If Ebner Gets Cut...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

If Ebner Gets Cut...

I'd be disappointed, only because I think he'd get picked up from waivers and would not get to our practice squad.

He's still a project, but if Chung and Ihedigbo can't stay on the field due to injuries.....why not keep ebner?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: If Ebner Gets Cut...

I thought there was no way Gaffney doesnt make this team. Now I think there is almost no way Ebner doesn't amke it. See the subtle difference?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The dude is a lock.  Like I said before he will soon be a Superstar in this league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Damn tcal, you think a star?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to If Ebner Gets Cut...:

He's already good with limited football experience and has huge upside potential.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I agree, Ebner will make the team.  He is a ball hawk both on D and ST.  He will be a cult hero this season.  Last year it was Gronk, this year it will be Ebner!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I agree with tcal. Ebner could be a star in a year or 2. He has a great nose for the ball, and has perfect technique when it comes to tackling. He has also been around the ball on a few occasions with a few interceptions in practice and he had one against the Eagles. I don't know how good his coverage skills are but there are many safeties in the league that can't cover. He should make the tem, but you never know what BB will do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Ebner gives me a brusci feeling every time i see him.

Ebner just has the look of a patriot so i hope he stays.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Balls skills, closing speed and can tackle at a position of need.  He's in!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This guy is quite a story if he makes the roster -- from barely playing at Ohio State outside of special teams to an NFL roster.  To beat guys out who have already played safety in a major college program or in the NFL would be quite a feat.  I know he's a great athelete, but he must be pretty smart if he has a feel for this defense already.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

He's already good with limited football experience and has huge upside potential.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, he only played 3 snaps in college and comes out here looking like he knows what he's doing. That's impressive. He seems to have a nose for the ball, great instincts, tackles very well, and smart. He's got big time upside. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't think there's anyway this guy gets cut at this point. I'm not saying he's going to be a super star, but I think it's obvious he deserves to be on an NFL roster.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

This guy is quite a story if he makes the roster -- from barely playing at Ohio State outside of special teams to an NFL roster.  To beat guys out who have already played safety in a major college program or in the NFL would be quite a feat.  I know he's a great athelete, but he must be pretty smart if he has a feel for this defense already.

I don't know diddly about Rugby, but from what little of seen of the game - it appears that players need to know where everyone else is on the field.  I'm wondering if that skill has helped him with his awareness on the field. Obviously, he's gotten his tackling skills from rugby - must be a luxury to him to be able to tackle with pads...lol.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

If he gets cut, he won't make it through waivers no chance at all and I would be extremely disapointed.  I already (my proffesional couch scouting eye lol) see more upside that I ever saw with Merriweather.  This guy is just a throw back type football player, and they way he tackles is just too much upside to risk on waivers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

I can't believe Ohio State wasn't playing him more ... he will become a 'Rodney-like' fixture in our backfield over the next few seasons.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'd be disappointed, only because I think he'd get picked up from waivers and would not get to our practice squad.

He's still a project, but if Chung and Ihedigbo can't stay on the field due to injuries.....why not keep ebner?

I think he's on this team and will prob get some burn at safety earlier than people think... I think they like him (and his upside) a lot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I think Canton was right to measure him for the jacket before he left the state...

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts