If Brady goes down we’re Doomed.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If Brady goes down we’re Doomed.

Mallet proved last night he isn’t a legitimate backup and Tebow showed why Ryan wouldn’t even let him get on the field last year.

I hope BB is making phone calls this morning in search of another QB to bring to camp.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: If Brady goes down we’re Doomed.

tcal, not to suggest that you're articulating prematurely or anything but one preseason game and it's time to give Mallet a one-way ticket to the landfill?  Was he really that bad????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Tcal I know doom and gloom is your natural state, but I don't think one preseason game definiltively proves anything.  Why don't we wait to see him play the remainder of preseason first?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Lets just enjoy and soak in the Brady train while it last. Once in a lifetime boys, this is the guy we will be telling out grandchildren about when they are raving about the current flavor of the month 10 years from now..:)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

lol

hmmm

Offense put up 10 points in approx 1 qtr of work in a pratice game with Mallet at the helm.

He had three different receivers drop easy catches to kill drives and it was his first game action in over how many monthes were someone was actually trying to potentially tackle him.

Not to mention the vast majority of all QB's that would enter a game "following" Brady will look significantly less capable, let alone a QB who has never had any starting experience in the NFL.

Yep let's cut him today even. Don't forget to lop off Mayo while your at it. ;-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thing is I'm making this assessment after 3 years of preseason games.  He's not a rookie.  Mallet has had 3 years in the system now to show something.  He should have easily had the advantage over the Eagles 2's last night and failed horribly.  Missing a wide open WR on what should have been a routine throw. Come on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Mallet proved last night he isn’t a legitimate backup and Tebow showed why Ryan wouldn’t even let him get on the field last year. I hope BB is making phone calls this morning in search of another QB to bring to camp.

RESPONSE: Completely disagree. It's too early to tell. I remember feeling as you do about Matt Cassell...but looked at how well he played in 2008. It's tough playing with a bunch of reserves...especially on the OL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Worst thread so far today.

Very similar to the doom and gloomers who would have burned cassel at the stake.

Good job T-cal

Ridley and Mayo aren't very good either.

Nink  and DMC sux too.

BB inherited his SB teams.

Does that cover it?

"Defense Wins Championships"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Mallet proved last night he isn’t a legitimate backup and Tebow showed why Ryan wouldn’t even let him get on the field last year.

I hope BB is making phone calls this morning in search of another QB to bring to camp.

How well did Cassell play in the preseason when TB went down???  Pretty bad, even worse than Mallet.  Then they went 11-5...  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Rules to maximize enjoyment in the present for a diehard fan:

1. I am going to focus on, and enjoy/savor, this and the next couple of seasons with Brady at the height of his skills and experience from an illustrious career.

2. I won't measure his back-ups against the Brady yardstick and settle for a mere mortal quarterback, one who needs everyone on offense to play their roles with greater precision and reliability.

3. I will hope for a gradual strengthening of defense to help keep the opposition off the field rather than the bend-but-not-break that we have been able to live with while we have a prolific scoring machine in Brady. Time horizon: 3 years.

4. I will also hope for a much stronger running game that takes an increasing burden off Brady this year and lengthens his career (and my enjoyment).

5. I will not give in to the reptilian part of my brain by dreaming up worst-case scenarios and then stressing out about them with flights of fancy. I will use my frontal lobe more often.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

no matter who the backup is though tcal, we are screwed, lets just hope this years team doesnt have to worry about backup qb!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Completely agree.  Mallett couldn't execute.  Tebow was unspeakably bad.  All we need is a vet who will do his job and execute the offense.  Instead lots of time & resources wasted putting in dumbed-down plays for Tebow.  And, as said, Mallett has had three years with no apparent progession.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

[QUOTE]

Mallet proved last night he isn’t a legitimate backup and Tebow showed why Ryan wouldn’t even let him get on the field last year. I hope BB is making phone calls this morning in search of another QB to bring to camp.

RESPONSE: Completely disagree. It's too early to tell. I remember feeling as you do about Matt Cassell...but looked at how well he played in 2008. It's tough playing with a bunch of reserves...especially on the OL.

[/QUOTE]

Good post TP, the only one that didn't purposely come on to make a juvenile attack (but that's what the Rusty's do).  After 3 years in the system I expected a better showing last night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

How well did Cassell play in the preseason when TB went down???  Pretty bad, even worse than Mallet.  Then they went 11-5...  

[/QUOTE]

Zebello has summed up very well, on numerous occasions, the reason behind the 11-5 record.  Plus I don't really recall Cassell's preseason play.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

no matter who the backup is though tcal, we are screwed, lets just hope this years team doesnt have to worry about backup qb!

