If I didn't just see it I wouldn't believe it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

If I didn't just see it I wouldn't believe it

At about 11:50 AM this morning on ESPN, they were showing clips of the "Tuck Rule Game". I thought most of the talking heads like Tommy, Ditka et,al were going to cry and I do mean physically cry for the Raiders.  

They clearly demonstrated there dismay and disdain for Referee Walt Coleman.

As they went on and on about how the Raiders got screwed (They didn't say that but they surely implied it),  it brought back memories of the Bogus Roughing the Passer Call of 1976 against Ray Hamilton that allowed the Raiders to win that game.  The Patriots had an excellent team that year and had a great chance to win the Super Bowl.  Instead, the Raiders got a bogus call to go their way to knock the Patriots out and they won the Super Bowl instead.

Well S-------IT Happens but I have to agree with everyone who says that the national media as a whole has a clear bias against the Patriots.  I hope the Pats totally dismantle the Broncos tonight and I can't wait to see how the jerks on ESPN Spin That.  

But in the mean time, ESPN can SPIN THIS!  (Let your imagination be your guide.) 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: If I didn't just see it I wouldn't believe it

They picked and built up Tebow as their new idol.  Now they need to hope Tebow can actually do it.

Sux to be them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to If I didn't just see it I wouldn't believe it:
    At about 11:50 AM this morning on ESPN, they were showing clips of the "Tuck Rule Game". I thought most of the talking heads like Tommy, Ditka et,al were going to cry and I do mean physically cry for the Raiders.   They clearly demonstrated there dismay and disdain for Referee Walt Coleman. As they went on and on about how the Raiders got screwed (They didn't say that but they surely implied it),  it brought back memories of the Bogus Roughing the Passer Call of 1976 against Ray Hamilton that allowed the Raiders to win that game.  The Patriots had an excellent team that year and had a great chance to win the Super Bowl.  Instead, the Raiders got a bogus call to go their way to knock the Patriots out and they won the Super Bowl instead. Well S-------IT Happens but I have to agree with everyone who says that the national media as a whole has a clear bias against the Patriots.  I hope the Pats totally dismantle the Broncos tonight and I can't wait to see how the jerks on ESPN Spin That.   But in the mean time, ESPN can SPIN THIS!  (Let your imagination be your guide.) 
    Posted by NCPatsFan1971

Good reference to '76, so true.  That call was payback and payback is a you know what.  those guys shouldn't be acting like they are about it because it's between the Pats and the Raiders.  Broncos have nothing to do with it.  But they are hoping that the tebow era of magic will begin.  Well it's not, not on Brady's watch.  It's still his time.  Tebow's moment is gone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: If I didn't just see it I wouldn't believe it:
    In Response to If I didn't just see it I wouldn't believe it :  Good reference to '76, so true.  That call was payback and payback is a you know what.  those guys shouldn't be acting like they are about it because it's between the Pats and the Raiders.  Broncos have nothing to do with it.  But they are hoping that the tebow era of magic will begin.  Well it's not, not on Brady's watch.  It's still his time.  Tebow's moment is gone.
    Posted by passfirst

The Tuck Rule wasn't payback for jack. The 76 call was bogus. The Tuck Rule call was legit. See what the ref has to say about the call in the ESPN show. And note, that rule had been in existence for a few years and called several times already that year. It has also been on the books since without change. People don't like the rule because of the Pats game, but it is a legit time tested rule.

Watch what Tim Brown has to say. I was sad he couldn't man up on this. Instead of saying it was a good call, he says that the refs were looking for a way to screw the Raiders and seemingly had to dig into some old, dust-covered rule book to do it. Also, Woodson talks about how the call was bad. the fnny thing is, Woodson clearly face masks Brady yet I have never heard him mention how bad it was that the refs didn't call it. The Raiders were just a bunch of crybabies. Yeah, the play was called and even if they didn't think it was legit, all they had to do was stop the Pats from tying the game but they weren't able to stop them from getting to the what? 25 yard line to kick a tyong FG in a blizzard. And the reason why was because they were too deflated by the call. They couldn't man up then and, after this show, I don't ever see them manning up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

They picked and built up Tebow as their new idol.  Now they need to hope Tebow can actually do it. Sux to be them.
    Posted by soups

