If Denver doesn't win the AFC it will be an upset.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: If Denver doesn't win the AFC it will be an upset.

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

First game of the season. I'd get all the reps I can get in to even better this well oiled machine. '07 is still in your craw I see.

Really, shouldn't you be worrying about that ugly duckling QB of yours instead of this team?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

He'll be OK. Last night was tough on him having to watch Wes play for another team is all. Luv ya TFB!

LMAO!  Yes, it was painful.  It was painful to watch a loaded WR core handed to Manning to work towards a SB when the Pats load TFB with new rookie WR's and 3 frequently injured vets to throw the ball to.  I really expect more from this team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

Our beatdown of the Texans last season on MNF was a bigger stomping and the Texans were a better team then than the Ravens are now.  Plus it was later in the season.  We didn't win the AFC let alone the SB.  Championships aren't won in September.

That was last season.  It's a whole new season now.

[/QUOTE]

TFB12, man, I like you and I like your work but at some point in the last 6 months or so you have really gone negative.  I mean you no disrespect but I really became accustomed to your exuberance and enthusiasm and I don't see much of that lately.

And, should you respond with a FOAD.  My response, sir, will be:  Roger, Out.

[/QUOTE]

No, I get it and yes, I act like a baby sometimes but for good reason.  My thing is the window is closing on this team and TFB.  I expect more from this team.  I expect this team to have talent for Brady to work with.  As we watched roster cuts happen we are left scratching our heads wondering why the Pats didn't jump at some better players during the offseason.  Yes, it was only game one last night but clearly the road to the SB is going to go through Denver this season.   One game or not, it's easy to say that Manning looks better this year and the addition of Welker is huge.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Our beatdown of the Texans last season on MNF was a bigger stomping and the Texans were a better team then than the Ravens are now.  Plus it was later in the season.  We didn't win the AFC let alone the SB.  Championships aren't won in September.

[/QUOTE]

TFB12, man, I like you and I like your work but at some point in the last 6 months or so you have really gone negative.  I mean you no disrespect but I really became accustomed to your exuberance and enthusiasm and I don't see much of that lately.

[/QUOTE]

Are you upset that he is only sipping his kool-aide rather than guzzling it?

Has it ever occurred to you that some people don't like to build up false hopes; that some people like to have a sober perspective of exactly where we do stand rather than some made up pie in the sky the glass is overflowing delusion? In this way they are not unexpectedly let down in the end because they convinced themselves of things that just weren't realistic.

Some would consider preaching "unrealistic expectations" just as detrimental to the overall fan experience as an unjustified negative spin.

I have no problem with you being an unrealistic homer. I'm not asking you to change because it's diminishing my experience. It's your right to view it as you wish. I'm simply going to refute your claims with facts where applicable. Then why do you preach that others must join you in your "positivity"? Some people just don't like to kid themselves.

No offense intended, you are clearly a good fellow, but portraying those who find pragmatism more alluring than rose colored glasses as some sort of an inferior fan is simply wrong. Persons here don't need to be taking an unrealistic stance in violation of their true views because it bothers your need for happy happy joy joy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, I get it and yes, I act like a baby sometimes but for good reason.  My thing is the window is closing on this team and TFB.  I expect more from this team.  I expect this team to have talent for Brady to work with.  As we watched roster cuts happen we are left scratching our heads wondering why the Pats didn't jump at some better players during the offseason.  Yes, it was only game one last night but clearly the road to the SB is going to go through Denver this season.   One game or not, it's easy to say that Manning looks better this year and the addition of Welker is huge.   

[/QUOTE]

It's okay. ATJ has a need for positivity. That's his need. It is unfair for any of us to try and impose on others some censorship because of our needs.

Don't worry. When Welker drops a big ball in the playoffs your discomfort at the prowess of Fetus Head and company will be relieved. LMAO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't get too excited about much until after 6 games. Some here were drawing conclusions in the pre-season. Less conclusions is more - early.

When asked after the war why he had seized the machine gun and taken on an entire company of German infantry, Audie Murphy replied simply, "They were killing my friends."

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/audie-murphy-2-1.jpg

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My oh my, not only do I get Pats chat but also I get psychoanalysis - truly a one stop shopping experience here in BDC Pats forum.  Actually, Babe, I don't really drop by here out of need - it's more the sheer enjoyment of exchanging views with Pats fans.  I'm not at all upset with TFB12, you or anyone else.  What I was noting (and I probably should have done it via PM instead in the open forum) was that a guy who I knew to be a generally positive poster (one can be critical and positive, you know) had become almost exclusively negative.  I offered my view that's all.

With regard to what you call being pragmatic isn't really that at all, at least in my undertanding of the word.  As I understand the word it is:  dealing with things sensibly and realistically.  Seems to me that is exactly what the Pats have been doing for the entire time that BB has been here.

I'm glad that you think I'm a good fellow, Babe.  I try to be courteous to others on this forum but don't really care if people think I'm a good guy or not. I'd just as soon interact in that way with other Pats fans.  And I don't really mind you labeling me as an unrealistic homer.  I've been called worse actually by people I didn't really care for and I happen to think you're a pretty decent guy as well.  We just see the forum differently. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

Didn't know who I was going to root for.
    Stupid me, I rooted against both of them!

RESPONSE: Easy choice for me...I always root against "The Horseface".

Best moment - WW fumbling on  2 yd line

RESPONSE: Agreed!

Next best moment - i went to bed at 14 - 14

RESPONSE: I knocked off when it was 35-17.

Worst moment - waking up to M&M hearing Greenie say PM was the greatest qb ever. 

RESPONSE: Get used to it. The media is going to be insufferable. They love Manning like they love O'Bama...unconditionally. 

How come the more i listen to that Costas wanna be, I dislike him more and more?

RESPONSE: He's so dogmatic when he showers Peyton with accolades. Yet, we both know that the guy probably never played even a heated game of croquet in his life, let alone football.

We do recognize that the sports media is politcally the same as the rest of the media?

After reading the guys who are less enthusaitic about the Pats -which is ok-I take away this

The Pats wre worse because the donkies beat "another" team who is in transition, had a few bad breaks and then gave up

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

My oh my, not only do I get Pats chat but also I get psychoanalysis - truly a one stop shopping experience here in BDC Pats forum.  Actually, Babe, I don't really drop by here out of need - it's more the sheer enjoyment of exchanging views with Pats fans.  I'm not at all upset with TFB12, you or anyone else.  What I was noting (and I probably should have done it via PM instead in the open forum) was that a guy who I knew to be a generally positive poster (one can be critical and positive, you know) had become almost exclusively negative.  I offered my view that's all.

With regard to what you call being pragmatic isn't really that at all, at least in my undertanding of the word.  As I understand the word it is:  dealing with things sensibly and realistically.  Seems to me that is exactly what the Pats have been doing for the entire time that BB has been here.

I'm glad that you think I'm a good fellow, Babe.  I try to be courteous to others on this forum but don't really care if people think I'm a good guy or not. I'd just as soon interact in that way with other Pats fans.  And I don't really mind you labeling me as an unrealistic homer.  I've been called worse actually by people I didn't really care for and I happen to think you're a pretty decent guy as well.  We just see the forum differently. 

No, no PM's it's fine to address things here, that's what this place is for.  The Pats are my favorite team, my household loves to watch Pats football on Sundays together, we are big fans.  TFB my favorite player.. blah, blah, blah.  But let's face it, the Pats haven't won a SB in a long time.  Yes, it's nice to have one of the best teams in the league year after year but does that really matter when the goal is winning SB's?  I don't mind asking the tough questions.  Looking at the facts.  Admitting that there are some problems.  Yes, I am mostly a rah, rah guy but that doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't be questioning some bad decisions over the years that costs this team SB's.

I was trying to ignore all the early hype about this Denver team but man, they were impressive last night.  They have a serious offense, they have serious weapons for Manning, they have Miller expected back in 6 weeks, they have a fairly easy schedule.  It's safe to say the road to the SB runs through Denver.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

It's okay. ATJ has a need for positivity. That's his need. It is unfair for any of us to try and impose on others some censorship because of our needs.

Don't worry. When Welker drops a big ball in the playoffs your discomfort at the prowess of Fetus Head and company will be relieved. LMAO

ATJ is a good dude, I like him here, I don't mind being called on my posts but I also don't like the fans who can not face reality and think everything is great when it's not.  The Pats have some concerns.  It makes me furious when we have a HOF QB who isn't given the tools needed to win championships.  The past is the past, what won them previously isn't going to do it this day and age. Not sure why people can't understand that.  

Hopefully fetus head will throw Welker one of those bad passes in the playoffs.  Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

[QUOTE]

they wont win afc, their defense isnt good enough.

With an offense like that they don't need a defense.  Kind of the Patriots philosophy.

[/QUOTE]

thats exactly my point tfb12, we didnt win a SB either with all the fireworks we had on offense..it may be similar case here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Man I hate the Donkies. It pains me to say it, but they look really good. We will have our work cut out for us if we want to win the AFC. 

We have only this one game to measure how "really good" the Broncos are. Lets not forget that their win was against an uninspired, retooled unit that is at this point a mere shell of the team that made the MIRACULOUS run to winning the Championsip last year. Lets at least give the other 14 NFL farnchises in the AFC a chance to step on the field for the first time this weekend before we categorically dash their chances of having a say so in who will be the AFC Champ.

