If Denver doesn't win the AFC it will be an upset.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

If Denver doesn't win the AFC it will be an upset.

Man I hate the Donkies. It pains me to say it, but they look really good. We will have our work cut out for us if we want to win the AFC. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: If Denver doesn't win the AFC it will be an upset.

No Lombardies awarded in September...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Man I hate the Donkies. It pains me to say it, but they look really good. We will have our work cut out for us if we want to win the AFC. 

I'm afraid for our defense.  Rusty might want to stay away from here after that game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I'm afraid for our defense.  Rusty might want to stay away from here after that game.

defense and offense.  sigh. I still have faith of the team though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Let me be first to say it then... overrated knee jerk reaction.  When it gets cold and the toll of a full season makes it's run, we'll see who is left.

I think we saw a team in rebuild mode with some vet patch work, an over paid QB with no weapons fall behind quickly in the second half, playing in the mile high were they are not supposed to be playing their first game of the season as a SB winner.  The Ravens were never built for come from behind work, and the Broncos are built to blow out teams.  It went Denvers way...  I think they are who I thought they are... 12-4 with some questions on D when a real offense plays them...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I Hope TFB can put up 70+ to beat this Denver team.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

There were a couple of bad calls.  The Welker trap that kept that drive going (why didn't Harbaugh throw the flag?) and there was a blatant hold on Dumervil on a Manning TD throw. 

BUT 7 TDs by Manning? What happened to the Ravens secondary? They stink. Denver couldn't run the ball but they didn't gave to.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Let me be first to say it then... overrated knee jerk reaction.  When it gets cold and the toll of a full season makes it's run, we'll see who is left.

I think we saw a team in rebuild mode with some vet patch work, an over paid QB with no weapons fall behind quickly in the second half, playing in the mile high were they are not supposed to be playing their first game of the season as a SB winner.  The Ravens were never built for come from behind work, and the Broncos are built to blow out teams.  It went Denvers way...  I think they are who I thought they are... 12-4 with some questions on D when a real offense plays them...

This^

Opening game in Mile High, defense trying to find its identity... 

Don't over think it, you're never as good as you think you are when you win, never as bad as when you lose.  You can't run on Denver's two defensive tackles, they're huge, but the team in general isn't deep anywhere behind their frontline defense, they're thin everywhere.  A season can break you down, they'll be good, playoff good, but I think they'll breakdown by the end of the playoffs unless they make additions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Gomer and the boys were sloppy in the first half and a free TD courtesy of a Flacco INT. after Harbaugh blew the challenge on the Welker drop, the wheels came off for the Ravings. I hate both teams, but as most say, it's 1 game....and one the Gomer Boys were waiting to avenge.

The Pats will beat Gomer on Nov 24th. Tiebreaker will go to the Pats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Harbaugh didn't blow it, Peyton just ran the hurry up before he could make a decision and get out TE flag. Just like Brady and the Pats do...

however, I thought the Broncos would blow them out. Not necessarily by this much, but the Ravens defense is not what it was last year. As others said there is a little too much overreaction to this game, Broncos won't be doing this every week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Did anyone complain about them running up the score? Gomer in for the whole game? I am sure all the pundits will be talking about that today!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Wow!  That's quite an assessment after the first game of the season.  You may be right, Wazzu, but I'm thinking that your conclusion may be just a bit premature.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

LOL the NFL is absolutely falling for Manning right now. "Manning is on pace for 112 tds this season", "Manning will break the 2007 Pats records", wow cool it it's one week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

Did anyone complain about them running up the score? Gomer in for the whole game? I am sure all the pundits will be talking about that today!

That topic is only reserved for BB & the Pat's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

What a ridiculous overreaction to ONE game. Denver smoked Baltimore last year too. How did that playoff game work out for Denver?

Denver is a solid team, but hardly the best in the AFC. Any given Sunday is a cliche for a reason. Anybody that watched the 07 Superbowl should know that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Denver is very tough to beat at that altitude. The AFC West most likely challenges the AFC East for worst division in football. Raiders may not win a game in the Clowney sweepstakes. Denver wins that division with ease and seemingly will be playing for home field thru the playoffs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Media loves to hype manning, let`s see in january who really wins, it`s just a game, remember we crushed the Texans in last year playoffs one game after, total collapse, every team have a weakness, and no team is umbeatable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

so early in the season, just 1 game old.  As long as the Patriots win their division and get into the playoffs - it will be good.

It's gonna be fun watching the youngins grow up fast this season....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

It's just one game, in a long season. To beat QBs like Manning, a defense has got to pressure him. If a "D" give him all day to throw, he's going to light things up, like he did tonight.

The turning point of the game was John Harbaugh missing that Welker trap, ruled a catch, on a 3rd down play. Had he caught that and threw a challenge flag, the game might have been different, as Denver scored the go ahead TD immediately thereafter.

The other thing that caught my attention was Denver's ability to shut down Ray Rice, and the Baltimore running game. It made the Ravens' offense very one-dimensional. Run stuffing DT Terrance Knighton was a great free agent pick up for them. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Say what you want about Denver and Horseface....I hate that giant forehead as much as anyone, but he played great last night....400+ with 7tds....give him some credit. I will say his receivers looked WIDE open last night.

However, it's just one game....so any major predictions are bigtime premature.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

^ this

have to give credit where it is due. Denver looked good on both sides of the ball last night. They will be tough to play for sure. 

However, as we learned in 07', no team is unbeatable. It all comes down to what team can improve as the season moves on, how that team maintains its health, and what team peaks at just the right moment. 

From my point of view, the pats are built to get better as the season moves on. They are young and need to get both nfl and playing together experience. We have the talent on both sides of the ball to win. When Gronk returns and is ready to roll, I will put this offense up against any in the nfl. It should be fun to watch and I am just excited to watch one game at a time and see how this team develops.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

I would wait a bit before making conclusions.  Denver exploited the Ravens coverage well.  Ravens could not cover the seam routes.  On the flip side, Denver's defense did their job.  I still think NE will run on them when they meet.  The question is what will NE's D do.  I know BB will have a plan.

As many have said long way to go.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

How does Denver end up with a HOF QB, plus a great WR/TE group, and we end up with a HOF QB plus a bunch of WRs from the taxi squad?

What Brady could accomplish with good WRs is mind-boggling, but he ends up with a bunch of Reche Caldwell's every year.  Pisses me off. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

it would be fine if the patriots flew under the radar anyway...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

We all knew Den was going to be the toughest out this year but seeing that they have an all around team last night should give us all pause. Anything can happen any given Sunday and Manning falls apart in the big games but that was scary to watch last night. Give credit where credit is due

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

Sections
Shortcuts