Yep, they are surely trying to jam Tebow down our throats.  I hope that ends tonight.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Why did Brady's head move so violently tO the left when it was contacted by woodson's hand? The wind? Might have helped cause the ball to come loose, 15 extra yards and a first down? Why don't these clowns bring up the undisputable uncalled penalty?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Why did Brady's head move so violently tO the left when it was contacted by woodson's hand? The wind? Might have helped cause the ball to come loose, 15 extra yards and a first down? Why don't these clowns bring up the undisputable uncalled penalty?
    Posted by pauldeba

I see them all sitting at a round table and someone puts forth that question. They pause, stunned. Then Charles Woodson speaks, "Good non-call. Good non-call." as the rest begin to bob their heads in agreement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In Response to If I didn't just see it I wouldn't believe it :  Good reference to '76, so true.  That call was payback and payback is a you know what.  those guys shouldn't be acting like they are about it because it's between the Pats and the Raiders.  Broncos have nothing to do with it.  But they are hoping that the tebow era of magic will begin.  Well it's not, not on Brady's watch.  It's still his time.  Tebow's moment is gone.
    Posted by passfirst

The game in 76 broke my heart.  Man, I was PO'ed.

I don't know about payback from the Ref's.  But for whatever we want to call it the "Snow Bowl" was one of the greatest things to ever happen for the Patriots.   :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Same old song and dance by Patriots haters.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In Response to Re: If I didn't just see it I wouldn't believe it : I see them all sitting at a round table and someone puts forth that question. They pause, stunned. Then Charles Woodson speaks, "Good non-call. Good non-call." as the rest begin to bob their heads in agreement.
    Posted by EnochRoot

I have to admit that when I first began to read about the negative media bias toward the Pats, I thought that it might be an exaggeration.

Well no more.  These guys (especially on ESPN) with few exceptions are absolutely awful.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: If I didn't just see it I wouldn't believe it : The Tuck Rule wasn't payback for jack. The 76 call was bogus. The Tuck Rule call was legit. See what the ref has to say about the call in the ESPN show. And note, that rule had been in existence for a few years and called several times already that year. It has also been on the books since without change. People don't like the rule because of the Pats game, but it is a legit time tested rule. Watch what Tim Brown has to say. I was sad he couldn't man up on this. Instead of saying it was a good call, he says that the refs were looking for a way to screw the Raiders and seemingly had to dig into some old, dust-covered rule book to do it. Also, Woodson talks about how the call was bad. the fnny thing is, Woodson clearly face masks Brady yet I have never heard him mention how bad it was that the refs didn't call it. The Raiders were just a bunch of crybabies. Yeah, the play was called and even if they didn't think it was legit, all they had to do was stop the Pats from tying the game but they weren't able to stop them from getting to the what? 25 yard line to kick a tyong FG in a blizzard. And the reason why was because they were too deflated by the call. They couldn't man up then and, after this show, I don't ever see them manning up.
    Posted by EnochRoot

I've written of the no-call of roughing the passer - the obvious blow to the head on Brady - several times here over the years.  I have yet to see or hear about it in the sports media.  If anybody got jobbed on that call, it was the Pats for not picking up 15 yards and a first down on the roughing. If you try to get a Raiders fan to watch the play in slo-mo after you explain the missed call, they refuse to watch it.  That's been my experience, anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: If I didn't just see it I wouldn't believe it : I see them all sitting at a round table and someone puts forth that question. They pause, stunned. Then Charles Woodson speaks, "Good non-call. Good non-call." as the rest begin to bob their heads in agreement.
    Posted by EnochRoot

You saw that?!!!!!  I can't believe it.   That actually came up and was summarily buried? Insane in the membrane at ESPN.  

Getting pretty sick of the NFLN, too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

It's AWESOME to be a Patriots fan....the bias reporting (for the most part) just fuels my love for this team....

When the Patriots win it will all be spun around how the hiring of Josh was the sole reason....

I love how Marshal, Jackson and Mortonson get that almost "constipated" look on their face when they discuss anything posative about the patriots.....just kills me....

