If I told you before the game...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

If I told you before the game...

That the Pats would hold the Broncos to 26 points BEFORE the game started - how many Pats fans would have shelled out 100 dollars on the Pats? I would have!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: If I told you before the game...

i said this in another thread as well.

if you said we'd hold them to 26 I'd we would have a legit sho t at winning then

not the case though

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Also thanks again to all the great Pats fans on this board for another fun year-I really enjoy so many posters on this board. The knowledge on this board is remarkable and I look forward to reading this post board much more so than the columnist for either paper the Globe or Herald-this forum rocks--see ya all next year =- GO Pats!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I agree but you cannot downplay that our D didn't get their hands on Manning once, let alone pressure him, sack him, or force any fumbles on him or the skill pkayers.. I didnt understand our game plan in terms of never sending extra rushers and syicking with bump and rum coverage with no f Ing bumping? Guys were running free of the LOS? 

Anyway, I agree. 26 denver points and I would have thought we won.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

The time of possession and big plays at key moments were the killers more so than the points. It wasn't all on the defense though, the offense didn't show up til the game was all but over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If you told me before the game the Broncos would have the ball for approx 1 qtr longer then the Pats then I would have went and put big money down on the Broncos.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you told me before the game the Broncos would have the ball for approx 1 qtr longer then the Pats then I would have went and put big money down on the Broncos.

[/QUOTE]

You missed the point TFB -- the Pats should have scored 27 points against this D? Horrible game plan and playcalling by McDumbass! I mean 3rd and 3 on the Pats second Possession with the score 3-0 and they throw a bomb to Slater? WOW!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

should went to the Brown head coach job.  At least O'Brien is decent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You missed the point TFB -- the Pats should have scored 27 points against this D? Horrible game plan and playcalling by McDumbass! I mean 3rd and 3 on the Pats second Possession with the score 3-0 and they throw a bomb to Slater? WOW!!

[/QUOTE]

No, didn't miss the point.  It was just a bad game over all.  Both sides of the ball looked bad today. 

Denver could have put up over 30 if they wanted to, instead they controlled the clock... they had the ball for 11+ more minutes for crying out loud.  That is almost a full QTR longer.

You have to remember the last time the Pats played the Broncos the weather conditions were horrible and it was in NE.  This game at Denver and temps in the 50's come on, the Broncos didn't break all kinds of records this season because they suck.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That the Pats would hold the Broncos to 26 points BEFORE the game started - how many Pats fans would have shelled out 100 dollars on the Pats? I would have!

[/QUOTE]

Depends if you told me there would be 15 total possessions in the game. The Broncos average drive was 9 plays and 60 yards. That includes their first that ended in a punt and their last that end with them running out the clock.

The Patriots average closed to 14 possessions per game this year, meaning they scored them amount per drive that they usually do. Denver just kept the ball out of their hands. It was the first Giants Super Bowl all over again. The game was low scoring because Denver wanted it to be low scoring. The defense may have actually had it's worst game of the season.