If Houston wins at 1:00PM...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

If Houston wins at 1:00PM...

The Pats should treat this as a bye and get ready for Cinci----Rest Brady,Hernandez, Talib,Dennard,Mankins,Vince and anyone else that is hurting--start Mallet and run Bolden and Varreen. And I don't want to hear how the Broncos could still lose--THEY aint losing to the Chiefs - period-so cut the nonsense. This is when BB needs to be a head coach and tell Brady your sitting--essentially this would be our BYE.  The Giants won 2 SBs as the 4-6 seed---there is no need to prove anything in a meaningless game for wins or ego. Keep the big picture in front of you. If you rest the starters,(if Houston wins), and lose the Miami game yet win the SB, no one will remember or care about the last loss of the season--I hope the Pats are smart about this and not let their ego's dictate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Re: If Houston wins at 1:00PM...

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

The Pats should treat this as a bye and get ready for Cinci----Rest Brady,Hernandez, Talib,Dennard,Mankins,Vince and anyone else that is hurting--start Mallet and run Bolden and Varreen. And I don't want to hear how the Broncos could still lose--THEY aint losing to the Chiefs - period-so cut the nonsense. This is when BB needs to be a head coach and tell Brady your sitting--essentially this would be our BYE.  The Giants won 2 SBs as the 4-6 seed---there is no need to prove anything in a meaningless game for wins or ego. Keep the big picture in front of you. If you rest the starters,(if Houston wins), and lose the Miami game yet win the SB, no one will remember or care about the last loss of the season--I hope the Pats are smart about this and not let their ego's dictate.

Don't think this will happen until the second half at the soonest.  TB and the offense played sluggishly last week, and I'd think they'd want Gronk (if he's ready) to get some game time prior to the playoffs.  Per recent interviews I think TB is angry as heck about his/the offense's play the past several weeks.  Also, Miami will be there to play - and they have a good (not great) D - so a good challenge prior to playing playoff caliber D's.  But generally, I agree with you - if someone's dinged up, I'd not expect to see them after halftime.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

What if KC pulls an upset on Denver? That's a 4:30 game as well yes?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Not gonna happen--I know any given Sunday? But Manning aint losing to the lowly Chiefs at home with a Bye on the line-Do you think Brady would lose at home to the Chiefs with a Bye on the line--Get Real? And Gronk and others don't need to brush up on things against Miami-they need to get healthy for the Playoff run and get ready for Cinci-If Houston Loses--Hope BB doesn't let wins and Ego get in the way of sound reasoning?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

The only real shot we have is for the

Texans to lose. Indy has their coach

back and they feel like they owe rhem

for the earlier loss.

Hate saying this but go Indy.

We should roll out Mallet,big he Plays

wrll his trade value is higher.

Dream trade.

Our 2nd round pick and Hernandez 

for a Fitz with a restructured contract.

Wes , Fitz , Lyold , Gronk and Ballard

would be scary ad hell .

Our 2nd round pick

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Herm Edwards said it best...Hello! You play to win the game...

Belicheck's mo regardless of the weight if the game has been to play the regulars, until the contest is decided. I doubt even if Houston wins that he'll rest healthy players...Those that are dinged up is a different story. Especially given that the odds of us moving up to the 2 seed fall dramitically if Houston wins.

My guess is that Belicheck has already made clear to everyone in the lockeroom that they'd better show up ready to play. Those that he plans on resting, will not be on the active roster and likely haven't or won't participate in practices this week. Some I'm sure will be game time decisions, based on the results of the earlier game. I'm pretty sure that he's not told a single player that whether they play or not is dependent on the outcome of the Indy-Texans game. A game that will be decided before we kickoff or soon thereafter (OT?).

