just ST-FU and let the draft play out.....Happy Friday!
    Posted by patsfan76

You continue to be my favorite poster. Thanks, seriously.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

In Response to Re: Idiot Fans with no Clue, Please Shut Up! : Excuse me? CB was a top 3 need on defense. A rebuilding D.  I had Kareem Jackson as my top CB, but I wanted him to fall.  McCourty was gong to the Jets next and BB scores two more picks in the deepest draft in decades AND the player he wanted at 22? And these are all problems? There are way too many 16-24 year old goobers here who don't understasnd the system, finances, or value which is sad considering what BB has built here so incredibly. As for other CB complaints, Wheatley has been hurt. Oh well, stuff happens. Wilite will make a fine nickel. He's a 4th rd pick. Leigh Bodden is a great CB in this league. Butler is raw, but talented.  Camp competition for him on the left side is huge and they got it. Too many children here who can't see the forest for the trees.
    Posted by russgriswold

for one, he didnt score 2 more picks in the deepest draft in decades, the 4th rounder was included in the next trade, they basically slid back a few spots and turned a 4 into 3. personally i have no problem with that and i dont think that anyone does. i am just not as big on mccourtey as some of you are, i dont think he will be a bust by any means i am sure he will develop into a useful player, but i have my doubts about him becoming some kinda lockdown corner. more than likely a future nickelback and special teams standout. which is fine, we need players like that, but just for once it would be nice to see them try to hit a homerun with their first rounder and not just stockpile "value" picks.

and it's hard to get overly excited about tonight knowing that BB will more than likely continue to trade down and into future seasons as always...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

So let me guess this right stomper-

1) you formed your own analytical observations of Mccourty etc.. and didnt do so by watching espn. you just happen to say exactly what Kiper said and you knew and posted that Gruden was sitting next to Young....w/ out watching the draft of course.

2) you've resorted to childish name calling tactics thinking that this helps your cause for some unknown reason. Please, by all means keep up the recess chatter, its entertaining to say the least.

3) you changed that awesome picture of a dog cleaning because you didnt like being called out on it. So sad how easily you you're influenced and how you take it so seriously.

In a year when im still on this board writing my own original posts regardless of the success Mr. Mccourty may or may not have,  I hope that you will be here doing the same and not embarassing yourself to the degree that you have last night and today. I pity you.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

you got tossed!!!

too funny, and we were just getting somewhere. well done young man.

This meeting is over!

huh?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDelReport. Show TheDelReport's posts

It's not so much knocking the kid, I feel that McCourty can be a good player (well, I'm hoping more than anything), but Jerry Hughes looked like a good pick, and they're going to have to get heat on the quarterback or else it doesn't matter who's back there at corner (which is a glaring weakness as well opposite Bodden).  What's this "we have plenty of linebackers crap", outside of Mayo, and Banta-Cain, sometimes Guyton, we are thin at linebacker, hence the 4-3 that was played the majority of the year. We are looking for that 4th backer... Ohh, that's right we have Pierre Woods, Shawn Crable, Eric Alexander, and BB's favorite Adalius Thomas... Yea, we're fine at linebacker... Look it, I hope this kid works out more than anybody, but I haven't been that confident in Bill's cornerback picks past the few drafts... But hey, there are 6 more rounds, so will have plenty more to review...

Call my show this afternoon from 5-6:30 (1-347-857-3765) to discuss the Patriots draft... Check out previous shows at http://thedelreport.com/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Ty McKenzie? big if but BB was ecstatic to have gotten him in the 3rd last year.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

"I  mean, when you think about it, it's the exact same thought process..one camp believes player-x is gonna be a great player because all the mock drafts and "experts" say so, while the others think BB's choice is a great draft pick just because BB said so... " Actually thats not true in my case...I am not saying whatever Bill does is right, what I said is that if you are gonna argue atleast get ur facts straight, and dont cry about getting a a player at a position of need for us .....Nobody knows waht these guys are gonna do....but if you gonna argue who you want,,,dont tell me what the draft experts say about him being small, and then call him a smurf...He is above average height for the positon..if they said small they meant in stature...and everyone crying about Kindle needs to ask why noone else drafted him yet...
    Posted by patsfan76

well personally i never made a single comment about his size, which seems about average for the position in my estimation but certainly not small or a "smurf"...my only point was that all of us, whether we like the pick or dont like the pick, dont really have opinions of our own when it comes to these players...our opinions come from either so called "experts" and analysts, or BB himself..

