If I was a conspiracy theorist this would seem suspicious another undefeated team on the NFL network

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If I was a conspiracy theorist this would seem suspicious another undefeated team on the NFL network

This is a little long but I found this intersting.

This week the NFL network has scheduled both undefeated teams to play exclusively on it's network.  It is another brilliantly scheduled game in a long line of games since the network began.  Picking end of season blockbusters has become more predictable than a 4th quarter pass interference call for the Colts.

2006 was the NFL network debut and they began showing thursday night games and a couple of saturday games.  The Network didn't really take off because many cable and sattelite companies wouldn't buy it.  It's reasonable to say that the NFL picks it's thursday games based on how popular they feel those games should be, but thier streak of picking games has been nothing short of incredible if not historic.

Thier final 2 games include 2 playoff teams NY Giants and KC.  KC needs the win to get a wildcard and ulimately gets both.  The Giants face the Redskins and win the final wildcard slot.  Wildcard games are decided on thier network, despite these amazing games the network struggles to go mainstream and needs something or it may fold.

The NFL networks final game of the season is a week 17 matchup between NE and NY Giants.  This game turns out to be a preview of the Super bowl which adds to the drama of the SB.  NE is trying to complete the first 16-0 season ever and is challenged by a big market NY team.  This game became is so popular that there is outrage that most of the country can't see it, because they don't have NFL network.  Many people change thier TV provider to Directv just to get the game.  After anyone who would want the game enough to change has subscribed, the day before the game they decide to show it on the networks so they can maximize the money from the large TV audience.  The NFL network becomes relevant.

Thier final 2 games include Baltimore who is fighting for a wildcard spot along with the Colts.  The Colts finish 11-5 in year when 10-6 would not be good enough.  The Ravens face the Jaguars and are the other team that that faces a meaningful wilcard game.  They finish second in thier division and get the last wildcard with a 12-4 record, and go to the AFC championship.  Once again Wildcard games are decided on the new network.

Another amazing stroke of luck.  Two undefeated teams in Week 15.  The week 15 Thursday game has the undefeated Colts taking on a Jacksonville team looking to get a wildcard spot.  Despite a 7-9 season followed by a 8-8 season the NFL network schedules the Saints for a week 15 matchup at Dallas who is stuggling to make the playoffs.  Thier final game will include San Diego who is on fire and taking on the surging Titans.  If Denver beats Oakland and San Diego loses to Cincinnati this week this game could be a fight for the division and the playoffs.

Only three teams have ever gone into week 15 undefeated in the last 37 years, the NFL network has scheduled them all to play exclusively on thier network.  While choosing playoff teams year to year is difficult the NFL network seems to be able to pick them with incredible accuracy.  Thier last 2 games of the season have had playoff teams every year since the network began and are some of the most meaningful and highly anticipated games ever. 

If you were to write a script on how to get a stuggling network started you couldn't do any better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Re: If I was a conspiracy theorist this would seem suspicios

It doesn't matter who's on the schedule. The few times I've seen the NFL Network, it was lousy. The broadcasters and "analysts" are idiots, which seems to be standard operating procedure. If possible, it's worse than CBS and FOX.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: If I was a conspiracy theorist this would seem suspicious

Please find the new book "Personal Foul" through interlibrary loan or down at any big box bookstore.  The author, an NBA ref who had his own action on the games through a friend, and who later worked for mobsters, accuses the NBA of throwing playoff games for the sole purpose of extending each series.  More games bring in more advertising revenue.

It's not whether you're a conspiracy theorist or not.  It's which conspiracies, and why.  My rule of thumb is that I don't believe in any conspiracy where the planners aren't self-serving bungling boobs to some extent.  That's human nature.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

You can tell a lot about someone by the conspiracies they believe.  Sure there are conspiracies, but for every real conspiracy there are probably dozens (if not more) of others explained by mere coincidence, incorrect "facts", fake Internet data, or simple human nature.  

I think the refs and the Colts fall into the latter.  "IF" Polian is indeed a very vocal member of the competition committee, and "IF" that committee has some sort of influence over the refs above and beyond the mere passage of rules, then it would be simple human nature for some refs to behave friendly towards them.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: If I was a conspiracy theorist this would seem suspicious:
    [QUOTE]You can tell a lot about someone by the conspiracies they believe.  Sure there are conspiracies, but for every real conspiracy there are probably dozens (if not more) of others explained by mere coincidence, incorrect "facts", fake Internet data, or simple human nature.   I think the refs and the Colts fall into the latter.  "IF" Polian is indeed a very vocal member of the competition committee, and "IF" that committee has some sort of influence over the refs above and beyond the mere passage of rules, then it would be simple human nature for some refs to behave friendly towards them.  
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]
    I would agree, I don't believe either is a conspiracy.  I agree on the PI, I think it's a matter of unintentional friendly calls.  I just saw the preview for the 2 undefeated games on NFL network and remembered the 2007 Pats undefeated games so I looked up the info.  I was surprised I haven't heard about it because it  does sound suspicious. 
    I think you could agree that the network the NFL owns managing to shedule all the undefeated teams at the end of the year is extraodinarily lucky.  Sorry to stir the pot but I'm bored at home watching the kids today.

Sections
Shortcuts