If drafting Solder means bye bye time for Matt Light.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

Re: If drafting Solder means bye bye time for Matt Light.....

While great in the regular season (surely one of the best guards in the league) logan mankins, along with the rest of the patriots o-line, has played like crap the last few years in the playoffs... he (and they) have gotten pushed around and beat up by aggressive defenses.
    Add to the fact that he is an ignorant moron who doesn't know when to shut his mouth, and that we have drafted cannon (and maybe can add another G thru free agency) i hope mankins has played his last game as a patriot.
    i say franchise him and trade him for draft picks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: If drafting Solder means bye bye time for Matt Light.....:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know if Solder can play RT? We know Vollmer can play LT, and I think I'd rather see him there rather than a rookie protecting TB's blind side.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

Players like Solder have panned out pretty well the past few years

Look at Jake Long and Joe Thomas

I wouldn't mind if they think he can cut it.  I'm more concerned with his frame and demeanor in the run game.  He's a former tight end so he has good feet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: If drafting Solder means bye bye time for Matt Light.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If drafting Solder means bye bye time for Matt Light..... : Players like Solder have panned out pretty well the past few years Look at Jake Long and Joe Thomas I wouldn't mind if they think he can cut it.  I'm more concerned with his frame and demeanor in the run game.  He's a former tight end so he has good feet.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Bill said that Solder was brought in to work at LT, so I assume they view him that way. I think Vollmer looked better at LT than RT, but improved a bit, and should continue to improve imo.

Now they need to get Mankins inked and get Cannon healthy and this line is going to be exceptional. 

Sections
Shortcuts