If Denver doesn't win the AFC it will be an upset.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: If Denver doesn't win the AFC it will be an upset.

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Try rereading what I posted. BB inherited those picks from Parcell's last season. Read much? Second grade reading comprehension? Dopes like you don't want to hear anything but pro Pats comments. Try being a little OBJECTIVE. THAT'S OBJECTIVE. Can you read that? Forgot the word objective is beyond 2nd grade level. Maybe when you make it to the 12th grade. Nah!!!

I can't read what you posted because it is complete gibberish.  What picks are you saying BB inherited from Parcells?  Parcells' last season was in 1996 idiot.  And BB didn't inherit any draft picks or Richard Seymour from him.  There is nothing factual about anything you posted let alone objective.  You are a tool who writes like a 3rd grader.  How is that for objective troll?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Here's one. GFY!!!! That was SUBJECTIVE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

OK, the 'inherited' post is one of the most inaccurate I've ever read in this forum and that is a pretty big statement.  There were exactly 17 players from Pete Carroll's 1999 Pats roster on the 2001 Pats roster.  That's right - 17.  And if you'd like to check for yourself, be my guest:

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-england-patriots/roster/1999

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-england-patriots/roster/2001

You want to criticize BB - fine, he's made his share of missteps but at least try to have some semblance of the facts when you do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

My oh my, not only do I get Pats chat but also I get psychoanalysis

It's not psychoanalysis. It's pointing out that you apparently are adverse to critical observations of the team because you often find them to be "negative". Why point it out repeatedly if you don't find it troublesome in some regard? The causes or cures of your affliction are not aspects of this matter that I have addressed so it seems a stretch to call it an attempt at psychoanalysis on my part.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

It's okay. ATJ has a need for positivity. That's his need. It is unfair for any of us to try and impose on others some censorship because of our needs.

Don't worry. When Welker drops a big ball in the playoffs your discomfort at the prowess of Fetus Head and company will be relieved. LM

Hopefully fetus head will throw Welker one of those bad passes in the playoffs.  Smile

I really do get what you say. I really do know that some here, including me. are way positive. But none who has lived thru the last  6 yrs believe in the tooth fairy when it comes to the Pats. We had luck go our way until SB 42  -right up until AS dropped the INT- from then on we haven't.

If you look at the SB winning teams - they have not been the best team in the regular seaon. I saw BAlt in ravens stadium against Denver last year - they both were terrible. So now i see a guy like Thompkins who seems to get it. Seems to have separation ability - which TB has not had on the outside - and its fun to get excited again. And its fun to root for all the young guys. And if they win it will be even sweeter.

I really don't know anybody that BB could have gotten that I would have jumped up and down for. Really! The SS names don't make it, the WR's dont make it. And with Amendola, Endlemen and Boyce at the slot we won't miss WW. And they are all younger -I can see WW getting hammered and not getting up - He is getting too old for those hits and he then drops balls.

So I am glad you are on our side. But we all have eyes and we all remember the past . I don't know any of the more positive guys hear not understaning this. We all know we don't know anything until the playoffs.

What PM did yesterday was notable for sure. But TB can do similarly with what he has. 

The regular season is candy. It is just an elmination and seeding tournament. All we can do is root for them with hope. To me any other way is a lot less fun.

btw - I cannot see this game - I will look forward to your 's and everyone's opinions

have a good day

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

nice post babe. People are different, what a shocker. Peoples peronas, zodiac signs,etc make up what kind of person they are. more often the not, the realistic ones are usually right. I am one who uses realism and realizes that we are in a good position and I personally wasnt envious of Forehead but I understand his frustration. Mine is just with a diff. part of the team. I dont see the young WRs as being as much of a problem as our defense still trying to fix the same thing for years and the fact that we cant shore up ONE position in 6 years now.

I agree with everything you have said here.

In a nutshell, the biggest problems with this team have been, a shoddy defense, too many dropped passes, occasional no shows by the O-line and not being able to run when we need to run.

I see no reason to feel confidant these issues have changed. But I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My oh my, not only do I get Pats chat but also I get psychoanalysis

It's not psychoanalysis. It's pointing out that you apparently are adverse to critical observations of the team because you often find them to be "negative". Why point it out repeatedly if you don't find it troublesome in some regard? The causes or cures of your affliction are not aspects of this matter that I have addressed so it seems a stretch to call it an attempt at psychoanalysis on my part. 

