If Denver doesn't win the AFC it will be an upset.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: If Denver doesn't win the AFC it will be an upset.

Flock the flockin' Broncos . . .   and flock Peyton flockin' Manning.

How many years did we see that pasty, effeminate deuschebag do this in Indiana?

And how many times did that team get by the Pats in the playoffs without an embarassing display of hometown officiating?

Hear me now and believe me later:

No way this team gets by the Pats in January.

No flockin' way!.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

OK, the 'inherited' post is one of the most inaccurate I've ever read in this forum and that is a pretty big statement.  There were exactly 17 players from Pete Carroll's 1999 Pats roster on the 2001 Pats roster.  That's right - 17.  And if you'd like to check for yourself, be my guest:

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-england-patriots/roster/1999

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-england-patriots/roster/2001

You want to criticize BB - fine, he's made his share of missteps but at least try to have some semblance of the facts when you do. 

Yes, but of those 17, Bruschi, McGinest, Law, Milloy, Tebucky Jones and Brandon Mitchell were starters. That means more than half of the defense was held over from Carroll or before. He also added Hamilton, Pleasant, Phifer, Bryan Cox and Otis Smith from the Parcells Jets. Seymour and Vrabel are the only guys who were not either from the Parcells Jets.

I still think BB deserves all the credit for coaching that team to the Super Bowl. Shutting down the "Greatest Show on Turf" was phenomenal. However, there is a reason people feel like that wasn't his defense roster. Even in 2004, there were still four starters (Bruschi, Johnson, Law and McGinest) who had been on the Parcells Patriots.

Those are fair points. I don't dispute that there was some measure of holdover but in fairness, remaking nearly 70 percent of the roster in 2 seasons is a major overhaul.  Characerizing that as a Pete Carroll or Bill Parcells team really isn't accurate IMO.  Even with adding the players he poached from the Jets it remains a near 60 percent makeover and by 2004 it was almost exclusively a Belichick selected team.

How many of those "Pete Carroll" guys were actually BB guys drafted while Parcells was the HC? It would be interesting to see if there were any, don't you think?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In actuality, there were no 'Pete Carroll' guys actually selected by him.  Carroll was not the decision maker while he was here.  Bobby Grier was VP of Player Personnel and made the decisions.

Sections
Shortcuts