If AJ Green is available with the Raider's Pick, would Belichick even draft him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carbonflow. Show carbonflow's posts

If AJ Green is available with the Raider's Pick, would Belichick even draft him?

Understanding that Green is likely to go no later than #7 in the draft next year and the Raider pick unlikely to move up that high,

if available,

would Belichick even draft Green?

Although I would love to see this, I do not think Belichick would do so.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: If AJ Green is available with the Raider's Pick, would Belichick even draft him?

I've learned that I'll never correctly predict who BB will take in the first round. Players that are projected to be late firsts or second round picks are typically the ones he wants, so I'd recommend looking at some of the players that aren't the "sexy" picks. They are probably the ones that will be picked by the Pats.

I think he's going to focus on the D or O-lines and the linebacker position. He will probably pick up a running back in the second or third round as well.

Now that I said that he's probably going to pick Green...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Re: If AJ Green is available with the Raider's Pick, would Belichick even draft him?

I'd be shocked if he took Green....I could see him going after another DB like Prince though....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

If Prince is there when the N.E.'s first,first round choice(Oakland)comes around the Pats should send a "thank you"note and a nice gift to every GM who bypassed him and tke take about 2 seconds to select this young CB.Though the chances of that happening are slim,you could find equally strange things having happened in the past and one can only hope that history repeats itself,but don't believe it is possible and just say thank you if absurd insanity strikes a bunch of other teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I dont see another corner w/ that pick. Dont forget Bodden will be back next year and hes still got 3 yrs on his contract, and its not like he suffered a leg injury that might mess him up, hes still relatively young and had a shoulder injury? I dont see him drafting a CB with that pick to be a nickel corner because i can see them getting by w/ arrington/butler/willhite as a nickel corner.
    I think they will sure up the trenches, maybe get the replacement for mankins if he doesnt end up coming back, otherwise DL. 
    Outside shot: WR + RB playmaker.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Oakland has 6 wins with 3 games left. They win at least against Denver and have a shot again KC. I don't know if it's likely they have a top 8 pick. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

This is my mock draft for the Patriots first two days:

Oakland first round pick (10-20 range): Robert Quinn
    Patriots first round pick (28-32): Traded for DeAngelo Williams
    Carolina's second round pick (33-36 range): Jake Locker
    Patriots second round pick (60-64 range): Stefen Wisniewski
    Vikings third round pick (70-76 range): Mark Herzlich

AJ Green I think goes before we even pick, not that we couldn't trade up for any one prospect we really want. I think Mike Brewster, the center from Ohio State, is a real gem and definitely someone any team would love to get on their team. I wouldn't mind seeing him drafted at all. He will likely have the ability to play all five offensive line positions by the time he starts to establish himself as a true professional.

The fan get-up vote in my mock: DeAngelo Williams; any fan that somewhat follows the NFL will know what an asset DeAngelo can be and the type of talents he'd be able to blend with the styles of Danny Woodhead and LawFirm. Keep in mind Sammy Morris and/or Kevin Faulk will likely get a renewed 1-year contract barring retirement.

The true super-star-potential pick in my mock: Robert Quinn; a true stud and one of the best prospects to ever come out of college football from the pass rushing position. A lock to be a force off the edge, up the middle, and from any of the three conventional playing stances (2-point, 3-point, 4-point).

The surprise pick in my mock: Quarterback Jake Locker. With his grit and ability to make something happen when something else doesn't go right, Locker figures to make a smart fit with the Patriots. Belichick has said the truly great quarterbacks of today are the ones that are able to create positive plays when things break down. Locker combines sound accuracy throwing the football with mobility and escapability with his legs. Fans would come to approve of this pick by the time he starts to challenge for a starting position at the end of Brady's contract (he could hypothetically be 26 years old by the time Tom decides he's taken enough physical abuse from the game. For perspective, former greats like Steve Young and Roger Staubach didn't take over their team until they reached their early 30's).