Negative comments don't trouble me, Babe. In point of fact, I'm not averse to critical commentary when it's warrnated.  My comments to TFB12 were poster-specific and not about criticism in general.

With respect to negativity in general, I see a lot of posters who repeatedly beat the same negative drum regardless of the topic.  Hey, I get it - certain posters think BB is a poor drafter.  But why bring it up in seemingly every thread?  You, for example, have repeatedly said that the rest of the team is mediocre beyond TB.  Babe, that just doesn't make any sense at all.  It really doesn't.  I shouldn't comment on that?

There's more but why waste the space on negaitivty? Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

LSU Masters to be exact. Never said I was a millionaire, but will be soon. Who can't afford a fiotching Murano? Only the ones that inherited O's largess. I'm happy with my BMW 3M. Wife drives a Lexus GS 450h. People like you with no ambition and perseverance and accepting the trite and banal position you have and not reaching for a more lucrative, if attainable, position should never be envious of those who scratched and clawed to make it in life. And stop making up things I never said. Being successful for some people is making $50K annually and that's alright. I set my goals high and was fortunate enough to be successful with the help of a little luch as well. I never put anyone down for their IQ or how much cake they make.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

The information I posted about the 2 high draft picks came from a fellow Pats fan who I've always respected for his knowledge of the game and the Pats' historical past. My bad. I'll formally research all data from this day on. I don't want to come off as creating false info on a forum which has a good degree of football knowledge participants. Later.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

He'll be OK. Last night was tough on him having to watch Wes play for another team is all. Luv ya TFB!

LMAO!  Yes, it was painful.  It was painful to watch a loaded WR core handed to Manning to work towards a SB when the Pats load TFB with new rookie WR's and 3 frequently injured vets to throw the ball to.  I really expect more from this team.

We have MUCH larger concerns than our WRs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I guess my reading comprehension is just fine. Lmao.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I'm not the one who always reminds everyone about his IQ, which I'm sure is exaggerated.

When you use the word loser, are you looking in the mirror? Don't like what you see? Do YOU have your masters. Not that it matters. Don't ridicule my alma mater. Was it NCST you went to? I will not demote your university. I'm not a child.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

Didn't know who I was going to root for.
    Stupid me, I rooted against both of them!

Best moment - WW fumbling on  2 yd line

Next best moment - i went to bed at 14 - 14

Worst moment - waking up to M&M hearing Greenie say PM was the greatest qb ever. 

How come the more i listen to that Costas wanna be, I dislike him more and more?

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

I went to bed at 17-14 Ravens. I wasn't impressed with either team. I'm not that surprised at the score though. The Ravens defense is not the Ravens defense of old.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

And the prisoner of the moment award goes to...

whazzu...

please folks, go shine Manning's shoes somewhere else please. 

before the season ends, we'll see this again: 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Wife drives a Lexus GS 450h"

Yeah, she's got a nice ride for sure. I was in it yesterday....

I have a bucket of gold coins in my basement where I'm typing this, maybe that's why she likes me so much...

I love a good lifestyle argument on the Internet. 

Let's start with how many times each of us got laid this summer and go from there...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

OK, the 'inherited' post is one of the most inaccurate I've ever read in this forum and that is a pretty big statement.  There were exactly 17 players from Pete Carroll's 1999 Pats roster on the 2001 Pats roster.  That's right - 17.  And if you'd like to check for yourself, be my guest:

You want to criticize BB - fine, he's made his share of missteps but at least try to have some semblance of the facts when you do.

Yes, but of those 17, Bruschi, McGinest, Law, Milloy, Tebucky Jones and Brandon Mitchell were starters. That means more than half of the defense was held over from Carroll or before. He also added Hamilton, Pleasant, Phifer, Bryan Cox and Otis Smith from the Parcells Jets. Seymour and Vrabel are the only guys who were not either from the Parcells Jets.

