If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady?

In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? :
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

In short- yes I think the first few weeks this season Brady was not playing at his normal level(uncomfortable) that is what his comfort level with his knee and the mental aspects of the game have to do with how well he plays(as if you didn't know what I meant)

Colts beat the titans by 21, Steelers beat them by idk 3 or 4. I don't care about you perspective of what you think the titans corners were doing we put up 59 points in a game where balls are hard to catch.

"The experts" are who? Guys from espn? Put a gun to the heads of every coach in the league and ask them who they want as there starting QB and every one of them chooses the guy who gets the job done. The guy who is the winningiest QB in Nfl History.

I give Brady credit because he makes the throws that win the game. Its very simple. If a good defense was all you needed then the Ravens would have won 6 out of the last 7 or 8 superbowls. Your logic is as twisted as Peyton Mannings sexuality.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Clearly, you did not get the referenence, and squeezing me only adds to the yuckiness of you. 

Gumby, have you ever been to prison?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : Whoa cowboy.  I know what you mean when you talk about me riding manning (which of course is not true), and now you want to ride me the same way??? Yikes.  I'd prefer it if you could just "quit me".

I see you wanted no part of my response. Your man love for Peyton and your jealousy of Pats fans is very clear and very comical. Say it with me, Brady number 1, Manning number 2 ( A big number 2). Manning, the playoff choke artist who had to cry to the refs to get some rule changes and phantom Pass interference calls.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I'm really enjoying this banter about who deserves the post-season awards in week 9.

Somebody help me out here.

Didn't the USFL -- or the World League or one of the other fly-by-night imitations -- used to pit the best teams after half the season agains the best teams from the second half?

Maybe it was NFL Europe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I don't think this discussion is about who deserves awards. None of us care. It is about the fact that media outlets leave Brady off the list entirely and I think that is a great thing for us. Brady himself has said he wanted to prove to every team that passed on him 198 times in the draft that they made a big mistake. Point being he uses this to his advantage. No reason to add fuel to the fire that is Tom brady and the New England Patriots but people just keep doing it. Good!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Clearly, you did not get the referenence, and squeezing me only adds to the yuckiness of you.  Gumby, have you ever been to prison?

Doggygirl

You hurt me bad man, I am cut to the quick.......
    You are the better man....

Wait look here comes Manning

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : In short- yes I think the first few weeks this season Brady was not playing at his normal level(uncomfortable) that is what his comfort level with his knee and the mental aspects of the game have to do with how well he plays(as if you didn't know what I meant) Colts beat the titans by 21, Steelers beat them by idk 3 or 4. I don't care about you perspective of what you think the titans corners were doing we put up 59 points in a game where balls are hard to catch. "The experts" are who? Guys from espn? Put a gun to the heads of every coach in the league and ask them who they want as there starting QB and every one of them chooses the guy who gets the job done. The guy who is the winningiest QB in Nfl History. I give Brady credit because he makes the throws that win the game. Its very simple. If a good defense was all you needed then the Ravens would have won 6 out of the last 7 or 8 superbowls. Your logic is as twisted as Peyton Mannings sexuality.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    True champ you were great until your last line and then it all became meaningless. 

In a nutshell I consider Brady and Manning 1a and 1b.  If you don't, that is your prerogative.  The reason I push manning on this board is exactly because so many of you lose bladder control at the suggestion that anyone is as good as Brady. 

If you don't think anyone is as good as Brady, so be it.  I see it differently and am happy to defend my point regularly and am not so thinned skin to run away when I have 5 of you piling on me at the same time. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : True champ you were great until your last line and then it all became meaningless.  In a nutshell I consider Brady and Manning 1a and 1b.  If you don't, that is your prerogative.  The reason I push manning on this board is exactly because so many of you lose bladder control at the suggestion that anyone is as good as Brady.  If you don't think anyone is as good as Brady, so be it.  I see it differently and am happy to defend my point regularly and am not so thinned skin to run away when I have 5 of you piling on me at the same time. 