and that being said, for the posters that wish BB wouldve drafted someone else like dez bryant, or hughes, or oldrick etc...we have many people in the "in bill we trust" crowd scolding them for "thinking they're a GM" or that they think "they know better than BB" etc etc...so my point was, the "in bill we trust" crowd is doing the exact same thing basically when they defend it as some kinda brilliant move just because BB told them mccourtney can play...

reality is, after a decade the jury is still out on BB as an evaluator of college talent..he has had a few hits, but many more misses, reaches, and puzzling draft pick trades..the best in the biz at working what he has and coaching them up, there is no denying that, but as much as i hate to admit it he is no bill polian on draft days....and even with 3 super bowls, his draft record does not automatically afford him the right that every single pats fan automatically accepts his picks as "genius"...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

I am a BB backer all the way.I dont want any other coach but him.as for some of the draft picks many said wilhite and wheatly would be studs also.that remains to be seen.maybe this kid will be great.maybe not.but without good pass rushers on the team,none of our corners will look good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

by next year we will still take peterson, by then we will only have 3 CBs on our roster when you need 4, if we dont get him i swear we better get ingram

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Idiot Fans with no Clue, Please Shut Up! : well personally i never made a single comment about his size, which seems about average for the position in my estimation but certainly not small or a "smurf"...my only point was that all of us, whether we like the pick or dont like the pick, dont really have opinions of our own when it comes to these players...our opinions come from either so called "experts" and analysts, or BB himself.. and that being said, for the posters that wish BB wouldve drafted someone else like dez bryant, or hughes, or oldrick etc...we have many people in the "in bill we trust" crowd scolding them for "thinking they're a GM" or that they think "they know better than BB" etc etc...so my point was, the "in bill we trust" crowd is doing the exact same thing basically when they defend it as some kinda brilliant move just because BB told them mccourtney can play... reality is, after a decade the jury is still out on BB as an evaluator of college talent..he has had a few hits, but many more misses, reaches, and puzzling draft pick trades..the best in the biz at working what he has and coaching them up, there is no denying that, but as much as i hate to admit it he is no bill polian on draft days....and even with 3 super bowls, his draft record does not automatically afford him the right that every single pats fan automatically accepts his picks as "genius"...
    Posted by HOFFBURGER

So, maybe you would have the stats on his hits and misses on draft picks compared to other coaches/GM's?  Just becuase you are so against him....you know?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

i told everyone 2 weeks ago that McCourty would be taken at 22, i thought he wudnt make it past 22, but BB used his genius and figured since other team THINK wilson is better they would go with him, McCourty is much better overall then any other CB in this draft, watch this time next year everyone will be joggling over this pick like its golden diamonds... yall is some haters cus you dont know about the kid....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDelReport. Show TheDelReport's posts

I didnt say we had good LB's, I said we have plenty and instead of jsut keep stockpiling them, lets see what we got...Im not the one who resiged P.Woods...we still have McKenzie, Guyton, TBC, Crable, etc...like I said..not my cup of tea...but some players there that have not touched the field yet..so maybe the thinking is why waste a pic on a McClain..we have Mckenzie who hastn played yet...waste a pic on a new Backer, when we have invested a 3rd in Crable and he been here goin on 3 years..he needs to make those work...I have already seen that Wheatley and Wilhite cant play. so that was an obvious need the backers we havbent seen yet, that was my point, but agree we still need em. but not high...we will get a gem in the 4th,and just pray Devin is not a bust
    Posted by patsfan76

Well said patsfan76, and the fact is, there are 6 more rounds before the dust finally settles.  I was very high on Crable when he was drafted, and felt like he was a steal to end up in the third round, but my concerns are with his health, and the fact that he hasn't touched the field yet.  I simply point out the Hughes pick, because the Colts have drafted better than any team the past few years, and if this guy ends up being a stud, and McCourty ends up being just a nickel package and special teams guy, then it will leave many shaking their heads... With that being said, that's the draft in a nutshell every year. We're always going to cross-examine every pick that went after the Pats, and say "we could've had this guy."

