If Brady goes down we’re Doomed.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Re: If Brady goes down we’re Doomed.

If Brady goes down we are doomed..yeah, so, what's new with this premise....it's been that way since the year they traded Bledsoe....Cassell's year, as we have seen, was a miracle from God...If Brady goes down, we have no one to win with this team available anywhere in the league.....so...just hope he makes it through the year in one piece.

NEXTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Wow, Hasselbeck with a sweet 50 yard bomb for a TD.  I wonder how heck he could possibly do that, you know,  playing with 2's and 3's.

So the Colts pick up Hasselbeck for insurance and we pickup Tebow......................WHY?  Oh value, he cost us nothing.  Too bad he brings nothing for that nothing.

Now if a real NFL caliber QB, like Hasselbeck, was on our sidelines I'd say were in good shape.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc2. Show croc2's posts

If either Manning, Brees, Rogers, Flacco or about half the other starting QBs go down their teams are screwed too.

I do agree Mallet was disappoiting Friday. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

If Brady goes down we are doomed..yeah, so, what's new with this premise....it's been that way since the year they traded Bledsoe....Cassell's year, as we have seen, was a miracle from God...If Brady goes down, we have no one to win with this team available anywhere in the league.....so...just hope he makes it through the year in one piece.

Cassel's year wasn't a miracle from god, unless you're referring to Belichick.  A QB can look like garbage for his entire career (Alex Smith) then a great coach (Harbaugh) comes along and the guy is among the league's best. 

Randy Moss on the Raiders is putrid; he comes to New England and breaks records.  A flower thrives in pure sunlight and dies in darkness...  hypothetically if Brady's career ended in 2008 with that knee injury and Cassel was the starter from that point forward, his career would have been drastically different and we would likely be here discussing how great this guy is and how amazing Belichick is for finding a QB who didn't start a single college game.

Would he be as amazing as Brady has been, probably not, but with a better team around him like we should have this year he could probably win a Super Bowl ring just like Brady should this year. 

We give QB's too much credit, coaching is everything in football.  You need great talent but a great coach finds great talent. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Mallet might be more Bledsoe than Brady, but it's way too early to make that declaration.  I don't think there's any free agent available worth a dam but Tebow most certainly is not that guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

Cassel's year wasn't a miracle from god, unless you're referring to Belichick.  A QB can look like garbage for his entire career (Alex Smith) then a great coach (Harbaugh) comes along and the guy is among the league's best. 

Randy Moss on the Raiders is putrid; he comes to New England and breaks records.  A flower thrives in pure sunlight and dies in darkness...  hypothetically if Brady's career ended in 2008 with that knee injury and Cassel was the starter from that point forward, his career would have been drastically different and we would likely be here discussing how great this guy is and how amazing Belichick is for finding a QB who didn't start a single college game.

Would he be as amazing as Brady has been, probably not, but with a better team around him like we should have this year he could probably win a Super Bowl ring just like Brady should this year. 

We give QB's too much credit, coaching is everything in football.  You need great talent but a great coach finds great talent

[/QUOTE]

Great post.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

Mallet proved last night he isn’t a legitimate backup and Tebow showed why Ryan wouldn’t even let him get on the field last year.

I hope BB is making phone calls this morning in search of another QB to bring to camp.

How well did Cassell play in the preseason when TB went down???  Pretty bad, even worse than Mallet.  Then they went 11-5...  

Zebello has summed up very well, on numerous occasions, the reason behind the 11-5 record.  Plus I don't really recall Cassell's preseason play.

They went 11-5 because BB is the greatest coach in NFL history and the best pro sports coach I've ever seen in my life.  THat's why we went 11-5 and I can say it one statement  vs using ZBellino Brady-defense induced commentary. lol

it never ends   

Undecided

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Let's be Objective posters--TCAL is spot on -- let's not fool ourselves if TB goes down there is NO WAY the Pats are winning a SB-and to prove it IF TB goes down I will spot Anyone on this post 30-1 odds against winning the SB!  So you bet me 100$ and If the Pats win without Brady I will pay you $3000 and if they don't you owe me $100-- no one here would take that bet so give Tcal some clout-BTW he's right!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

Let's be Objective posters--TCAL is spot on -- let's not fool ourselves if TB goes down there is NO WAY the Pats are winning a SB-and to prove it IF TB goes down I will spot Anyone on this post 30-1 odds against winning the SB!  So you bet me 100$ and If the Pats win without Brady I will pay you $3000 and if they don't you owe me $100-- no one here would take that bet so give Tcal some clout-BTW he's right!!!!