Best return on value immediately in my mock: Mark Herzlich, BC's top linebacker prospect. Sneaky in coverage and sound against the run, Herzlich figures to be a great rookie season fit on special teams and in spot play on defense. Like Quinn, (who's stock has fallen after being prohibited from playing this college football season), Locker, (who some pegged as a first overall QB pick as recent as last offseason until failing to live up to those expectations in his senior year), Mark Herzlich was considered to be a first round pick in 2008 after having a terrific sophomore season. In 2009 Mark was fighting cancer and ultimately overcame the disease, returning to play for 2010 and showing gradual improvement his entire senior season.

In the 2010 NFL Draft, the Pats made out similarly with Day 2 high profile players in Brandon Spikes, Rob Gronkowski, and Aaron Hernandez, all players dubbed as first round picks at some point until seeing their draft stock slip at various points. The three of those guys, as you know, turned into two second round picks and a steal in the fourth round.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from laynard. Show laynard's posts

In Response to Re: If AJ Green is available with the Raider's Pick, would Belichick even draft him?:
    [QUOTE] The fan get-up vote in my mock: DeAngelo Williams; any fan that somewhat follows the NFL will know what an asset DeAngelo can be and the type of talents he'd be able to blend with the styles of Danny Woodhead and LawFirm. Keep in mind Sammy Morris and/or Kevin Faulk will likely get a renewed 1-year contract barring retirement.
    Posted by Brendon-Patrick[/QUOTE]

Williams will be a free agent, no need to trade for him. Completely agree though, he would be perfect for this offense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: If AJ Green is available with the Raider's Pick, would Belichick even draft him?:
    [QUOTE]This is my mock draft for the Patriots first two days: Oakland first round pick (10-20 range): Robert Quinn Patriots first round pick (28-32): Traded for DeAngelo Williams Carolina's second round pick (33-36 range): Jake Locker Patriots second round pick (60-64 range): Stefen Wisniewski Vikings third round pick (70-76 range): Mark Herzlich AJ Green I think goes before we even pick, not that we couldn't trade up for any one prospect we really want. I think Mike Brewster, the center from Ohio State, is a real gem and definitely someone any team would love to get on their team. I wouldn't mind seeing him drafted at all. He will likely have the ability to play all five offensive line positions by the time he starts to establish himself as a true professional. The fan get-up vote in my mock: DeAngelo Williams; any fan that somewhat follows the NFL will know what an asset DeAngelo can be and the type of talents he'd be able to blend with the styles of Danny Woodhead and LawFirm. Keep in mind Sammy Morris and/or Kevin Faulk will likely get a renewed 1-year contract barring retirement. The true super-star-potential pick in my mock: Robert Quinn; a true stud and one of the best prospects to ever come out of college football from the pass rushing position. A lock to be a force off the edge, up the middle, and from any of the three conventional playing stances (2-point, 3-point, 4-point). The surprise pick in my mock: Quarterback Jake Locker. With his grit and ability to make something happen when something else doesn't go right, Locker figures to make a smart fit with the Patriots. Belichick has said the truly great quarterbacks of today are the ones that are able to create positive plays when things break down. Locker combines sound accuracy throwing the football with mobility and escapability with his legs. Fans would come to approve of this pick by the time he starts to challenge for a starting position at the end of Brady's contract (he could hypothetically be 26 years old by the time Tom decides he's taken enough physical abuse from the game. For perspective, former greats like Steve Young and Roger Staubach didn't take over their team until they reached their early 30's). Best return on value immediately in my mock: Mark Herzlich, BC's top linebacker prospect. Sneaky in coverage and sound against the run, Herzlich figures to be a great rookie season fit on special teams and in spot play on defense. Like Quinn, (who's stock has fallen after being prohibited from playing this college football season), Locker, (who some pegged as a first overall QB pick as recent as last offseason until failing to live up to those expectations in his senior year), Mark Herzlich was considered to be a first round pick in 2008 after having a terrific sophomore season. In 2009 Mark was fighting cancer and ultimately overcame the disease, returning to play for 2010 and showing gradual improvement his entire senior season. In the 2010 NFL Draft, the Pats made out similarly with Day 2 high profile players in Brandon Spikes, Rob Gronkowski, and Aaron Hernandez, all players dubbed as first round picks at some point until seeing their draft stock slip at various points. The three of those guys, as you know, turned into two second round picks and a steal in the fourth round.