GO PATS!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

The '76 game goes way beyond the "roughing" call.  For the entire game Phil Villipiano was blatantly holding and mugging Russ Francis.  People forget the kind of power Al Davis had back then.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from taljr. Show taljr's posts

There has been a lot to fuel the hate since the Tuck. There's been the Super Bowl wins, the 16-0 season, Spygate. As a Pat's fan living in NJ, the Land of Jets, Giants, and Yankee fans, I am arguing on a daily basis about all of this stuff. I remind these jerks about all the how we all suffered through the 1-15 seasons and the old stadium which was the worst in the league, had the worst tuff and prematurely ended the careers of many great young players with knees and turf toe, and the Sullivan's, and all the things that made the Patriots the worst franchise in football basically until Kraft and Parcels. We even suffered after this with Parcels leaving and decimating that incredible young team on the verge of greatness, then we suffered through Pete Carrol... My point is: no matter what you feel about the Tuck call, NE and their loyal fans have deserved a call to go our way for several generations. We deserve the success that has followed as do the players who have continued this historic run of success because they didn't call the Tuck Rule in each of their SB wins.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

haha watching NFL network and marshall faulk said a few minutes ago about the pats recent playoff struggles..."they lost their cameraman"....man what a bitter S O B

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Like others here have said, I long ago stopped referring to it as the "Tuck Rule" Game: it's been the "Illegal Blow to the Head by Charles Woodson That Went Uncalled" Game for me for several years now.

15-yard penalty; first down Pats at the 27; and maybe they go in and score the GW touchdown instead of having to settle for a FG and overtime?

Terrible, terrible non-call by the refs there.

Pats got screwed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

haha watching NFL network and marshall faulk said a few minutes ago about the pats recent playoff struggles..."they lost their cameraman"....man what a bitter S O B
    Posted by redsoxfan94

Someone should ask Faulk how filming DEFENSIVE signals in November helped the Pats offense in February, when the offense played WORSE in the Super Bowl against the Rams than it did in the regular season game.

And someone should also tell Faulk that everyone else "lost their cameraman", too, after Goodell decided to crack down on it in 2006-2007 (Rams included).

I can't stand him.

I hate ESPN, because they're nothing but drama queens anyway, but I like the NFL Network. I like just about everyone on that network...except for crybaby Faulk (whose team may never have won a Super Bowl, by the way, were it not for the "Bert Emmanuel Rule" NOT being in effect during the 1999 NFC title game).

Idiot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: If I didn't just see it I wouldn't believe it : Yep, they are surely trying to jam Tebow down our throats.  I hope that ends tonight.  
    Posted by NCPatsFan1971

Careful, if you don't buy into the Tebow hype people might accuse you of hating Christians. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Posted by redsoxfan94

Faulk's still burthurting? WHat a luzah! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: If I didn't just see it I wouldn't believe it : You saw that?!!!!!  I can't believe it.   That actually came up and was summarily buried? Insane in the membrane at ESPN.   Getting pretty sick of the NFLN, too.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

I am not sure if you are serious. I was not. I was saying I could envision how something like that would happen. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

It's AWESOME to be a Patriots fan....the bias reporting (for the most part) just fuels my love for this team.... When the Patriots win it will all be spun around how the hiring of Josh was the sole reason.... I love how Marshal, Jackson and Mortonson get that almost "constipated" look on their face when they discuss anything posative about the patriots.....just kills me.... GO PATS!!!
    Posted by dmcpatsfan

Yep. I agree with that.   I'm getting that "spit in their eye" feeling again.  :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Re: If I didn't just see it I wouldn't believe it : The Tuck Rule wasn't payback for jack. The 76 call was bogus. The Tuck Rule call was legit. See what the ref has to say about the call in the ESPN show. And note, that rule had been in existence for a few years and called several times already that year. It has also been on the books since without change. People don't like the rule because of the Pats game, but it is a legit time tested rule. Watch what Tim Brown has to say. I was sad he couldn't man up on this. Instead of saying it was a good call, he says that the refs were looking for a way to screw the Raiders and seemingly had to dig into some old, dust-covered rule book to do it. Also, Woodson talks about how the call was bad. the fnny thing is, Woodson clearly face masks Brady yet I have never heard him mention how bad it was that the refs didn't call it. The Raiders were just a bunch of crybabies. Yeah, the play was called and even if they didn't think it was legit, all they had to do was stop the Pats from tying the game but they weren't able to stop them from getting to the what? 25 yard line to kick a tyong FG in a blizzard. And the reason why was because they were too deflated by the call. They couldn't man up then and, after this show, I don't ever see them manning up.
    Posted by EnochRoot

I saw that ESPN clip this morning and I loved it.
    You could show these whining Raiders the rule book and they'd still say it was a bad call.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wrong call. Hands to the QB's head. Raider penalty. The idiots of the world will never get this right. They prefer the drama.

Sections
Shortcuts