If BB is looking to tarde for a WR, get the best one

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

If BB is looking to tarde for a WR, get the best one

Larry Fitzgerald

give em mankins and carolina's #2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: If BB is looking to tarde for a WR, get the best one

You know this idea came to me as well. but it would take much more than that.

Mankins, Raiders 1st, Patriots 2nd, and Patriots 4th.

Fitz is all they have down there, but id pull for this trade.

Who wouldn't feel comfortable paying a high price to get Fitz and paying a huge deal? better question, is there another WR u would think of doing this for? NOPE.

This would be Legendary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I completely agree. This is my dream scenario as well. I'm curious to know why Arizona isn't at least considering this. They're clearly not contending anytime soon and Fitzgerald is just going to rot away and get nailed because QBs like Leinhart are going to hang him out to dry. I see a Kevin Garnett type situation for him where he's going to be too nice/too patient until it's almost too late.

He has to first waive his no-trade clause too I believe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: If BB is looking to tarde for a WR, get the best one:
    Mankins, Raiders 1st, Patriots 2nd, and Patriots 4th.
    Posted by btownteamsrking

wow, that is alot

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I completely agree. This is my dream scenario as well. I'm curious to know why Arizona isn't at least considering this. They're clearly not contending anytime soon and Fitzgerald is just going to rot away and get nailed because QBs like Leinhart are going to hang him out to dry. I see a Kevin Garnett type situation for him where he's going to be too nice/too patient until it's almost too late. He has to first waive his no-trade clause too I believe.
    Posted by apdynasty23

ok, so can you call BB in the morning and let him know the fans want FitzLaughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Btown, no way bro. That's way too much for Fitzgerald. We have leverage, they don't. They have a superstar receiver on their roster and nobody to throw him the ball. They need infusion of youth and the only way to do that is through the draft for which we have a ton of chips.

Mankins and a #1 is the best I'd do, which is a steal for them actually. They can draft someone as a foundation for them (QB, for instance).

A deal like this could still be done on draft day next year. Imagine the Patriots picking with Oakland's pick and Arizona's prized QB prospect is sitting there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: If BB is looking to tarde for a WR, get the best one : ok, so can you call BB in the mroning and let him know the fans was Fitz
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Yeah right, haha. He was asked today if Brady had any say in the Moss deal. He responded with the death stare, thought about what he was going to say and then goes, "Tom....is a player."

I was like oh sh!t.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

If we are so desperate for a WR, why didn't we keep Moss.

Lets here the idiots on this thread defend that one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

That trade idea is awful.  Our Offense is set and we don't need to give up 3 rock solid picks and a player for another shiny hood ornament.

You'll see, that Carolina pick will end up being a 1st rounder in 2012.  Remember, there's a full 24 hours in between round 1 and 2 and every single team will want to pick @ 33.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to If BB is looking to tarde for a WR, get the best one:
    Larry Fitzgerald give em mankins and carolina's #2
    Posted by kansaspatriot

I'd love to have him but I think BB may be shopping in the Bargain Basement.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The price for Fitzgerald needs to come way down. The Patriots defense says this   is not a super bowl year.  Why would we make such a desperate move.  We are a 10 and 6 team this year.

BB knows what chances to take here.  If Moss can go for a third pick then some of these other options will come cheap as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

When does Plaxico Burress get out?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Fitz and Johnson are the only two WRs I would trade for and to get them would cost the Patriots an arm, a leg and Patriots place. We're not trading for anyone. What you see is what you'll get for the rest of the year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

I totally hope that this was a joke...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

If BB is looking for a tard, he should just scan this board for the pink hat whiny fan that thinks the Pats need to win a title every year so they can be comfortable with their life.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Mankins for Fitz maybe. Nothing else. We have a very young group of players. We should build for the next run, not trade away for the offchance of being better this year (and since Fitz missed all of the time with us he wouldn't know the schemes we run for 4 games or more...).