I still think BB deserves all the credit for coaching that team to the Super Bowl. Shutting down the "Greatest Show on Turf" was phenomenal. However, there is a reason people feel like that wasn't his defense roster. Even in 2004, there were still four starters (Bruschi, Johnson, Law and McGinest) who had been on the Parcells Patriots.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Too obvious you're trying too hard to make friends on this forum. You completely ignored everything I said that wasn't to your liking. You are a child. No one could care less about what I posted. Christ, I couldn't care less. Sticking in your face what you stick in everybody's. I'm not your passage for you to make friends with anyone here. You're the least likable poster I've ever encountered anywhere and I'm sure the majority of the board would agree with me. I feel you suffer from some kind of narcisistic pshycopathy. Get help. Now you're going on ignore before I blow a gasket here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

nice post babe. People are different, what a shocker. Peoples peronas, zodiac signs,etc make up what kind of person they are. more often the not, the realistic ones are usually right. I am one who uses realism and realizes that we are in a good position and I personally wasnt envious of Forehead but I understand his frustration. Mine is just with a diff. part of the team. I dont see the young WRs as being as much of a problem as our defense still trying to fix the same thing for years and the fact that we cant shore up ONE position in 6 years now.

I agree with everything you have said here.

In a nutshell, the biggest problems with this team have been, a shoddy defense, too many dropped passes, occasional no shows by the O-line and not being able to run when we need to run.

I see no reason to feel confidant these issues have changed. But I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Babe, and I hear you, You have boiled the problems to simple components. I think the athletism  and versatility on D is the strongest since 46" I hope that at least  2 of the 5 (amendola, thompkin,bolden, sudfield, Simms) rookie receivers  are better than what we had on the outside and with Vereen will offset the loss of AH and WW who had the dropsies at times. if Rookie Qbs can succeed, maybe we will see other skill players do the same. and we all agree on injuries,

If they are good against the bills and jetsam it's a small step, I am really looking forward to thompkins vs revision

I look forward to the discussions and if I am wrong I am wrong

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Here's one. GFY!!!! That was SUBJECTIVE.

Get a life, you loser. What kind of an NFC troll trolls an AFC board?  The Giants don't even play the Pats this year!

We get it. You're a NY loser who is entitled, born and bred that way, and when you don't get it, you go to your neighbors to the north to try to bother them.

This is why people cannot stand NY/NJ types in general. There are always exceptions, but you're not one of them, loser.

I am a ny nj type lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Manning's career playoff record, 9-11... lmao

That should tell you all you need to know about Denver's superbowl chances. I was at Ceasar's Palace last night and the running joke was "Ya, he's awesome... but it's regular season."

What a crock. Dude does it every regular season then completely shiaaats himself every playoff and it's absolutely priceless to watch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Denver has NO running game.  They'll be exposed several times during the season by better prepared teams. As Patriot fans well know a passing game without a running game will get you far but not get a ring.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

http://tsminteractive.com/files/2013/09/Elway.jpg

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I feel if the Pats don't win the AFC it will be an upset! Call me a homer but there it is!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Yes, but of those 17, Bruschi, McGinest, Law, Milloy, Tebucky Jones and Brandon Mitchell were starters. That means more than half of the defense was held over from Carroll or before. He also added Hamilton, Pleasant, Phifer, Bryan Cox and Otis Smith from the Parcells Jets. Seymour and Vrabel are the only guys who were not either from the Parcells Jets.

I still think BB deserves all the credit for coaching that team to the Super Bowl. Shutting down the "Greatest Show on Turf" was phenomenal. However, there is a reason people feel like that wasn't his defense roster. Even in 2004, there were still four starters (Bruschi, Johnson, Law and McGinest) who had been on the Parcells Patriots.

Those are fair points. I don't dispute that there was some measure of holdover but in fairness, remaking nearly 70 percent of the roster in 2 seasons is a major overhaul.  Characerizing that as a Pete Carroll or Bill Parcells team really isn't accurate IMO.  Even with adding the players he poached from the Jets it remains a near 60 percent makeover and by 2004 it was almost exclusively a Belichick selected team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

FIRST - as Wozz said up front... no trophies in September.

SECOND - Ravens D had a LOT of holes... Denver did a great job exploiting them... they have the talent to do it big time. But it was also bad D (including bad tackling)

THIRD - Denver got a LOT of breaks from bad play by Flacco. He missed a lot of open guys, some for BIG plays. Clark had drops and fumbles.

... final score should have been more like 35-31 Denver.

FOURTH - first games of season teams are not there yet. Lots of mistakes can lead to big stats and lop sided finishes. Denver O looks scary for a reason. But still, Ravens D is not what it will be late this year.

FIFTH - Expect some great things and some clunkiers from Pats in week one. There are likely to be some breeak downs. Nonetheless I expect we dominate and likely in a big way.

Sections
Shortcuts