The main thing here, is that McCourty can end up being able to contribute right away, and  that he's not a bust... Here's to a very busy night, between the Bruins, Celtics, and the draft! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

In Response to Re: Idiot Fans with no Clue, Please Shut Up! : So, maybe you would have the stats on his hits and misses on draft picks compared to other coaches/GM's?  Just becuase you are so against him....you know?
    Posted by m1021us

dude get outta here with that nonsense...first off nobody is against him, i have much respect for BB and what he has done for the organization..at this point, after winning with him so many years i will stand by him and start losing with him to if it ultimately comes to that...what homers like you dont realize is that its ok to at times have an opinion thats not in lock step with the company line BB feeds you...being a fan is not merely blind support out of past accomplishments, fans also have every right to question his tactics and formulate their own opinions...if people complain that does not make them any less of a fan than you, their frustration comes from the fact that they genuinely care about the team, if they didnt then they wouldnt speak up. guess what? someday BB will be long gone and i will still be a pats fan...with all due respect, my personal allegience is bigger than any one one player or coach..

as far as his hits/misses that is well documented and feel free to look it up yourself...even the most hardcore BB supporters must admit he has not drafted particularly well in recent years, otherwise there wouldnt be so many glaring holes...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Idiot Fans with no Clue, Please Shut Up! : dude get outta here with that nonsense...first off nobody is against him, i have much respect for BB and what he has done for the organization..at this point, after winning with him so many years i will stand by him and start losing with him to if it ultimately comes to that...what homers like you dont realize is that its ok to at times have an opinion thats not in lock step with the company line BB feeds you...being a fan is not merely blind support out of past accomplishments, fans also have every right to question his tactics and formulate their own opinions...if people complain that does not make them any less of a fan than you, their frustration comes from the fact that they genuinely care about the team, if they didnt then they wouldnt speak up. guess what? someday BB will be long gone and i will still be a pats fan...with all due respect, my personal allegience is bigger than any one one player or coach.. as far as his hits/misses that is well documented and feel free to look it up yourself...even the most hardcore BB supporters must admit he has not drafted particularly well in recent years, otherwise there wouldnt be so many glaring holes...
    Posted by HOFFBURGER

Yeah, that is not substantial evidence....that is a feeling that you have and have nothing to support you on......too much reading Tony Mazz, or listening to Felger....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

and for the record, while i am not personally thrilled with the mccourtey pick myself, i will wait to see what happens tonight...if BB actually uses his picks and we head into camp with mccourtey as part of a package of rookies with good potential, a talented overall draft class that adds depth at several positions...then thats great i am cool with that...but if BB starts wheeling and dealing outta the 2nd round and into future seasons like usual, then that will definitely put mccourtey under a bigger microscope and he better develop into something much more than a nickelback and special teams standout..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

Children, children, please; it's Christmas morning and we're all family here.
    Here's the good news:  I've been watching football games on TV and reading mock drafts online for years now so, if you can't trust bb, trust me:  McCourty's a great pick.  

You're welcome!

Go Pats!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

In Response to Re: Idiot Fans with no Clue, Please Shut Up! : Yeah, that is not substantial evidence....that is a feeling that you have and have nothing to support you on......too much reading Tony Mazz, or listening to Felger....
    Posted by m1021us

ok smart guy, you keep following me around, but what have you added? nothing, zero, zilch, nada...no "substantial evidence" of your own, so where is your expert analysis? the reason i gave you no real examples is because i dont feel like wasting my time on you at the moment because you yourself have nothing of value to add...now beat it

on, and FYI...sorry, but felgey and mazz have nothing to do with my opinions...nope, they come from the slew of mccourtey type players BB has drafted in recent years that have yet to pan out or show real promise beyond contributing on special teams and in nickel situations..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Idiot Fans with no Clue, Please Shut Up! : ok smart guy, you keep following me around, but what have you added? nothing, zero, zilch, nada...no "substantial evidence" of your own, so where is your expert analysis? the reason i gave you no real examples is because i dont feel like wasting my time on you at the moment because you yourself have nothing of value to add...now beat it on, and FYI...sorry, but felgey and mazz have nothing to do with my opinions...nope, they come from the slew of mccourtey type players BB has drafted in recent years that have yet to pan out or show real promise beyond contributing on special teams and in nickel situations..
    Posted by HOFFBURGER

yeah, you are right....Samuel, Wilfork, Seymour, Mankins were all horrible!

I am not the one spewing out insults to Belichick's daft picking, without any evidence to your accusation other than your feeling....I want to see how you came to your conclusion....you must have something on how he compares to the rest of the league for drafting?  or are we over-reacting?

just trying to have a civil conversation, but if you have nothing to go by and are over-reacting....just tell me....no need to be insulting...

Sections
Shortcuts