If Brandon Merriweather were to be traded what would he be worth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

If Brandon Merriweather were to be traded what would he be worth

I would say 2nd round pick to a team desperate for a safety

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Re: If Brandon Merriweather were to be traded what would he be worth

a fifth that could turn into a third sounds fair

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

2nd sounds good but id take a 3rd and a 4th. i like the guy hes a big hitter and sometimes makes big plays but i realize he will be a free agent next year and will likely want STRAIGHT CASH HOMEY. so why not trade him and get something for him. especially if we have a nice replacement with Deshon goldson.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It depends on how he is viewed outside of NE. he has 2 pro-bowls, is a 1st round pick, has started and is not considered a bust by any stretch. I got to think there is value for Meri, and a team(s) would love to have him. I'm aiming for a 2nd rounder, 3rd worst case..if it's a 3rd, I also want a 4th or 5th.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Meriweather is not going anywhere.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Meriweather wont be leaving, I don't see anything happening with Goldson coming in for a visit.  Brandon McGowan will be gone shortly but to get Goldson as a 2nd possible 3rd would be too much $.  Maybe just a move by BB to get Meriweather to start playing smarter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Unfortunately there is tape of him and despite the fact that some fans see his "Big Bone Crushing Hits", what they forget is that he freelances, tackles poorly, takes god awfull angles, is small, can't match up with bigger guys, has off field baggage, has to paid, doesn't cause fumbles...or scare anyone...except his own coaches. This guy has no sand in his pants and aside from flying in for the hit on - defenseless guys that are allready being rapped up by other defensive players - he gets handled one on one. A fifth would be great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: If Brandon Merriweather were to be traded what would he be worth:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately there is tape of him and despite the fact that some fans see his "Big Bone Crushing Hits", what they forget is that he freelances, tackles poorly, takes god awfull angles, is small, can't match up with bigger guys, has off field baggage, has to paid, doesn't cause fumbles...or scare anyone...except his own coaches. This guy has no sand in his pants and aside from flying in for the hit on - defenseless guys that are allready being rapped up by other defensive players - he gets handled one on one. A fifth would be great.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I tried to say something like this about him on another thread but didn't do nearly as good a job as you did here. Spot on! The guy is all flash with very little substance. A Samuels clone. The Pats didn't need him and they don't need Meriwether either. Whatever they can get for him would be fine with me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: If Brandon Merriweather were to be traded what would he be worth:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately there is tape of him and despite the fact that some fans see his "Big Bone Crushing Hits", what they forget is that he freelances, tackles poorly, takes god awfull angles, is small, can't match up with bigger guys, has off field baggage, has to paid, doesn't cause fumbles...or scare anyone...except his own coaches. This guy has no sand in his pants and aside from flying in for the hit on - defenseless guys that are allready being rapped up by other defensive players - he gets handled one on one. A fifth would be great.

Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Yea i have to agree , iv still don't understand what people see in this guy. I don't want to be redundant , but there's nothing you said that isn't true. The angles , decisions/diagnosis of plays , tackling/wrapping up and so on are all below average imo. He reminds me of guys like Watson , LM , Jackson and some others. Guys that we all knew couldnt play but kept around because of where they were drafted.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

He's a good player and not going anywhere. At best you could get a 4th rounder for him. Nobody is going to make a trade for a safety. 

I guess you guys can play McGowan if you want but that would be a downgrade. 

If they got Goldson than he would be gone. I think that's probably pretty unlikely though. 

I know you guys are all down on Merriweather. The problem is getting someone to replace him without having to give up draft picks or break the bank. It would be silly to waste a pick on a safety since Merriweather can play the position decently. We had other more important positions to fill. Perhaps next draft we see the Pats go after a safety but that still means we have Merriweather for a couple more seasons. 

If he's the most glaring problem you see with this team you ought to be pretty happy about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Brandon Merriweather were to be traded what would he be worth : Yea i have to agree , iv still don't understand what people see in this guy. I don't want to be redundant , but there's nothing you said that isn't true. The angles , decisions/diagnosis of plays , tackling/wrapping up and so on are all below average imo. He reminds me of guys like Watson , LM , Jackson and some others. Guys that we all knew couldnt play but kept around because of where they were drafted.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]
    The real question is...is the guy from San Francisco (If they sign him) any better? He's bigger and taller...I googled video of him and the first thing that came up was him dancing like Asante and Merriweather. He seams to have a really high opinion of himself based off his free agency journey thus far. I really think it would be hard to do much worse than Merriweather; he played well for 4 games in the 09 season and then he hangs with Reed during pre game against the Ravens... like he had arrived and joined the exclusive fraternity. Hasn't done much since.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

He's worth me paying for the cab to take him to the airport!

I can't think of a player BB drafted who's a worse fit for this team.

-Freelances way too much
    -Takes horrible angles
    -Doesn't tackle well
    -Always looking for a big hit instead of a good football play
    -Thinks he's a lot better than he is
    -Proudly carries a gun in the offseason (does have permit at least)
    -Does not take well to coaching

He would be an exciting player to watch on a bad team. On a good team, he's just frustrating.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Not much. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

The guy is a good a player, not great. He makes big plays and big hits, but takes bad angles, is a step slow, and has a little too much "im the man" in him.

I would say a 2nd would great. a 3rd is good. a 4th is not worth it. rather have him on the team than off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I'd like to see the Pats get a 3rd & the5th & 6th rounder we gave up for Chad...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Agree, the tape doesn't lie.  I would think the Pats coud only get a 4th or a 5th for him.