However that said, if the Texans lose we're then garanteed a bye and that might well make some of the game time roster decision a tad bit easier but the goal will still be to win the game with an outside chance that the Broncos come out flat and the Chiefs play over thier heads. Which given the nature of the rivalry is not out of the relm of possibility as improbavble as it might be in reality...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to looneyman's comment:

The only real shot we have is for the

Texans to lose. Indy has their coach

back and they feel like they owe rhem

for the earlier loss.

Hate saying this but go Indy.

We should roll out Mallet,big he Plays

wrll his trade value is higher.

Dream trade.

Wes , Fitz , Lyold , Gronk and Ballard

would be scary ad hell .

Our 2nd round pick

Stupidest trade ever...between Brady (22 million next year), Welker (Wants 15 mill) and Fitzgerald (15 mill), they'll take up nearly half the cap and you people will start whining that the defense is terrible when we have 50% of the cap on 3 offensive players. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The way the offense looked in the past weeks? They need a tune up game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to looneyman's comment:

The Pats should hold out for a trade with ARI by dangling the 7th round draft choice and Ebert, and Fitz should agree to a vet's minimum./

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

If you read the Peter King's article from yesterday, the Colts have many (7?) starters out and the line up was patched together with players off the street. I am not holding my breath for IND to win over HOU.

If NE is the 4th seed, do they play IND in Foxboro and then HOU? That may be an easier path than CIN and DEN in Mile High. Plus there may be a chance that BAL can beat DEN.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

At first I dimissed it but....the more I think about it the more I think KC has the potential to win this.

They have an opportunity to end the most miserable season on a high note. Using a cliche,  ..this is their superbowl.

Denver has won 10 in a row due for a letdown?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I think the Colts will be trying to "Win one for the Gipper!"  Pagano coming back will give them an emotional lift and I think they will play to win on Sunday. Merry Christmas!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I think the Colts will be trying to "Win one for the Gipper!"  Pagano coming back will give them an emotional lift and I think they will play to win on Sunday. Merry Christmas!!!

They are in a situation much like the Pats, thet have laid down a couple soso efforts as of late and the coaching staff would really like to see a good performance before the playoffs. Good for us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Go patriots!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Texans are gonna lose. we win, get a bye a week to rest

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

You posted some other thread with a bossy, threatening tone, about what the Pats should do. The team will do what Bill thinks is best, and your opinion means.....

ZERO.  NOTHING.

History and the last two games almost prove beyond doubt that we will play the game like any other and only rest starters when the game is well in hand.  We need Gronk to get the rust off, Brady to execute better, and the defense needs to unscrew themselves.  Miami is the perfect team for that, they know us, they will fight us, and they have a good defense.  Great game to get in post season shape.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

If the Pats lose and the Ravens win, the Pats fall to the 4 seed and play the Colts.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

broncos could very well lose to the chiefs. Brady just needs to dominate miami in the first half and allow NE to run in the 2nd.

broncos could "very well" lose to the chiefs? u actually just posted that?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

You posted some other thread with a bossy, threatening tone, about what the Pats should do. The team will do what Bill thinks is best, and your opinion means.....

ZERO.  NOTHING.

History and the last two games almost prove beyond doubt that we will play the game like any other and only rest starters when the game is well in hand.  We need Gronk to get the rust off, Brady to execute better, and the defense needs to unscrew themselves.  Miami is the perfect team for that, they know us, they will fight us, and they have a good defense.  Great game to get in post season shape.  

Yoo are a complete moron==your post is one of the stupidest I've ever read---play your starters in a meaningless last game-really? And after 15 games the Pats need a tune-up--your'e joking right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

broncos could very well lose to the chiefs. Brady just needs to dominate miami in the first half and allow NE to run in the 2nd.

I want what your smoking Ricky? Denver aint losing the Chiefs game! Vegas has Denver as 16 point favorites. Manning is a first ballot hall of famer and he knows this game is for a bye--Broncos aint losing - period--IF Houston wins Pats are stupid to not rest their key guys!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

gronk needs to play regardless

Sections
Shortcuts