We have a bunch of players who either are starting to emerge (Chung, Tate, Gronk, Edelman, Hernandez, McCourty, Cunningham, Spikes, Mayo, and Brace), and a bunch more that I think will start to emerge very soon (even Butler won't be bad forever - he's just on a down streak).

This core group will be dominant for years to come. What will help more? Grabbing 2 1st rounders (OLB/DE maybe?), 2 2nd rounders (RB/WR), 2 3rd rounders (OL/DL), and 2 4th rounders (OLB/DE/WR/OL/DL), or trading all of that away for 1 player???

Again, a case where I'm glad that BB runs this team and not some of those who are out there - you'd be the Al Davis of New England if we let you...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

You know this idea came to me as well. but it would take much more than that. Mankins, Raiders 1st, Patriots 2nd, and Patriots 4th. Fitz is all they have down there, but id pull for this trade. Who wouldn't feel comfortable paying a high price to get Fitz and paying a huge deal? better question, is there another WR u would think of doing this for? NOPE. This would be Legendary.
    Posted by btownteamsrking

I would love if Fitz came here, but no way in hell I'm giving Mankins, a 1st, 2nd and 4th for him. He is not worth nearly that much. 

I would do Mankins and a 3rd round pick for Fitzgerald. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hingen. Show hingen's posts

I think Fitz worth 2 firsts picks.  Mankins is tagged at 1st and a 3rd.  If we trade Mankins for Fitz then it should be like this

Mankins + Patriots 1st = Fitz + arizona 3rd.

Since we'll probably finish with better record than Arizona so their pick has better value then ours, to sweeten the deal will probably tak Fitz + arizona 4th.
    Done

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

BB isn't giving up a high draft pick for a flashy wide receiver ever, let alone the middle of the season.  We have no idea if any of these guys are smart enough or disciplined enough to play in our complicated and demanding offense.  We might give up a later pick for a guy like Branch or bring in another Gaffney, but that is it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Btown, no way bro. That's way too much for Fitzgerald. We have leverage, they don't. They have a superstar receiver on their roster and nobody to throw him the ball. They need infusion of youth and the only way to do that is through the draft for which we have a ton of chips. Mankins and a #1 is the best I'd do, which is a steal for them actually. They can draft someone as a foundation for them (QB, for instance). A deal like this could still be done on draft day next year. Imagine the Patriots picking with Oakland's pick and Arizona's prized QB prospect is sitting there.
    Posted by apdynasty23

I know its a very high price, but they have to keep someone that fans will buy tickets to see. They have no reason to give him up to us so they need to be overwhlemed.

I want to kill this idea of a star receiver is a shiny ornament. A WR with a bad attitude is ornament u dont want. but a guy like Fitz , who as far as i know does not cuase any problems, would be amazing to have and he is so young that he will be here a long time. The trade will pay for itself. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DJ714. Show DJ714's posts

Plaxico Burress gets out June 2011. So right before next season he'll be out. But I'm pretty sure a lot of teams are looking to sign him as soon as he gets out. PHilly, Giants, Cinci.... He would be perfect for the Patriots tho, But I doubt BB will pursue him.

When does Plaxico Burress get out?
    Posted by Sam-Adams

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cryochiller. Show cryochiller's posts

BB acts like a tarde in every press conferance already... to date it hasn't been enough to get us a good receiver.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

We should keep most of our picks but I have no problem with us trading some of them and getting some good talent at WR.   If the Pats lay an egg for the rest of the year and they trade down all their picks to get value then id have to say the days of getting proven top notch players is a thing of the past for In Bill we trust :/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbdev1234. Show nbdev1234's posts

Rather have Beanie Wells....Fitz is great, but they would want too much.  Maybe a 3rd rounder for Wells, or even Mankins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

Just heard on ESPN radio that the Patriots were in talks with SanDiego for Jackson. Stay tunned...

Sections
Shortcuts