I personaly believe that the New England Patriots have the perfect mix of experienced veterans and energy brought in by our unusually talented youth that will equate to a brilliant season that will lead to more than just the AFC Championship. OBTW, did you notice that 3 Hall of Famers are holding the fort down in Tom-Offense, Vince-Defense, and Bill-EVERYTHING ELSE! I love our chances, and sorry, I won't be upset in the least if the Broncos don't win it!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

ATJ is a good dude, I like him here, I don't mind being called on my posts but I also don't like the fans who can not face reality and think everything is great when it's not.  The Pats have some concerns.  It makes me furious when we have a HOF QB who isn't given the tools needed to win championships.  The past is the past, what won them previously isn't going to do it this day and age. Not sure why people can't understand that.  

Hopefully fetus head will throw Welker one of those bad passes in the playoffs.  Smile 

[/QUOTE]

My friend, I will grant you that there are question marks going into the 2013 reg season but that is all they are - question marks (that's my opinion).  Who can possibly know how this team will look at the mdway point?  You may be right and Brady will be throwing to a bunch of stiffs or just maybe a couple of 'em will be developing into NFL quality receivers.  Note that I said NFL quality - not pro bowl.   We simply see the situation a little differently.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree To a point. Tb has had some great weapons to win with. The problem is they change out frequently, get hurt or locked up in the pokey. There is a lack of continuity, welker being the last and probably longest tenured of the weapons.

i also would ask the question are / were the weapons elite? Gronk when healthy is. Welker was an elite slot receiver...problem there was we didn't have any one to compliment him and the short game. Hence over reliance on welker. 

I would have liked to see more continuity in tb's weapons. I would have also like to see more diversity. They loaded up contracts in their te's and nothing to speak of at WR...until Danny. 

People will criticize me for woulda coulda shoulda...but I would have either paid Gronk or Hern and looked for a top tier veteran WR (unlike stinko) to lengthen the field and invested here. I guess this is what they did with the draft, but that is a work in progress. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

It makes me furious when we have a HOF QB who isn't given the tools needed to win championships.   

I'm just trying to understand how you can say he hasn't been given the tools when we haven't played a single game yet. I understand that there are huge question marks going into the season with so many rookies, but I see it a tad unfair to make that statement before we really see what these young kids can do. If Brady can win a superbowl with guys like Caldwell....I'm okay with guys like Thompkins, Dobson & Boyce.

I remember a lot of posters calling for a better WR group...and that's exactly what BB is trying to do here....wouldn't you agree? Unproven yes...but at least they made some major moves to try and rebuild and find good talent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

for real, people are getting too excited with these big reviews

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Are you upset that he is only sipping his kool-aide rather than guzzling it?

Has it ever occurred to you that some people don't like to build up false hopes; that some people like to have a sober perspective of exactly where we do stand rather than some made up pie in the sky the glass is overflowing delusion? In this way they are not unexpectedly let down in the end because they convinced themselves of things that just weren't realistic.

Some would consider preaching "unrealistic expectations" just as detrimental to the overall fan experience as an unjustified negative spin.

I have no problem with you being an unrealistic homer. I'm not asking you to change because it's diminishing my experience. It's your right to view it as you wish. I'm simply going to refute your claims with facts where applicable. Then why do you preach that others must join you in your "positivity"? Some people just don't like to kid themselves.

No offense intended, you are clearly a good fellow, but portraying those who find pragmatism more alluring than rose colored glasses as some sort of an inferior fan is simply wrong. Persons here don't need to be taking an unrealistic stance in violation of their true views because it bothers your need for happy happy joy joy.

nice post babe. People are different, what a shocker. Peoples peronas, zodiac signs,etc make up what kind of person they are. more often the not, the realistic ones are usually right. I am one who uses realism and realizes that we are in a good position and I personally wasnt envious of Forehead but I understand his frustration. Mine is just with a diff. part of the team. I dont see the young WRs as being as much of a problem as our defense still trying to fix the same thing for years and the fact that we cant shore up ONE position in 6 years now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The Ravens looked completely unprepared to play that's the only real thing to take away from that gm.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I agree To a point. Tb has had some great weapons to win with. The problem is they change out frequently, get hurt or locked up in the pokey. There is a lack of continuity, welker being the last and probably longest tenured of the weapons.

i also would ask the question are / were the weapons elite? Gronk when healthy is. Welker was an elite slot receiver...problem there was we didn't have any one to compliment him and the short game. Hence over reliance on welker. 

I would have liked to see more continuity in tb's weapons. I would have also like to see more diversity. They loaded up contracts in their te's and nothing to speak of at WR...until Danny. 

People will criticize me for woulda coulda shoulda...but I would have either paid Gronk or Hern and looked for a top tier veteran WR (unlike stinko) to lengthen the field and invested here. I guess this is what they did with the draft, but that is a work in progress. 