I would be surprised if BB traded the 1st round pick for Williams. He'll be 27 next season, so about 3 till he hits the dreaded number for rb (30 years old)...however hes only had 841 carries in the pros so that might not be as big an issue...BUT rb are considered one of the easiest positions to transition from college to pros...why trade a first round pick for a player who 
    1. will be looking for a large contract. 
    2. Has missed game time the past 2 seasons.
    3. Again, is 5-6 years older than rb you can draft

Also, I doubt that BB would draft Locker...Brady has a new 4 year deal, he'd have to sit behind Brady for 4 years before seeing the light of day.  If locker is available at pick 33, I see BB trying to trade the pick to a QB hungry team

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Except I'd be surprised if Carolina lets him walk. They'll probably hold onto him and try to get any sort of immediate return they can. Unless their organization believes some 2012 compensation will be greater than anything they could get on the trade market, I'm pretty sure they'll hold on and dangle if they aren't able to re-sign him themselves.

With Carolina, I think DeAngelo would require more money than if he were on a team that he feels has a better chance to win like the Patriots. He probably wants to win and contribute to winning while he's still in his prime years. What's great about DeAngelo and the style player he is, he'll be like Fred Taylor in the sense that he'll always be reliable in giving carries to. Hopefully he doesn't follow the trend of injuries of Fred though. Both have been outstanding runningbacks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

You could be right about the trade idea, that really wouldn't surprise me. But rather than exploring that option, I think with the amount of talent on this Patriots roster, Locker offers the best value both longer term and immediately as a reserve/project third string QB with great potential to some day take over for Brady. If not, you develop Locker and maybe he gets some extended time to play down the road, teams clamor to his potential re-realizing what he has to offer after spending time with New England, and if New England at that time feels the right move would be to re-up Brady and trade Locker for a first or what have you, then maybe that's what will end up happening.

Don't say never to the idea of a quarterback like Locker though, especially considering his fit with the Patriots and the sort of profile he matches as far as being a rare breed of quarterback. Tim Tebow was a favorite "dark horse" pick to the Pats this past offseason, and Tebow is really just a lesser left-handed version of Locker with a different mindset. Locker is superior and ideal in my mind. Tebow by comparison was a trendy consideration that was probably never more realistic than being taken after the third round; he went in the first to Denver. Tebow was the high-spirited, Florida connection, offbeat type of pick that many mock drafters clung to at points and projected going the Patriots. Jake Locker, as I said, is a superior prospect who fits in much more ideally than I think Tebow ever could.

As far as DeAngelo Williams goes, I think he runs in a committee but as one of the focal compliments to the offense. I'm pretty sure with his God-given talent, DeAngelo Williams will be managed properly by the best team managers in the league in the Patriots staff. They defintely are experts in their field and I have confidence in making the push for a player like DeAngelo. Beside, don't find yourself falling into the trap of early round picks. Yes, they're valuable, but don't lose touch with how valuable they are in relation to the particular state a franchise may be in. A first round pick is more of gamble to project than an already established NFL player who happens to be on the market. If the team chose to pursue DeAngelo, I'd agree with it being a smarter investment than the late first round draft pick. Thats just my opinion though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to If AJ Green is available with the Raider's Pick, would Belichick even draft him?:
    Good GOD!!!  I Freakin' HOPE So, ya know!!!  I mean, yahhh-I'm just thinkin' ta myself the other day, "Laz, CAN you Even Imagine IF just 1 of these 4.4 running & still @ 6'4-6'5 200-225 pounded guys with lightning speed & jack-rabbit cuts when the ball gets ta 'em-Freaks Of NFL Genetic Nature, got in the hands of someone like NE's HOF QB Tom Brady, What sorta damage could be done!!!  Yikes!"  