Fingers crossed NOISE.  There was a shot last night, late in the game, of our O-lineman on the sidelines.  Those dudes are freaking HUGE.  Hopefully they keep Brady clean this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to expertmike's comment:

[QUOTE]

Completely agree.  Mallett couldn't execute.  Tebow was unspeakably bad.  All we need is a vet who will do his job and execute the offense.  Instead lots of time & resources wasted putting in dumbed-down plays for Tebow.  And, as said, Mallett has had three years with no apparent progession.

[/QUOTE]

Hey mike, I think signing an available vet would be great insurance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

[QUOTE]

Fingers crossed NOISE.  There was a shot last night, late in the game, of our O-lineman on the sidelines.  Those dudes are freaking HUGE.  Hopefully they keep Brady clean this year.

[/QUOTE]

well, we got the best O line coach in the business, a dept, i never worry about with this team as long as Dante S is here.    BB and other coaches are all thin behind their starter for the most part, the days of hosteller coming in for simms, or frank reich coming in for kelly, are over now for the most part.  who is mannings back up in denver?  what happens if manning goes down?  ya know...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"How can anyone judge a QB when he's playing with a mish mash of 2nd and 3rd stringers on the O Line?"

Yes Rust it's amazing how BB and his staff can judge/evaluate any of those 2nd and 3rd string players playing last night.  Considering the Preseason is one big evaluation. Come on man do you actually read what you write or are you just constantly bent on attacking other posters?

Mallet is in his 3rd year which means he should of had a great advantage over the scrubs the Eagles had out there.  There were no protection issues on the missed TD pass.  Just a Deer in head light moment a 3rd year Vet shouldn't have.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

tcal, not to suggest that you're articulating prematurely or anything but one preseason game and it's time to give Mallet a one-way ticket to the landfill?  Was he really that bad????

I expected better after 3 years in the system.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Tcal I know doom and gloom is your natural state, but I don't think one preseason game definiltively proves anything.  Why don't we wait to see him play the remainder of preseason first?

Fair enough but won't it be too late, come the end of preseason, to bring in another Vet.  Hell the Eagles had 4 QB's last night and we only had 2.  I don't see why we can't fill a roster spot with another QB (or just cut Tebow).

Call me a troll, Doomer or whatever but I'd like more insurance at the most important position on the field.  I think that's being practical.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Thing is I'm making this assessment after 3 years of preseason games.  He's not a rookie.  Mallet has had 3 years in the system now to show something.  He should have easily had the advantage over the Eagles 2's last night and failed horribly.  Missing a wide open WR on what should have been a routine throw. Come on.

Your assessment is predicated on inaccurate information....Mallett was taken in the 3rd rd in 2011....makeing that 2 YEARS in the system...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to part-timer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Your assessment is predicated on inaccurate information....Mallett was taken in the 3rd rd in 2011....makeing that 2 YEARS in the system...

[/QUOTE]

2011 + 2012 + 2013 = 3rd year

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough but won't it be too late, come the end of preseason, to bring in another Vet.  Hell the Eagles had 4 QB's last night and we only had 2.  I don't see why we can't fill a roster spot with another QB (or just cut Tebow).

Call me a troll, Doomer or whatever but I'd like more insurance at the most important position on the field.  I think that's being practical.

[/QUOTE]

Cutting Tebow souds like a great idea, bringing in another QB isn't bad idea either... who?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

RESPONSE: Let's say, for the sake of argument, that you're right about Mallett. What veteran would you recommend that BB bring in who would be appreciably better?  

RESPONSE: I'm one who strongly believes that a team should never stop developing at the QB  position. You may recall that I argued that the Pats could have, and should have, chosen a QB at #91, instead of Duron Harmon...who they most likely could have been had much later in the draft, or been signed as an undrafted free agent. 

Actually, I'm comfortable with Mallett and Tebow as back-ups. Do you think that the Pats QB situation would be in better shape, had they had instead selected a QB prospect like Matt Brakley, Ryan Nassib, or Tyler Wilson at #91? One of the reasons that the Pats didn't draft a QB is likely because they had planned to sign Tim Tebow, the minute that he was released by the Jets.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Cutting Tebow souds like a great idea, bringing in another QB isn't bad idea either... who?

[/QUOTE]

Great question. Leftwich seems to be the only guy available.  Looks like he's had a decent completion % over the years but had a lot of INT's the couple of years.  We know Tebow offers nothing so why not give Lefty a look?  That is if he's not coming off a major injury.

Sections
Shortcuts