People are gonna say yea right but I recall always being skeptical about  signing 2 TEs to major money and hamstringing your chances to get more talent at other spots(outside WR). Thats why they had a # in mind for Wes they couldnt move above because they had to consider other options outside. Thats why we went with cheap LLoyd last year. The thing Is I was opining for Gronk to be traded once they were both signs because of his recklessness of the field and Hernandez saying he was commit more to the team after settling down and having a kid. Now THAT part I was Horibbly wrong at. Can u imagine if we DID trade Gronk and the next year this AH thing happened!??!  Wow....But yea I never liked BOTH getting signed to that money. As it stands now we should have let AH play out his contract and he would of showed his true colors before we got "duped" 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I know I will be "upset" if they do! :)

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Ravens held the lead until the 3rd quarter, then sure fell apart but it's one game.

Was it me or was Dumerville held every time he rushed and simply could not get a call....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Every free agent comes with assets and liabilities. 

With Peyton Manning you take a gamble on a seriously rebuilt guy, 4 neck surgeries and 2 knee surgeries for starters, and the quarterback is 37 years old.  At some point not too far from 37, all quarterbacks see their skills decline, and sometimes the decline is pretty quick.  With Peyton in 2012, he already didn't have the arm strength to hit the long ball like he used to do. Fortunately for Peyton, his hurry-up skills and touch got him to the bye in 2012.

The Patriots were just a bit afraid of Welker's age (32) and his rebuilt knee.  Stuff happens.  Nobody ever leaves the NFL healthy and with ten million dollars unless God is on their side (example:  Tim Tebow) and sometimes the team is left holding the contract after the player gets injured.

Just as important, every big free agent costs big money that your team doesn't have to shore up some other part of the team.  Last night, I saw that the Broncos lost FA Elvis Dumervil to the Ravens. 

Note that Baltimore had extreme problems with age late last year when they stumbled to a 1-4 finish of their regular season.  No, I don't know how they pulled off their playoff run.  Last night they looked like their old (or rebuilding) selves.

In September, the Broncos are looking like world beaters.  I don't know if they can hold the pace for 17 more weeks.  Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

You are getting to be as insolent as Rusty Bucket. I'm a f @ckin' Giants fan and what do looks have to do with winning the SB? TB can have Gisele all he wants, just give us the trophy. You have enough of Rusty to deal with.

But in your support, Babe, after reading the same redundant diatribe from your genius nemesis, here are actual facts about BB's drafting prowess. We all know that all GMs will make unproductive choices in the draft. Here's a copious list of misses by arguably the best coach in the NFL.

One of the biggest blunders in Pats' history is picking Eason before Marino. Thirty years ago and obviously prior to BB.

The biggest fact about BB's coaching ability are his records production pre TB. Cleveland 43 winning %. Bledsoe 45%. He's over 75% with TB. Knew that would make you happy. Fudder for future confrontations with RG.

Let's start. In 2001, BB inherited Parcell's team build up from previous years and 2 high picks in the '01 draft with the likes of Willie Mc and Seymour. BB does get credit for luring Harrison and Vrabel, two free agents. Now we turn to draft follies. Passed  on Matthews chosen at 26, but should have been a top 10. He did get, in a trade down, Gronk, Hern and McCourty. That was pretty good until all these BS goings on are presently occurring. He passes on Jarius Byrd and takes Chung. Passes on Mike Wallace & Greg Jennings picks Brandon Tate. Picks Bethel Jackson, while Osi, Witten & Boldin still on the board. Picks Graham with Ed Reed on the board. Picks Maroney with Hester, Jones-Drew and Jennings still up. Picks Thomas and Mills with Dumervill & Brandon Marshall on the board. Busts: Merriweather/24, Wheatley/62, Butler/41, Dowling/33, Wilson/48, Maroney/21 and there's probably a short list more. When I first read about BB's draft record, all I could think of was RG vehemently defending BB and proclaiming him the greatest GM. With tallies like these, it's pretty difficult to agree with his promotional drivel.

Peace & have a great day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Let's start. In 2001, BB inherited Parcell's team build up from previous years and 2 high picks in the '01 draft with the likes of Willie Mc and Seymour. 

I stopped reading there.  This isn't even English, but it seems to say that BB inherited Parcells' players like Willie Mac and Seymour.  BB drafted Seymour FYI.  Learn the game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Try rereading what I posted. BB inherited those picks from Parcell's last season. Read much? Second grade reading comprehension? Dopes like you don't want to hear anything but pro Pats comments. Try being a little OBJECTIVE. THAT'S OBJECTIVE. Can you read that? Forgot the word objective is beyond 2nd grade level. Maybe when you make it to the 12th grade. Nah!!!

Sections
Shortcuts