IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?

I heard Jim Miller on Sirius say - Don't be surprised if Tebow ends up on the N.E Patriots. BB likes to collect "football players" he would find a use for Tebow.

Now McD is in N.E and BB is on the record as saying Tebow is intriguing.

I don't know how it would work but I wouldn't rule it out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i like tebow as a person. i don't want him to be a patriot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Elway is desperate to get Tebow out of his way. He wants to build a team how he wants to build one. That doesn't include Tim Tebow. Elway would give him away. I say Miami or Jax lowball and make that 5th round offer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

BB has gone on record in past saying he "saw something he liked" in Tebow.  I can see Tebow coming to NE to be mentored by TB and BB - kind of like Rodgers shadowed Favre until Favre retired (the 1st time).  Everybody in here was doing a lot of posting on the hypothetical question thread yesterday about "who would you keep..TB or BB..." and so many ppl talked about BB could "make" a player, etc.,,,so don't know why you think he couldn't make big improvement with Tebow...Think it would be really interesting...but for now, its still just a rumor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Why would the Patriots want to take such a salary hit?  Do the Patriots really want to trade/release Hoyer or Mallet to open up a roster spot for a situational QB?

(Denver Post)

Tebow's contract trade favorable: $1,572,500 this year $490K guar); $5.48 million in 2013 ($232,500 gua); $7.145 mil in 2014 (No guarantee)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Along with the fair, but somewhat steep, theoretical pricetags already offered above of the the "bag of footballs" or (not "and") "A handful of dryer lint," I'd like forward a form of compensation on a similiar but different vein, sent NE's way included WITH Tebow, of some kinda: Blind & Unholy fanaticism sent directly to each & every NE's Fans' brain(s), A transcendent salvation based upon what acquiring someone with Tebow's divine-like playing power and team prescence would unconditionally bring to our lowly losing franchise.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?:
    [QUOTE]only if he can play fullback..
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

...Bone jarring fullback, Or be a star TE, Or even a #1 halfback.  Yup, lots'a things Tim Tebow can be an ALL-Pro at (and if not ever in reality, then at least in the eyes of his parishioners).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I think McDaniels will have some input into this discussion. The question is "what kind of value will he add"? Right now, we have 2 presumably decent back-ups. I think NE could be open if he really adds something they don't have.

Trade value: a 2013 Fifth rounder sounds about right.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take? : i can understand the tebow bashing as a qb but not as an athlete or football player. he is big, strong, can run and he has the heart and determination combined with the willingness to learn. if he is used correctly he can be a plus, even a weapon, for any offense
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I just don't see the point.  We don't need tricks, we need players who can do their job.  Let him go to the Jaguars, they will win a few more, everyone will be very excited, etc.  It's just the best thing for everyone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I think we forget that NFL Football is 1st and foremost...

ENTERTAINMENT .

Wherever he plays in 2012 - us fans will be better for it.

That siad -I think Tebow + Pats has about a .0007 chance of happening.

( draft pick expenditure / contract #'s / roster need all being prohibitive )

I'm in the minority here .

Personally - I'd love to see what BB/ Mc D could come up with in regards to Tebow taking his talents to Foxboro.

IMO - he's one of the most gifted Football players I've ever seen play the game.
    (obviously not at the Qb position )

Runningback ?

Tight End ?

Wide out ?

Special teamer ?

Outside Linebacker ?

All of the Above ?

If BB thinks he could utilize him to win more games...I wouldn't doubt him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take? :
    Posted by FLACFAN[/QUOTE]

BB and Tebow could revolutionize the NFL.  He could be the ultimate hybrid back with a threat to run or pass.  Line him up where either he or Tom can take the short gun hike.  Tebow is a bonified running back; big and powerful.  Teach him to block and swing him out as another passing threat.

He would be more valuable than any regular back.  He would open tons of options that other defenses would have to account for.  I think this would be a move that would solidify BB as a creative genius.

Would love to see TT take a swing pass and then pass to an open Lloyd deep.
    Fun to imagine.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I'd give them 5  undrafted free agents to keep him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

If TT could be humble enough to sit in the # 2 slot and wasn't looking for a huge payday it could work. Don't think it will happen though. One of those freaky transactions that we never act on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take? : BB and Tebow could revolutionize the NFL.  He could be the ultimate hybrid back with a threat to run or pass.  Line him up where either he or Tom can take the short gun hike.  Tebow is a bonified running back; big and powerful.  Teach him to block and swing him out as another passing threat. He would be more valuable than any regular back.  He would open tons of options that other defenses would have to account for.  I think this would be a move that would solidify BB as a creative genius. Would love to see TT take a swing pass and then pass to an open Lloyd deep. Fun to imagine.  
    Posted by FLACFAN[/QUOTE]

I was saying the same thing to my coworkers yesterday.  Imagine Brady and Tebow lining up in shotgun.  The defense would have no clue who is going to take the snap.  From there if the snap goes to Brady it's obviously a pass but if it goes to Tebow the majority of plays would be a run however there is always that option of throwing.  This would throw a defense into chaos. 

I think more people should think outside the box.  We never imagined seeing Aaron Hernandez lining up as a running back and taking handoffs. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take? : I was saying the same thing to my coworkers yesterday.  Imagine Brady and Tebow lining up in shotgun.  The defense would have no clue who is going to take the snap.  From there if the snap goes to Brady it's obviously a pass but if it goes to Tebow the majority of plays would be a run however there is always that option of throwing.  This would throw a defense into chaos.  I think more people should think outside the box.  We never imagined seeing Aaron Hernandez lining up as a running back and taking handoffs. 
    Posted by PatsNut5480[/QUOTE]

Fun to imagine and not so outside the box.  What a nightmare for defensive coordinators this would be.   I'm sure someone on this board can figure out the additional options this would pose for the defense.

If BB instituted this he will retire an offensive genius as well as a defensive one.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

RE : TT Salary

The prior info noted in this blog appears to be incomplete.

Tebows contract actually is VERY team friendly - If he doesnt play Qb

In 2012, his contract is for $1.1 million .

In 2013 he'll earn $1.055 million

In 2014  he'll earn $895,000.

If Tebow takes roughly 40 percent of the snaps in 2012, he would make an additional $11.25 million in combined salaries in 2013 and 2014.

But only $490,000 in 2012 and $232,500 in 2013 salaries are guaranteed.

I now believe there's at least a chance that BB brings him onboard...

Maybe 6% chance.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF (big if) Tebow was traded to NE what would it take? : I was saying the same thing to my coworkers yesterday.  Imagine Brady and Tebow lining up in shotgun.  The defense would have no clue who is going to take the snap.  From there if the snap goes to Brady it's obviously a pass but if it goes to Tebow the majority of plays would be a run however there is always that option of throwing.  This would throw a defense into chaos.  I think more people should think outside the box.  We never imagined seeing Aaron Hernandez lining up as a running back and taking handoffs.  Posted by PatsNut5480[/QUOTE] I think the same thing. In fact, Merrill Hodge was also saying it on ESPN tonight. If TT would be willing to play a "slash" role, he could be devastating. Him with the other threats in this offense? Fogetaboutit! A nightmare for D's. I personally would like to see it, it would make full use of his ACTUAL football skills. He's not a starting qb, but he could do damage in another role. And his salary is so low, it's almost a no brainer. If ANYONE could figure out a creative way to fit him in it's BB!