I'm thinkin', woe is me...only IF NE used one of the early 1st round picks on getting one of these star-receiver physical freaks...sure, I mean these guys really always come with head-issues (AJ Green just served his own NCAA 4 game suspension, himself), oh-and the prima dona "me first" attitude, 'course...that's a gimme (every...single...time, with the #1 star wideout), And sure, sure-the don't got the most surest of hands, and yea, yea, yea-they'll be sorta pathetic route tree runners, And play-book learning?  That's a negative ole buddy...  Not when your natural speed, size, cutting skills-ALL generate the crazy potential for the deep-ball or with the momentous potential to make defenders miss and get huge yards after the catch.  

C'mon now, krist- WHO would learn a playbook when at 6'5 you flat run a 4.4 40 speed?  Would you?  Me?  Noooo, sheez why bother.  If I'm in AJ Green's shoes, & The Patriots actually do Draft Green (i.e. me), then Day #1 I'm tellin' Belichick how it'll go down
         "Alrighty here Billy-boy, here's how it'll be: Just for you, I'll master 3 passing plays in the NE playbook...I mean, you KNOW I got's the skills ta get open on nearly every play out there. And yo, check this out-and this offer won't last long...IF you act right now, and here's my simple demands-Extra locker space (I'll say 3 lockers in 1), A cherry front-of-the-stadium parking spot, AND-during the season, I'd like at least 2 of the other team member's (ideally wood pine ridin' bench warmers)-to BOTH do my laundry and a simple twice weekly cleaning of my house...but, ehh- I'll settle for 1 or the other, THEN If these simple requests are met...  Right now...  I will...  I'll learn 6! passing plays from NE's book. Yea, I know, I know: Yea...I'm pretty much DOUBLING my offer, for nuthin'! Oh, hope someone already doesn't have my jersey number. What'my thinkin', I know you'll take care of that."

Dear god...please, please don't let NE's current HC (in my lifetime), EVER be as d#mb as mmany teams head coach's, When they get blinded to team need, team fit, effort, intelligence=ANY and EVERY intangible, and several minor tangible aspects too WHEN these id#ots see potential NFL superstar abilities comin' their way.  

God, on NFL Draft Day, all I want in Rd #1 is some combo of the following:

Since as it stands now, New England currently has 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders, and 2 third rounders, W-o-wz're.  1st round, as it stands w/ Oak's pick & NE's own, on this very day, their currently slotted @ #14th and #31st overall...

So whada I want, wada I want, whad do I wanna do, hmmm.  Alright, Patriots needs imo here: 
         On Offense- definately a runningback, and defiinately a offensive tackle and an offensive guard, and I really would like sorta, just 1 more decent #2 wide receiver for NE...just a great route runner with sure hands, nothin' else matters, but we'll see on the wr thing (RB and O-Line priorities will be determined more specifically in offseason- RB, can NE get a healthy, even somewhat decently skilled bigger back in FA? OL, with OG Neal old & hurt & OG Mankins contract sit, we'll need at least 1 imo And with OT Vollmer starting calliber but w/current OT Light older age & diminished skills, and unlike w/ OG sit where we will be able to shore up 1 of the OG starting spots with our many roster guards, With tackle-even though we just need 1, we really don't even have a good single one in the wings). 
    ~Offense: (definate)=RB, OG, OT  (be-nice-"if")=WR, OC
         On Defense- definately (and I mean D-E-F-inately), 1 or even potentially two 3-4 Defensive Ends, And then definately 1 Outside Linebacker (not a weakside pass-rushing, quarterback threatening, Great QB nailin' freak...just a good Strongside 3-4 Outside Linebacker; A solid OLB with no real weaknesses like Mike Vrabel was for NE for years-No superb anywhere, But well abopve average Everywhere (pass-rush, run defending, and pass defense);  After this, New England w/ Darius Butler's 2nd year step-back (then, not much elsewhere), NE certainly could use another Cornerback. Likewwise @ Safety w/ meek James Sanders, Greatly skilled but Greatly mistake-prone (and nearing new contract decision time) B Merriweather, and w/ B McGowan's age and injuries (currently IR?), NE ALSO could use a Safety, too... Yet, Safety and Cornerback imho NOwhere near as neccessary as 3-4 DE and SOLB.
    ~Defense: (definate)=DE, OLB   (be-nice-"if")=CB, Safety

