If Denver doesn't win the AFC it will be an upset.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Re: If Denver doesn't win the AFC it will be an upset.

Horsehead has always looked good in the regular season. Wait until it starts getting cold. He has always struggled in cold and playoffs that weren't in his dome. WW always drops key passes in playoffs too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

They looked very good, which should surprise no one.  But as I say every year, you really can't tell until about week six which teams are likely contenders and which aren't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

Did anyone complain about them running up the score? Gomer in for the whole game? I am sure all the pundits will be talking about that today!

Probably hard to do when its the reigning SB champion that you do it against. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I don't anticipate that Manning will be an issue.  The nerve that was pinched that was the cause of the surgery appears to be healing.  Due to the fusion, that nerve cannot pinch there again.  I don't know if Manning is at full strength, but he's strong enough.  He's never had a cannon for an arm. 

Health will be the deciding factor.  Nothing can derail a team like injuries, and there's a whole season ahead of the team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:

How does Denver end up with a HOF QB, plus a great WR/TE group, and we end up with a HOF QB plus a bunch of WRs from the taxi squad?

What Brady could accomplish with good WRs is mind-boggling, but he ends up with a bunch of Reche Caldwell's every year.  Pisses me off. 

His Tight End was a basketball player - not a football player.  Manning's developed him.  His slot receiver could have been had by the pats for 1 mill more per season.  Decker did not distinguish himself with numerous drops much to my fantasy chagrin.  Thomas is the real deal. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

they wont win afc, their defense isnt good enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Manning = biggest playoff fraud of all time

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

they wont win afc, their defense isnt good enough.

With an offense like that they don't need a defense.  Kind of the Patriots philosophy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

'Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before the fall.' Losing in NE won't matter much will it, if they're holding the Lombardi in '14?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

First game of the season. I'd get all the reps I can get in to even better this well oiled machine. '07 is still in your craw I see.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Did anyone complain about them running up the score? Gomer in for the whole game? I am sure all the pundits will be talking about that today!

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

That's easy to answer. 1) don't be implicated in a homicide. 2) let the antibiotics take effect without the interference of alcohol. and 3) don't go on the cheap when you need top tier WRs. Easier said than done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Didn't know who I was going to root for.
    Stupid me, I rooted against both of them!

Best moment - WW fumbling on  2 yd line

Next best moment - i went to bed at 14 - 14

Worst moment - waking up to M&M hearing Greenie say PM was the greatest qb ever. 

How come the more i listen to that Costas wanna be, I dislike him more and more?

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

The doom and gloomer Pats fans already putting up the white flag after the first game...by another team.  The Pats haven't even played their first game yet.  Super Bowls are awarded in September now.  I had no idea.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

You guys are right, of course. It is just one game, at home, in good weather.  My eyes told me that Denver looked very, very good last night, though. their schedule is very easy, too.  I hope we beat them in January, andI hope Gomer has to play in a lot of cold games this year.  Maybe my OP was an overreaction to one game, but no doubt Denver is going to be very good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Man I hate the Donkies. It pains me to say it, but they look really good. We will have our work cut out for us if we want to win the AFC. 

ONE game does not a season make.  Remember the year the Pats lost their opening game 31 - 0 ?  They won the SB that year didn't they?  So, again, one game does not a season make!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Nothing so far this morning and we shouldn't expect it.  This is Manning we are talking about and not Brady and the Pats!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

Didn't know who I was going to root for.
    Stupid me, I rooted against both of them!

RESPONSE: Easy choice for me...I always root against "The Horseface".

Best moment - WW fumbling on  2 yd line

RESPONSE: Agreed!

Next best moment - i went to bed at 14 - 14

RESPONSE: I knocked off when it was 35-17.

Worst moment - waking up to M&M hearing Greenie say PM was the greatest qb ever. 

RESPONSE: Get used to it. The media is going to be insufferable. They love Manning like they love O'Bama...unconditionally. 

How come the more i listen to that Costas wanna be, I dislike him more and more?

RESPONSE: He's so dogmatic when he showers Peyton with accolades. Yet, we both know that the guy probably never played even a heated game of croquet in his life, let alone football.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

RESPONSE: He's so dogmatic when he showers Peyton with accolades. Yet, we both know that the guy probably never played even a heated game of croquet in his life.

LMFAO!  I know we've had our disagreements Tex, but that was hilarious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

geez, it's only the first game.  Give it a rest.  

Baltimore's defense got exploited.  They are not what they were last year by a long shot.  You can't recover over night from the loses they had on their defense.  Flacco isn't that good to over come the defense deficiencies.  If the defense doesn't show up it's going to be a long season for the Raves.  Who didn't expect a Bronco win?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Our beatdown of the Texans last season on MNF was a bigger stomping and the Texans were a better team then than the Ravens are now.  Plus it was later in the season.  We didn't win the AFC let alone the SB.  Championships aren't won in September.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Our beatdown of the Texans last season on MNF was a bigger stomping and the Texans were a better team then than the Ravens are now.  Plus it was later in the season.  We didn't win the AFC let alone the SB.  Championships aren't won in September.

That was last season.  It's a whole new season now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

No kidding.  So what?  The point is one impressive victory in September doesn't win you anything.  Last season an even more impressive victory in December by the Pats didn't win anything either.  The fact that it was last season doesn't take away anything from my point.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TFB12, man, I like you and I like your work but at some point in the last 6 months or so you have really gone negative.  I mean you no disrespect but I really became accustomed to your exuberance and enthusiasm and I don't see much of that lately.

And, should you respond with a FOAD.  My response, sir, will be:  Roger, Out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TFB12, man, I like you and I like your work but at some point in the last 6 months or so you have really gone negative.  I mean you no disrespect but I really became accustomed to your exuberance and enthusiasm and I don't see much of that lately.

And, should you respond with a FOAD.  My response, sir, will be:  Roger, Out.

[/QUOTE]
    He'll be OK. Last night was tough on him having to watch Wes play for another team is all. Luv ya TFB!

Sections
Shortcuts