You don't know this to be true at all, you probably said the same thing in 2008, I'll take your bet for $100 as unlikely as it may be because Tom is surrounded by the best collection of blockers in the NFL.  If the unthinkable does happen, Mallet will be given a shot, Tebow will already be cut after camp anyhow and BB will bring in the best vet QB available to back him up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

[/QUOTE]

I expected better after 3 years in the system.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one as I feel the same...  Pats ranked #7 so I am kind of not expecting greatness this year...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

They are dead...D-E-A-D...in the water w/out Brady....there are NO #2 QB's anywhere in football that would lead them to the playoffs...sorry.....that's my story and I'm stickin' to it...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

We give QB's too much credit, coaching is everything in football.  You need great talent but a great coach finds great talent. 

[/QUOTE]

I love that you used that analogy for football players! 

I think on the next draft thread, we should ask Belichick:

Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
    How does your garden grow?
    With silver bells, and cockle shells,
    And pretty maids all in a row.

I guess the pretty maids all in a row would be the offensive line?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's really hard, I think, to project how Mallet would be if he played regularly.  He makes some very nice throws and I thought his decision making seemed quicker, more confident, and more sound in the last game.  At the same time, he misses on some passes and overpowers his throws far too frequently, which will result in interceptions, I think, if he passes a lot.   Some of this, however, could be nerves.  If he were in play after play, maybe he'd get more comfortable and the adrenaline would ease up a bit.  If that's the case, I think he could be a pretty decent QB.  If, however, he continues to overpower so many of his passes, I think his interception rate will be too high. 

Tebow just can't throw.  I don't see him as anything but a guy to hand-off to backs and run the option.  I don't see how he's a helpful third QB because of that.  I think it would be better to find some practice squad eligible young guy to be the scout team QB.  I tend to think a roster spot is wasted on Tebow unless BB has some plan to use him as a short yardage running QB, kind of like what they sometimes do in the CFL, where on obvious running downs, they sometimes insert a running QB.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

It's really hard, I think, to project how Mallet would be if he played regularly.  He makes some very nice throws and I thought his decision making seemed quicker, more confident, and more sound in the last game.  At the same time, he misses on some passes and overpowers his throws far too frequently, which will result in interceptions, I think, if he passes a lot.   Some of this, however, could be nerves.  If he were in play after play, maybe he'd get more comfortable and the adrenaline would ease up a bit.  If that's the case, I think he could be a pretty decent QB.  If, however, he continues to overpower so many of his passes, I think his interception rate will be too high. 

Tebow just can't throw.  I don't see him as anything but a guy to hand-off to backs and run the option.  I don't see how he's a helpful third QB because of that.  I think it would be better to find some practice squad eligible young guy to be the scout team QB.  I tend to think a roster spot is wasted on Tebow unless BB has some plan to use him as a short yardage running QB, kind of like what they sometimes do in the CFL, where on obvious running downs, they sometimes insert a running QB.  

The issue with that is that if you put Tebow behind center the opposition is going to bring the safeties up because they know they don't have to worry about anything longer than a five yard pass.

And just to put in my 2 cents about Mallet...his numbers were as good as Brady's were in the quarter he played.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Wow, Hasselbeck with a sweet 50 yard bomb for a TD.  I wonder how heck he could possibly do that, you know,  playing with 2's and 3's.

So the Colts pick up Hasselbeck for insurance and we pickup Tebow......................WHY?  Oh value, he cost us nothing.  Too bad he brings nothing for that nothing.

Now if a real NFL caliber QB, like Hasselbeck, was on our sidelines I'd say were in good shape.

[QUOTE]

OK, so you're saying if the Pats had signed Hasselbeck they'd be just fine if Brady went down? Because Hasselbeck is a proven SB champion and really, there'd be no drop off from Brady?

In "good shape" for what exactly? 7-9?

Please don't say the New England Patriots (or anybody else) are title contenders with Matt Hasselbeck.