~~2010 NFL Draft Day Is HERE!!!~~

<screeeeech-speaker system click /> "We have an announcement to make here people...please quiet on down for our announcement good football fans in the draft day audience; This is news pertaining to The New England Patriots Draft aspect of their organization...  They would like me to announce, that someone named LazarusintheSanatorium is your brand new Draft Day GM, and well I guess now, even though I never heard of him, Apparently most of the rest of America has- OR, as this memo states in bright orange crayon scribbled all over the rest of the typing, 'Laz is loved by da USA AND he's be daz B-O-M-B, yippppe!!!' So, I guess that's that."

>Laz in The New England Patriots WAR ROOM...

"Alright folks, here that-bang, bamb, whoop, whaam=I'm in people... And I'm in charge now folks, so listen up good.  Here goes:  WE...Need...TO DO, the following- I need a guy goin' this instant for a Large French Vanilla Coolata from DK; just a speck a' whipped cream, thanx.  Next, I'm needin' 2 people On-The-Ball, attempting to secure me some Ritalin and/or Adderal 'cause I already overused what the shrink alots me as the max dose per month...10 days, 20 of misery...weee!  And/or ONLY if all else fails, poolin' together each & all our dough ta get me some'a that white, soft, crystal candy.  But really, Aderall or Rit---
    Whaaa?  'Ya thought I was goin' to say something relevant towards The Patriots Draft Day?'   Listen, STF-Up.  Never, Ne-hhheeeahhhh-Va-hhhrrrreee; Neva interupt me again.  I'm not a bad guy, that's why they'll be no punishment here, but in the future=Interupt Laz when he's speakin', and ya get duck taped and thrown in your car's trunk.  Alright, now Coolata's taken care of and with the Rit Adderall thing, Lie, Cheat, Steal, Matters not ta me, Just get it done. 
    Now, RE: The Patriots Draft.  
    I've already ascertained that NE's top needs are RB, OT, OG, DE, and OLB.  And me and Belichick are obviously on the same page here on this one.  I mean, he sent me some letters, but I don't read no more.  If he's correct, which he usually is, then we're on the same page 'cause I always am.  Good now, that totally takes care of any potential questions on the quality of my credentials, WE ARE Gettin' done here PEOPLE!!!
    Draft...  I follow it 365, and it'll play out EXACTLY how I predict it TO play out.  Heck, by following my formula We really could simply give the ole pr#ck of an nfl commish, ALL of our selections on Day 1 draft through Round #2, this way I could send more of ya out tryin' ta cop my drugs...hmmm.  Anyway, something to think of, onward now...
    As the past drafts HAVE been going lately in current years, Position-wise & then current Projection-wise regarding the specific players themselves, Any ole genius coulda figured this sh#t out here...
    Top Ten-Top Twelve Selections are made up of QBs...nope.  Left Offensive Tackles...nope.  We don't NEED a blindside OT, Vollmer's goin' blindside OT in 2011; We DO need a RIGHT Offensive Tackle of starter quality.  And even though even ROTs are goin' high, when they become failures @ LOT, The Pats employ smaller, more agile O-Lineman, considering they gear towards great pass protection, and within the running game NE runs a zone-blocking scheme.  In otherwords, we can wait, and STILL get a very good ROT.  DEs...sorta, I'll explain momentarilly. 
    Also, within here, you'll positionally start to see the very best of a few other positions nailed down...2, possibly 3 of these 13 spots preceding our #14 selection will go towards...Either the nation's best Cornerback...nope.  McCourty's a champ, and even though we could certainly use an upgrade over Butler/Arrington, and/or an added guy for the nickel D, We got more pressing needs to target. 
    Finally, you'll get the nation's very best Linebacker and/or the nation's very best Runningback.  BOTH needs of ours... With the Runningback spot though, even the nation's very best freak, potentially #1 ranked superstars, Have Been falling down draft selection boards in recent years.  And when ONLY these one, or just maybe 2 (sometimes not even that) RBs get taken off in ALL of the first round, their becomes a small lull early on in Round #2, as those Top 10 Teams who selected in Round #1, pick once more.  They've already got either a great left tackle, a great quarterback, or defensively a great defensive end...and in the meantime, there's been a huge lull in the top linebacker and top receivers. 
    So with these excellent starting #1 RBs gone and less emphasis on the pass, these teams STILL can nab themselves the very BEST player in a place where they need it positionally: they can still nab the top center, the top nosetackle, the top 1-2 guard, the top 1-2 ILB, the top 1-2 right OT, the top 2-3 Safeties, or the top 2-3 collegiate Defensive End-NFL 3-4 Outside Linebacker 'tweeners, guys whom which slip down because many even great collegiate DE prospects fail at the NFL switch to OLB. 
    In otherwords, having the choice to draft the best guys at these spots OR getting a #3, #4, or #5 ranked RB in the early first half of Round 2, they far, far more often skip on the RB.       
    Also now, w/ LB goin' before us it could be the IF there's some superb Inside Linebacker (non-need), OR usually far more possibly, either the nation's very best Outside Linebacker (Oklahoma's Travis Lewis or NC's Bruce Carter...neither imo have NE's 3-4 OLB size requirement fit) in college, OR some freak undersized Collegiate Defensive End to projected 3-4 NFL Outside Linebacker 'tweeners (NC's Robert Quinn or A&M's Von Miller...Quinn's a headcase while Von Miller doesn't have the bulk to man-up the strongside of our OLB spot).     
