If A Patriots Player Took Out Demaryius Thomas On An Illegal Hit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

If A Patriots Player Took Out Demaryius Thomas On An Illegal Hit

Like Welker took out Talib it would be a much bigger story. I wonder why that is

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: If A Patriots Player Took Out Demaryius Thomas On An Illegal Hit

Yep.  At the very least, it would've been called an offesnive PI.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

One reason is everyone loves to pile on the Patriots, The new generation of corespondents like Marshal Faulk actualy played against the pats in their dominant years and had championships and big games taken from them..lot of bad blood.

The other reason is any damaging hit these days by a defensive player gets penalized.

The need for the NFL to have big scoring offenses and wide open passing has put quite a bit of pressure on defensive players to not inflict any pain or injury. Flag football is next.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

First of all every flag in the stadium would have been thrown,Secondly a targeting penalty unsportsmanlike conduct penalty would have been the call along with PI, thirdly Talib would have been ejected and as soon as Goodell opened his office rthe following Monday morning he would have informed Talib that it was going to cost him 30K for his hit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

While Welker inexcusably committed an illegal pick, not uncommon, of course, this thread has apparently mashed sour grapes into whine. The PATS were dominated; period.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

No it wouldn't have been. This was only a significant story because of what BB said afterwards.

Cannon tripped Charles Johnson and it wasn't a huge story...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This thread has apparently mashed sour grapes into whine. The PATS were dominated; period.

[/QUOTE]

Don't care for the thread... don't participate. Simple.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This thread has apparently mashed sour grapes into whine. The PATS were dominated; period.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Valid; however, don't care for a post, don't respond; even simpler.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

This thread has apparently mashed sour grapes into whine. 

Think its a pretty matter of fact thread. I actually think it was a smart play Welker made given the way the NFL works these days and gives the advantage to offenses.

I for one think the Patriots should have been giving out a few hits like that themsleves. 

This is  a discussion forum..we use events in games to highlight the state of the PAtriots and the state of the NFL. I have  seen a lot of whining in threads...but not this one.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This thread has apparently mashed sour grapes into whine. 

[/QUOTE]

Think its a pretty matter of fact thread. I actually think it was a smart play Welker made given the way the NFL works these days and gives the advantage to offenses.

I for one think the Patriots should have been giving out a few hits like that themsleves. 

This is  a discussion forum..we use events in games to highlight the state of the PAtriots and the state of the NFL. I have  seen a lot of whining in threads...but not this one.

[/QUOTE]

I guess we just won't agree then.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Valid; however, don't care for a post, don't respond; even simpler.Cry

[/QUOTE]

Kiss

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like Welker took out Talib it would be a much bigger story. I wonder why that is

[/QUOTE]

how do you know this?  What if a patriots player took out (or tried to take out) Rodgers Cromartie?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If the hit was illegal.

Didn't see one last weekend. 

I think Talib gave us the ol Jay Cutler and Ladainian Tomlinson treatment.  On the bench when team needed him the most.  Talib is the tin man.. find the dude a heart!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

[QUOTE]

how do you know this?  What if a patriots player took out (or tried to take out) Rodgers Cromartie?

[/QUOTE]

oh wait - that happened.  Edelman just couldn't finish the job. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

The Pat's just weren't aggressive on D. No pressure on Manning. Too many times LBs were moving toward the secondary, at times before the ball was snapped. Can't be effective running away.

Agree that if the tables were turned the flags woulda been a flyin'.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If they had tested that theory, knocked out a few Brocos, maybe they woulld have won.

Which school of thought do you want your team to embrace? to take advantage of every loophole and weigh the penalty vs the gain for big hits? If the advantage of the hit outweighs the posible penalty then why not do it?

Should teams train their players to take out the knees like what happened to Gronk becasue it is legal? Should it not be routine now for recivers to blindside CB's? because really the upside is huge compared to the downside.

Some would say do what it takes to win...some would say don't put winning ahead of everything else. 

Is it up to the NFL to make better rules or coaches and players to limit this type of play?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the hit was illegal.

Didn't see one last weekend. 

I think Talib gave us the ol Jay Cutler and Ladainian Tomlinson treatment.  On the bench when team needed him the most.  Talib is the tin man.. find the dude a heart!

[/QUOTE]

Just don't sign him. We need players that play hurt when the game is on the line, like the old days. he lost his courage.