IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?

I can see a number of reasons why BB would be willing to trade for Tebow, maybe not as a QB, but at least as a TE/HB hybrid or something. McDaniels drafted him, BB and Brady are pretty high on him. If the asking price wasn't too steep I could see us going for him.

I was wondering what people thought the compensation would have to be for us to trade for Tebow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?

A bag of footballs?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Handfull of Dryer Lint

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Depends if he is dead set on being a QB then no thank you. Jax or Mia can get him to boast ticket sales. Actually Mia would be a good spot for him. They get a "orange" carpet player to attract celebrities (because Ross is a star bleeper) and Tebow gets tons of media and a large platform to promote the virtues of his religion

However, if he'd be willing to convert (had a little chuckle at that one) to be a H-Back (think Hern. It's a hybrid of TE and RB) then I'd give up Hoyer and a 4th for him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

how about all of that plus a bag of skittles :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I would venure to guess that a team like Jax would go as high as a 2nd rd pick for Tebow because he would probably generate sell outs in a stadium that has not been selling out for years now. Obviously, this is too high. I do feel the market will be thin for him because I feel most teams that are in need of a QB, see him as a gimmick or project option.

It really depends how dumb a team is to think he is a legit QB in their future plans.

I am not a believer in Tebow. He has all the off field things you want, but his technical skills are all wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I sincerely hope there is noone on this forum who believes that Tim Tebow would fetch a 2nd rounder in a trade to NE with a career passer rating of 72.9, 0 playoff wins, and 46% completion rate.  And this is all made moot by the lack of role he'd have on this roster, when you put him on the field someone else is coming off....so you take Hernandez or Gronk off to put him at TE?  Really?  Take Tom Brady off to put him at QB?  There's no fit for him that I see on the 53, and though it's not all his fault, everything he does is accompanied by a media circus.  Can't imagine BB is interested in bringing all that noise to town.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I can't believe anybody would want that circus to come to town. Remember when Patriots kicked the broncos butt and all cameras were on Tebow--one on Brady.  You people really want that to happen--it would disgust me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?:
    [QUOTE]I can't believe anybody would want that circus to come to town. Remember when Patriots kicked the broncos butt and all cameras were on Tebow--one on Brady.  You people really want that to happen--it would disgust me.
    Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]

Nope!  Don't want him in NE.  Actually hope he goes to the CFL.  Been sick of hearing about him for 6 months now.  Ugh!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I sincerely hope there is noone on this forum who believes that Tim Tebow would fetch a 2nd rounder in a trade to NE with a career passer rating of 72.9, 0 playoff wins, and 46% completion rate.  And this is all made moot by the lack of role he'd have on this roster, when you put him on the field someone else is coming off....so you take Hernandez or Gronk off to put him at TE?  Really?  Take Tom Brady off to put him at QB?  There's no fit for him that I see on the 53, and though it's not all his fault, everything he does is accompanied by a media circus.  Can't imagine BB is interested in bringing all that noise to town.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

I think the thought of him as an additional H-Back is more insurance for Hern then anything else. I mean Hern has missed times in both seasons now because of injury. Think of it more as Tebow keeping Hern fresh throughout the season and if something should happen that Tebow could step in and fill the H-Back role (something BB was rumored to be thinking about using him as). But, I doubt he'd come in and take a starting job from Hern or Gronk, that is comical to think. I'd picture it as adding tremendous depth and another weapon teams need to plan around.

BTW, even picturing Tebow as a QB makes me laugh

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You mean how much would Denver have to pay us to take him?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

only if he can play fullback..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

news said they could ask for as low as a 5th.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]news said they could ask for as low as a 5th.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Oh, darn it!  Pats don't have a 5th.  Too bad....  LOL NOT

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Ain't gonna happen...  why take a step backwards in a QB?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take? : Oh, darn it!  Pats don't have a 5th.  Too bad....  LOL NOT
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

You mean it's not the Broncos offering a fifth to take Tebow off their hands?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

If they want to sit him on the bench as the 4th string QB I wouldn't have a problem with it. But there is no way I would give up a draft pick for him.

Even in the last round you can find Hall of Fame players. Not often, but it does happen. With Tebow we already know he doesn't belong in the NFL as a QB. Why not take a chance with a pick instead of throwing it away?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

I would only think it's a good idea if Tebow was going to be used as a TE, or FB or something along those lines.

That being said, if the news report of a 5th is true, I could absolutely see BB thinking long and hard about this. Yes we don't own a 5th, but I'm pretty sure we will by the end of day 1 of the draft.

Tebow for a 5th? The guy is a horrible QB, but is he potentially better than most of the backup QB's in the league? I'd think so. Is he athletic and a potential weapon as a RB, FB, TE, etc? Very possibly. He11 the kid weighs near 250 pounds and is pretty fast...

One last note - if he wasn't QB I think the circus goes away. No one in their right minds are going to say bench Tom in favor of Tebow, so there's not going to be any kind of controversy here. In addition, Tebow would not have the mike in his face if he was any other position on the field other than QB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

a 5th rounder sounds about right for the 25th pick taken in the 1st round that year.
    Question is...he's still playing out his rookie contract. What would hte Pats be on the hook for salary/comp wise even if we used a 5th on him?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take? : You mean it's not the Broncos offering a fifth to take Tebow off their hands?
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Well if that were the case, I'd think about it.  He could always be one of the 8 game day inactives, I guess.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

So Tebow gets on the field, who sits?

Brady?
    Gronk?
    Hernandez?
    Lloyd?
    Welker?

Tebow coming here would not only be a 3-ring Circus he would get on the field at the expense of better talent.

This is what Tebow needs, a place to start where people would realize he suxs and would get cut and hopefully end this Tebow stupidity.

Just sayin'

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe unfairly, but Tebow's very public religiousity makes him a distraction--and also makes him hard to manage as a player since fans get very polarized about him and many will get incensed if you bench him or get rid of him.  I think Elway pushed so hard for Manning in part because he saw it as the only safe way out of the Tebow mess.  Because Tebow has such fervant devotees, he's hard to get rid of when his performance isn't up to par, and therefore the only way Elway could rid himself of Tebow without also alienating large portions of his fanbase was to replace Tebow with a Hall of Fame QB.  Anyone who takes Tebow is tying his own hands in the same way Elway"s hands were tied . . . and bringing on a problem similar to Denver's where you have a QB who isn't very good but who has absurdly passionate fan support and who you can't get rid of without doing something extraordinary like hiring Manning.  Just a bad situation for any GM.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

At least a number 1 pick. There is no better QB on the market better suited to run a Josh Mcdaniels passing offense. He's the perfect successor to Brady. No brainer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Tebow gets on the field in 1) a 3 TE set, 2) instead of the RB, 3) a set where we want a FB.

I don't think he'd be a successor to Brady. I do think that we would be more tempted to trade Hoyer if we weren't already.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take? : Nope!  Don't want him in NE.  Actually hope he goes to the CFL.  Been sick of hearing about him for 6 months now.  Ugh!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Tebow is a perfect CFL QB.  He'd be another Doug Flutie up here.  And since there aren't as many religious freaks up here, his religion would mostly be ignored and wouldn't become the distraction it was south of the border . . .