    Bigger and Better Passing Game in the league, so #1 wideouts are goin' a just a bit higher...not our prob.  Me and Bill don't want a #1 wideout, maybe late in round, but probably more into round three we'll get just an average sized possession receiver, with alright speed but with simply superb hands and fantastic route-running skills, but we'll see. 
    Also, More NFL Teams currently have been switching to the 3-4 D, right?  And with Defensive Ends going as high as they have been lately and with teams projecting to the 3-4, not simply the biggest and very best DEs go early, but the few biggest and best DTs who can translate size-wise to a 3-4, are gettin' snagged as well. 
    So, seeeeing as NE neeeds a 3-4 DE and this IS the most logical selection @ First Round selection #14, We Are...goin' for our SOLB spot instead.  Right?  Tell me, you all saw that.
    WE are ideally hoping to trade down, spot, by spot, by spot...while at the same time, we'll also be picking up anywhere from mid round to later round projection spots from each and every team.  
    NOW, we really are goin' spot by spot...and here's the thing folks, We will be gettin' guarentees from these guys (because since on draft day, teams BEG to move up and select next, rather than you goin' and gettin' the guy they'd like just before them)-we'll be gettin' guarentees that these guys won't draft OUR specific guy when they go & leapfrog us w/ our pick selection.  
    I don't care IF we have to get 10-12 guarentees from the 10-12 next NFL teams...  Rationally however (c'mon now), we can still get our guy (not a mid 1st Rder, at best a very late 1st rder or a even a 2nd/3rd).  So, the first 2-4 spots we can sorta count on (ideally goin' anywhere from either 4-upwards of 10)...
    We are thus grabbing 1 guy and 1 guy only:  BC's Mark Herzlich...Last year before his now healing better by the week (as his play's getting freakishly more dominant than the week prior) and less than 2% chance of recurring ever again, rare form of cancer, Sidelined and insanely weakened Herzlich...IF he happened to come out in the Draft prior to his sidelined with Cancer collegiate year, He'd have been a Top 12-Top 15 (worst case) First Round Selection...  Guy's a freakin' animal, He's played mosta this season with an injured foot and a cast on his fractured hand, Because he worked so beyond the human realm PAST his current human physical health, in order to miss just 1 year upon being diagnosed, treated, and recovering from cancer...  Mark Herzlich is 6'4 and 245lbs, and he runs a 4.62 4o y.d., and he IS a beast at every single aspect of his football game: run defense, tackling, pass defense, covering, and he can still get into the backfield when called on it.  2007 Numbers (year just prior to injury): 110 TTs, 9 TFLs, 2.5 Sacks, 7 PDs, and also 6 INTs (2 for TDs), Oh-and led his squad in FFs as well.  Teams are worried, & others have gotten his limelight (NFL Teams=Short memories RE: Draftable players current skill year...Long memories RE: past dominant seasons prior to Draftable players's injury). 
    Next, we're Drafting our DE...NOW IF a potentially great and perfectly sized 3-4 DE slips down, we're movin' up with all those slections garnered (we'll either be lucky if someone slips, but IF not we can still grab a good, just not unbelievable 3-4 DE @ end of RD 1-DE/DTs Cameron Jordan, Jarvis Jenkins, Christian Ballard, Lawrence Guy-probably ALL available). 
    1st selection in Rd #2: Runningback...just the top 2 guys are gone; Yet no doubt, the best blend of speed and power RB WILL be there...Top 2-3 guys are gonna be @ 5'10 and abouts 220lbs at the very most=I don't want this for NE's zone-blocking, smaller O-Line Offense...Unless ya got yourself a superb heisman RB, or just a great RB with field vision/lengthy time in your system (which takes time), Ya need a bigger RB, who has the best coupling of size, strength, and speed when your zone-blocking (which very few teams do)-(Daniel Thomas, Roy Helu, Allen Bradford, Mikel Leshoure, ALL should be available...
    Finally We're securing EITHER the nation's say anywhere from #3-#5 Overall Ranked Offensive Guard @ end of Rd 2 (but probably a fantastic OG whom most standard man-man teams pass on due to size) but far more probable is getting the best Right Offensive Tackle still there (again, we can still get a nasty ROT, considering teams target first the great OT guys who can do it all (LOT spot), then 2 or 3 teams will nab someone whom they hope can man the Right OT spot, but with so many far, farrr more highly regarded positions, lmao-then Right O-Tackles (whoopee), and w/ just a few zone-blocking teams in League (Clint Boling, Josh Davis, probably Orlando Franklin, and maybe...just maybe sorta IF some NFL teams are scarred off weight & strength wise on Nate Solder...wow.  And if he's there at the 1/3-1/2 way mark of Rd #2...we movin' on up.
    ~Alright, so that's that...you other people can figure out how not to scr#w this hope, 'cause it seems 1 of my 2 errand boys is back with either my pharmaceuticals or standard street drugs, so I'll be in the bathroom; And obviously afterwards, I'm Superman so I'll be either hitting on girls in the gallery or simply picking fights with the jet's fans if all else fails... 
    I'm out people...Lazarus has left the building
    ."    

