If Andre Johnson wants out of Houston.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

If Andre Johnson wants out of Houston.....

Then he needs to help facilitate the deal.

He has 3 years/43 Million left on his contract, not tradable.

Houston would take a 7-9 Million CAP hit if they trade him, not happening.

So Andre, needs to tell his Agent, re-work my Houston deal so it allows Houston to move me without hurting them CAP wise. I'll agree to this only if dealt to one of a,b and c contending teams. I'll work on a new deal with my new team for the 2015 season and beyond.

So he has a choice, money or a shot at a SB.

If he doesn't do the above he must either report to camp like a good Soldier or retire.

If he does the above he could certainly be traded to a contender and at that point he and the Pats would fit like a glove.

He is sitting out OTA's but the ball is actually in his court to work with Houston or he otherwise has zero options.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: If Andre Johnson wants out of Houston.....

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Then he needs to help facilitate the deal.

He has 3 years/43 Million left on his contract, not tradable.

Houston would take a 7-9 Million CAP hit if they trade him, not happening.

So Andre, needs to tell his Agent, re-work my Houston deal so it allows Houston to move me without hurting them CAP wise. I'll agree to this only if dealt to one of a,b and c contending teams. I'll work on a new deal with my new team for the 2015 season and beyond.

So he has a choice, money or a shot at a SB.

If he doesn't do the above he must either report to camp like a good Soldier or retire.

If he does the above he could certainly be traded to a contender and at that point he and the Pats would fit like a glove.

He is sitting out OTA's but the ball is actually in his court to work with Houston or he otherwise has zero options.

the guy will be 33 years old once the season starts. he was highly productive last year, and would be this year. but that's a lot of $$$ owed a guy 33 years old

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It makes sense, if the guy really wants out and wants to win, the ball is in his court. You can't just say "trade me" when you are scheduled to make 43 million over the next three years, at 33 years old. How would this work out for both teams involved at this point, constituted as it stands right now? The team trading for him would have to give up a second round pick and then pay him with the hopes he would be worth evey penny on his deal (and what they gave up for him), knowing he would have to learn an offense this late in all of this. As for Houston they would be heading into training camp - and most likely their season - without their best receiver...kiss year number one goodbye for that new coaching staff. 

Things would have to change.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

We will see what happens.  It is really all up to Johnson, hopefully O'brien will be nice and trade him to us with a restructured contract in exchange for a pick and mallett.  we will see during preseasontraining camp.

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I don't see Johnson coming to the Pats for a number of reasons.  Current contract is beyond ridiculous, asking price (player, picks?) may very well be prohibitive, will take reps away from Dobson who the Pats see as their developing deep threat, probably put a significant ding in Pats cap space (currently $7.7 mil according to OTC).  I just don't see it. 

Accordingly, we'll probably see Johnson reporting to Pats when training camp starts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

He's very definitely tradeable as is. Houston doesn't need to restructure anything to trade him. They SAVE close to $4 mil on their cap if they trade or release him, and they can actually save even more now (because it's June 1). Whether a new team wants to pay him is that team's problem.  Someone will absorb that cap hit if they want him enough.

But, they're a contender in that division and he's still their best player on offense. He caught 109 passes for 1,400 yards last year, they're going to get rid of him with nobody to replace him? And so what about cap space at this point, there's nobody to spend it on.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I don't think HOU is a SB contender, but the only even average team in their division is Indy. They can contend in that division, for sure. There's no reason to do anything with Johnson, unless someone makes them a stupid offer. Cap space is irrelevant at this point. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Retire then un-retire!  Lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

This would be a great trade and a win win for both teams-Pats give Mallet and a 3rd-AJ reworks his contract becomes a Pat and Brady goes to his 6th,(still have to pinch myself), Superbowl and wins his 4th cementing him as the best QB EVA!( Sorry Joe)!!!

Sections
Shortcuts