If Big Changes Are Not Made, WE may not Make the playoffs

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: If Big Changes Are Not Made, WE may not Make the playoffs

Do we really have all that much talent on offense?

Lloyd is NEVER open. Gronk is a shadow of last season's Gronk. Hernandez has been sub par due to injuries. Wes is good but has had the dropsies a bit since the SB. Branch is collecting a BB welfare check. Edelman is nothing more than a warm body. The RBs have looked good in 3 games and terrible in 4. The line is a shamble.

Add in one of the worst defenses in the league and you have an ugly scenario.

If not for Brady we might well be winless at this point.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Sorry guys but this Brady 2 Lloyd thing just isn't happening. Someone on here mentioned and I agree we need to trade him, cut him, something. He just isn't matching well with Tom.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Do we really have all that much talent on offense?

Lloyd is NEVER open. Gronk is a shadow of last season's Gronk. Hernandez has been sub par due to injuries. Wes is good but has had the dropsies a bit since the SB. Branch is collecting a BB welfare check. Edelman is nothing more than a warm body. The RBs have looked good in 3 games and terrible in 4. The line is a shamble.

Add in one of the worst defenses in the league and you have an ugly scenario.

If not for Brady we might well be winless at this point.

why is gronkowski not as good so far this year? altho it would be hard to duplicate last seasons numbers

Maybe it's the ankle surgery. Maybe it's the early contract renewal. Last year he seemed uncoverable. This year simply good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to WelkerRules' comment:

Sorry guys but this Brady 2 Lloyd thing just isn't happening. Someone on here mentioned and I agree we need to trade him, cut him, something. He just isn't matching well with Tom.

He is never open. Every time he gets thrown to the defender is close enough to french kiss him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Lloyd stunk today but he has allready contributed way more than Ocho Cinco did.  I'm fine with him as long as he doesn't replace Welker or Gronk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

How can you say bad things about Gronk today. That Td catch was amazing, it was certainly a better catch than it was a pass.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

what would this team look like with a victor cruz like wr/

too bad bb cannot draft wr (even undrafted) and hes the only one in charge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

Wide reciever is the least of the Pat's issues right now. With the 2 TE's playing again Lloyd and Welker are fine, though Lloyd was awful today. The Pats could easily make the playoffs with the way they are playing. Other than Houston the AFC is a massive stinkfest right now (the Pats are sure doing their part in making it one). Heck if Houston has a bad game in the playoffs (think Denver getting upset by Jacksonville like in 1996) the Pats could find themselves back in the super bowl. If the Pats keep it up they unfortunately could also go 8-8 and not make the playoffs at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Wide reciever is the least of the Pat's issues right now. With the 2 TE's playing again Lloyd and Welker are fine, though Lloyd was awful today. The Pats could easily make the playoffs with the way they are playing. Other than Houston the AFC is a massive stinkfest right now (the Pats are sure doing their part in making it one). Heck if Houston has a bad game in the playoffs (think Denver getting upset by Jacksonville like in 1996) the Pats could find themselves back in the super bowl. If the Pats keep it up they unfortunately could also go 8-8 and not make the playoffs at all.

actually you are right. coaching is, but i wasnt speakign to that just now. wiht a threat like that it makes the whole offense harder to defend. 

your last sentence is exactly the point.

ive said in a few places, we have top 3 talent with below average coaching.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

actually you are right. coaching is, but i wasnt speakign to that just now. wiht a threat like that it makes the whole offense harder to defend. 

The defense is awful right now. I'm not smart enough to know why and i'll admit that. Belichek's track record in coaching defenses makes me think he knows what he's doing but they have stunk against the pass for 4 years despite drafting a plethora of DBs recently. They do not get a consistent pass rush but I did feel like they got to Sanchez or close to Sanchez quite a few times today (I recall a late play where Mayo blitzed an just whiffed badly or so it seemed). i understand that pass defense is pressure up front and coverage in the back but i do not know where they are worse. If Belichek does not blitz it's probably because he knows he needs at least 7 in pass defense for a reason (like I said his track record makes me think he knows good defense).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

first time i've ever heard bellichick called below average

the job the staff is doing as a whole (probably the biggest influence teh offensive playcalling, game management, but includes the de approach, the choices of who we put on the field, techniques taught, db selections etc, and yes i stand by it).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

The defense is awful right now. I'm not smart enough to know why and i'll admit that. Belichek's track record in coaching defenses makes me think he knows what he's doing but they have stunk against the pass for 4 years despite drafting a plethora of DBs recently. They do not get a consistent pass rush but I did feel like they got to Sanchez or close to Sanchez quite a few times today (I recall a late play where Mayo blitzed an just whiffed badly or so it seemed). i understand that pass defense is pressure up front and coverage in the back but i do not know where they are worse. If Belichek does not blitz it's probably because he knows he needs at least 7 in pass defense for a reason (like I said his track record makes me think he knows good defense).

all reasonable thoughts, but the benefit of teh doubt doesnt get it wehn we are setting league records for the amount of 20 yard passes giving up (projected al time record at teh rate we were at going in). we had teh league lead going in and were outdone 5 to 1 in 20 yarders at one point late in the game against mark sanchez and teh jets. 

re blitz, bb does not like to, but our dbs get beat either way, so blitzing gives us a chance, and as you saw in this game pehaps bb is realizing it. 

Sections
Shortcuts