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Thanks Laz, believe me I read your draft stuff. it is not only well thought out, but has that sense of humor that only Polish people like."

LMAO, lol that last bit is funny stuff man...  Ya see, I got ZERO skills comin' up with decent 1-liner bits.  Can't do it, nota bit.  My key to humour comes by way of going entirely irrelevant.  I start off well.  I go into all things really with very good intentions...it's just well, somewhere in the process I do or say something off-course and off-target and then I simply go, "Scr#wed that up nice. Ahhh f#ck it, whole things blown now so I'll just head psycho here on out, whatever."  RE: BDC Posts?  Bam, On Target people, and I got some great views on this particular subject.  Goin' great, yessire!  Oops, momentary digression right then.  Ooo, I just typed momentary digression, as well.  Sh#t, wonder if Milton ever did that in the apple scene of Paradise Lost, that'd be funny IF the devil was tempting Eve, and Milton goes to his narrator, "Krist, ya f'd me pretty good with this blindness thing in later years god. Ya know, I'm doin' this for you man- you're a real hard-#ss, ya know?"  Then, then Milton goes, 'Please God tell me that ya didn't just scribe that into the narrative.'  God-dangit Laz...ya just typed all that stuff as well.  Scr#w it...I'm followin' this part into the abyss, he!! be d#mned. 
         Hopefully, I can do the same when I get judged at Heaven's Gate.  Ya know, come off with a couple'a quick good points then either just make'm laugh or simply bore him into letting me in with all the time he already wasted on me (also, there's the definition of my target audience right there)...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