UD, who would you consider better? You said 1a and 1b, Are you saying it's in that order?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]  I push manning to lose bladder control

Thanks for being honest

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : Why don't you try pointing out what is weak minded about this post. Did the refs not blow two pass interference calls that game that cost the Patriots the game? Did they not formally aplogize for it aftrewards? Why don't you try an actual counterpoint as opposed to insults? Maybe you need to stop sniffing Peyton's jock and realize that the Brady is the best Qb of his generation. As for my tag line, it was directed at you and Leon.
    Posted by Diesel12[/QUOTE]
    Not that I didn't want any part of you, its just that my comments were already stated.  And your jock sniffing reference didn't really merit a response.  

So the only reason the pats lost in 06 was because the ref blew a call and the NFL admitted it (not multiple, one).  Is that how you see it?  You do recall that the pats were up 21-3, right?  You do know that on that interference call that the colts were in the red zone, and the play occurred on 2nd down.  Certainly the call helped them, but its not as if the game would have been over had the call not been made, and there is no telling whether or not the colts still would have scored a TD. The colts drive had already covered 55 yards. And, the pats responded on the next drive after the TD. 

As for me calling you a whiner:  here are your comments

"the league is in the tank for manning"  wahh
    "they had to change the rules because polian was whining"  wahh (by the way there was no rule change)
    "phantom pass interference calls" (note the plural) wahh
    "costing the pats their 4th SB."  wahh
    "more concerned about getting manning a title."  wahh
    "its a disgrace how the league plays favorites."  wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've never seen so much whining in so few words.  I attribute this to nothing but jealousy so your tagline points right back at you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : I see you wanted no part of my response. Your man love for Peyton and your jealousy of Pats fans is very clear and very comical. Say it with me, Brady number 1, Manning number 2 ( A big number 2). Manning, the playoff choke artist who had to cry to the refs to get some rule changes and phantom Pass interference calls.
    Posted by Diesel12[/QUOTE]

PS - If I am correct, there was only one PI call on the pats D.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : UD, who would you consider better? You said 1a and 1b, Are you saying it's in that order?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]
    I'm not going to give you what you want.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : Thanks for being honest
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]
    Geez - your like Belichick with a camera.  You can't play it straight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : I'm not going to give you what you want.

From anothr post
    In Response to Re: Resurrecting "Spygate" in Denver?:
    Try to separate yourself from your own opinions.  Consider the way reporters do their job these days, and then ask yourself, if you were them wouldn't you ask the question?
    Posted by underdogg
    Try separating YOURSELF from Peytie's c0 ck and post something that is not skewed to the bias love of the man and the team he plays for.  ;^)
    HRK

Doggy, you see the pattern here brothaH? You need help man. Consider this tough love..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Tsk Tsk.  Must be that East Coast openness that has caused this fantastic fetish within your mind.  Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

From Puritanical to purty (if you know what I mean), you've made a 180 degree turn from your roots. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Maybe this discussion string will have more validity in December?  Also, folks, the MEDIA votes for the MVP, not the NFL.  And the Colts are more in the favor of the media than the Pats.  Besides, when you think about it, take Manning off the Colts and what kind of team will it be?  Definitely not the same, ergo, Manning IS the Colts!  On one team, he is the ONE player who is most valuable.  Love it or hate it, that is the way the media looks at it, who is the one player that is the most valuable to their team. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Drew Brees is an MVP candidate, why not Brady? : Who exactly has Peyton Manning beaten? Why is it when the Patriots beat up on bad teams people always say "you haven't beaten anyone yet", What team did the Colts face?  Colts' competition: Jacksonville, Phins, Cards, Seahawks, Titans, Rams, 49ers. Competition's win % =  42% Patriots competetion:  Buffalo, Jets, Falcons, Ravens, Broncos, Tennessee, Buccs.  Competition's win % = 43%  We've faced the same level of competition, the Saints and Colts are undefeated so the media has a huge man-chrush on them.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Although the schedule isn't that tough the Colts are undefeated and played most of their games on the road.  Mannings passes have been dead on. 

This is also early talk about the MVP.  Tom is just getting his bearings which many on this board fully expected.  Especailly after the Bills game.  Reality came crashing upon us that Tom's comeback was going to take some time.  I don't know how any one could expect MVP talk about Tom so early.

The media will always have a man crush on Manning.  It's just something we as Pat fans have to deal with.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Pats fans - Please Please do not support my rational arguements.  GMBill and TrueChamp can't handle it. 

Sections
Shortcuts