If Brandon Lloyd goes down then what?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: If Brandon Lloyd goes down then what?

If Brandon Lloyd goes down then Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Woodhead and Ridley will all disappear so they will have to rely on Matthew Slater oh the horror.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

If they use the running game, they won't need a deep threat.

you alwasy need an outside and or deep threat. otherwise the field becomes too small to defend.
    altough if you have an all pro back that can compensate

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to Salcon's comment:

If they use the running game, they won't need a deep threat.

you alwasy need an outside and or deep threat. otherwise the field becomes too small to defend.
    altough if you have an all pro back that can compensate

Your statements represent everything wrong with the philosophy of the Bill Obrien era offense. You don't "Need" a deep threat, to have a succesful pass offense and you don't "Need" an all pro RB to run the ball.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

More Welker / Gronk / AHern ! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Shotgun - spread - hurry up all game every game = 19-0.  Quick hitters to Wes, YacMan and GRONK.  Throw in some delayed handoffs to Ridley for big chuncks at a time.  Were set boys.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

More Big plays are because of mistackles in the NFL, than an old fashion throw Deep Bomb.
    5 yards completed to a 255 lb TE, to a 200 lb Safety or 250 lb Linebacker, 1 mistackle and easily goes for 20 yards. Much more safe, and the mismatch is there for the Offensive Player.

Agree 100%

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

Nice to see Mt Hulr finally admit his love for Brady and create a new board name. Bout time!

How does it feel coming out, Hurlie?  We're happy for you.  Really. Now, maybe you won't be such a bother to the board.  Congrats!

Hahaha! Kudos.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

Nice to see Mt Hulr finally admit his love for Brady and create a new board name. Bout time!

How does it feel coming out, Hurlie?  We're happy for you.  Really. Now, maybe you won't be such a bother to the board.  Congrats!

Hahaha! Kudos.

What does your name actually mean?  Legitimate question.  This exchange made me wonder.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Oh my god.  When people get this board to quote properly are they manually editing things because every time I just hit reply it always messes up.  Every freaking time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Well since I posted Hern is down---- now if LLoyd goes, we are back to the dink and dunk 5-10 yard throws and teams have learned to bring the safetys up and flood the short passing lanes and blitz aka the Ravens, Giants, types of defenses ---that was my point. On a side note I believe BB was in the process of trying to trade Wes for a second round pick to a team that will finish near the bottom thus giving the Pats a pick somewhere in the 33-37,(2nd round), range---but when Hernandez went down plans had to change---now there's a good shot we won't get anything for Wes -- because BB is not paying him 4-5 years at 9-10 million----and w the Pats will not franchise him for 13-14 million next year---thoughts?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

If Lloyd goes down, then the WR corp really is no better off or worse than last year. They'd pick up Gaffney or Stallworth, and move on.

Hernandez was the big loss on offense.  Hopefully, Winslow can mimimize the blow while Hernadez is away.

As several other posters have already posted, the offense will hinge on the whether the OL, TEs, and RBs can protect Brady and give him time to throw. In addition, McD had better learn how to become an unpredicatable play caller, Brady had better learn to hit the OPEN man, and we better pray that Jones continues to learn/improve - and that he doesn't get hurt.

IMO, we need to add to our secondary well before any trade deadlines. I'm not convinced the Patriots have done enough to improve our passing defense.  Today's game against the Ravens might provide us some info on our secondary.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Lloyd looked pretty good to me last night.  Made a lot of clutch grabs.  And I think the Edelman haters saw last night why he is playing too.  There is room on this team for both Edelman and Welker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:

If we lose Lloyd it's 2 T/Es and Welker---because after that it's Edelman and Slater--sounds scary to me. I know Branch and Gaffney might still be there but they may not either---anyone else concerned?

i said the same thing when we cut gaffney and stalworth, and everyone else we brought in but lloyd

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Nah then Hern takes Lloyds spot, Welker remains out, and Fells with Gronk take the traditional TE role that can release or stay in

hern is not an outside wr.

lloyd better stay helathy or the offense will be worse

Sections
Shortcuts