You need to go to what the Pats major weakness is.  The offense is chugging along so it's a continued look at the defensive side of the ball.  Pass rush.  Now you have to look at where the pass rush originates.  Is it DE or OLB?  Both will be there with that Oakland pick.

Yep, Belichick would pass up on Green big time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think if BB had Akamura and Jenkins available at the same time he would take Jenkins every time.

He fits the profile. He is quicker than fast. He is fundamentally sound. A willing and effective run supporter. Humble. A leader. He plays with an edge and never takes plays off. 

He is also a Gator which helps.

The problem with getting front five help, and to most it seems like a slam dunk that NE goes front five with the Oakland pick, is that there may not be anything that fits what NE does there.

Unless Nick Fairley is hanging around none of the DT prospects are a good enough fit as a natural 34 end to use a top 15 selection on, and there are a couple intriguing DE/OLB converts there, but no one that makes me think NE will change its approach to drafting OLBs.

I could see NE trading the Raider pick back unless there is a bargain hanging around. They could easily pick up more selections for next season then too and still get their "guy."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I think if BB had Akamura and Jenkins available at the same time he would take Jenkins every time. He fits the profile. He is quicker than fast. He is fundamentally sound. A willing and effective run supporter. Humble. A leader. He plays with an edge and never takes plays off.  He is also a Gator which helps. The problem with getting front five help, and to most it seems like a slam dunk that NE goes front five with the Oakland pick, is that there may not be anything that fits what NE does there. Unless Nick Fairley is hanging around none of the DT prospects are a good enough fit as a natural 34 end to use a top 15 selection on, and there are a couple intriguing DE/OLB converts there, but no one that makes me think NE will change its approach to drafting OLBs. I could see NE trading the Raider pick back unless there is a bargain hanging around. They could easily pick up more selections for next season then too and still get their "guy."
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Belichick's M.O., especially if that team projects to do poorly the next season.  Then they'd get a better pick with an even higher likelihood of slotted rookie salaries, which might not be instituted in time for the draft this year.

I don't see the Patriots paying a top pick top money when they can bankroll the Raiders' pick into next year for an even higher pick AND save money with a new slotted rookie salary system.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

I would love aj green. and under NO circumstances should we draft another cb. we have already invested a lot of picks in that position. Second Bodden will be back. Third butler and whilhite while not elite can do a decent job. Butler still has a TON of potential.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Oakland has 6 wins with 3 games left. They win at least against Denver and have a shot again KC. I don't know if it's likely they have a top 8 pick. 
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

i think oak has a good shot to be Indy at home too

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

BPA

Its hard to sometimes guess the Pats picks because with different players we think they are almost perfect for this team for example Clay Matthews, Dez Bryant, Dunlap etc.... 

Its really hard to guess their picks at times until well after their draft is done to see what they were trying to accomplish as Bill is a master secret keeper. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]This is my mock draft for the Patriots first two days: Oakland first round pick (10-20 range): Robert Quinn Patriots first round pick (28-32): Traded for DeAngelo Williams Carolina's second round pick (33-36 range): Jake Locker Patriots second round pick (60-64 range): Stefen Wisniewski Vikings third round pick (70-76 range): Mark Herzlich 

I like your picks (especially Quinn), but not the trade. First rounder for a RB with mileage and injury issues, no way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

NOPE, don't see it...I do see him taking Prince if he's there though..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

If he's a team first guy then Belichick may take a shot with him.

Sections
Shortcuts