I'd MUCH rather have Mallett. Hasselbeck is a has-been (a never-was in my view, but don't go by me...). Mallett may never be a championship caliber NFL QB, but he might. We really don't know. We know what Hasselbeck is (or was), and it aint all that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The issue with that is that if you put Tebow behind center the opposition is going to bring the safeties up because they know they don't have to worry about anything longer than a five yard pass.

And just to put in my 2 cents about Mallet...his numbers were as good as Brady's were in the quarter he played.

[/QUOTE]

and that point is worth about 2 cents

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

[QUOTE]

OK, so you're saying if the Pats had signed Hasselbeck they'd be just fine if Brady went down? Because Hasselbeck is a proven SB champion and really, there'd be no drop off from Brady?

In "good shape" for what exactly? 7-9?

Please don't say the New England Patriots (or anybody else) are title contenders with Matt Hasselbeck.

I'd MUCH rather have Mallett. Hasselbeck is a has-been (a never-was in my view, but don't go by me...). Mallett may never be a championship caliber NFL QB, but he might. We really don't know. We know what Hasselbeck is (or was), and it aint all that.

I guess we differ on this.  I believe BB and the Patriot organization could easily direct this team to the Super Bowl with Hasselbeck at the helm.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I guess we differ on this.  I believe BB and the Patriot organization could easily direct this team to the Super Bowl with Hasselbeck at the helm.

[/QUOTE]

Well, BB is good, but that would take divine intervention. Maybe TFB12 can conjure up BB in Pope gear... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Big deal. I am sure fans of respective teams feel the same way about

BAL w/o Flacco

DEN w/o Manning

ATL w/o Ryan

GBP w/o Rodgers

NYG w/o Manning

Even

WAS w/o RGIII

I can only think of a couple of teams who actually has decent enough backups that they could be competitive

SEA

IND

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

What team isn't "doomed" when their stating QB goes down? Of all the teams in the league, the Patriots always seem to "roll with the punches", best.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'm not a new age hippy type but the reason Brady took a shot today could very well have been this thread, all this negative energy is willing negative ish to happen. 

I'll need all you negative Nancies to do your best to channel nothing but peace, love and happiness this season.... try to send some Ras Dowling's way if you could.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

You don't know this to be true at all, you probably said the same thing in 2008, I'll take your bet for $100 as unlikely as it may be because Tom is surrounded by the best collection of blockers in the NFL.  If the unthinkable does happen, Mallet will be given a shot, Tebow will already be cut after camp anyhow and BB will bring in the best vet QB available to back him up.

First off Fuzzy - sorry Wuzzy-whatever! We did not win the SB in 2008 and I believe we tied the Jests and lost on a Tie breaker missing the Playoffs--and put your money where your'e mouth is if Brady goes out I will take your bet for $100 -- 30-1 that the the Pats do not win the SB without him!!!!

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

First off Fuzzy - sorry Wuzzy-whatever! We did not win the SB in 2008 and I believe we tied the Jests and lost on a Tie breaker missing the Playoffs--and put your money where your'e mouth is if Brady goes out I will take your bet for $100 -- 30-1 that the the Pats do not win the SB without him!!!!

We didn't have this team in 2008, we still went 11-5, had the number one offense in the entire NFL in 1st downs and scoring percentage, scored the 8th most points, 5th in yards and were 4th in rushing attempts, not surprisingly we were third in time of possession which tends to happen when you run.

You have a bet, though I hope that we don't have to see it happen.  I want to see Brady win two more before he retires.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

We didn't have this team in 2008, we still went 11-5, had the number one offense in the entire NFL in 1st downs and scoring percentage, scored the 8th most points, 5th in yards and were 4th in rushing attempts, not surprisingly we were third in time of possession which tends to happen when you run.

You have a bet, though I hope that we don't have to see it happen.  I want to see Brady win two more before he retires.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds good Wozzy enjoy the season--obviously a true pats fan--Go Pats! Sorry for the sarcasm and nastiness - wrong side of the brain working at the time--LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I'm not a new age hippy type but the reason Brady took a shot today could very well have been this thread, all this negative energy is willing negative ish to happen. 

I'll need all you negative Nancies to do your best to channel nothing but peace, love and happiness this season.... try to send some Ras Dowling's way if you could.

LOL. I thought the exact same thing. Too many threads about it floating around. It's eerie. 

Sections
Shortcuts