If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/08/did-saints-benefit-from-an-illegal-block-in-the-back/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Re: If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss

In Response to If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss:

I'm curious. If Patriot's fans are inferior as fans, as you enjoy pointing out, why do you keep showing up?

I mean, it's obvious that you're having difficulty finding that "football talk" you're searching for.

If Colts fans are superior as a fan base, I would think you'd be able to find oodles of football talk on one of their sites.

Wouldn't that spare you the indignity of having to interact with low-life Patriot's fans?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

I love how the Colts, who benefit from ref help nearly EVERY GAME, are complaing now.  I wonder if the rule changes Polian wants to now introduce (you know something will need to be changed to help the Colts win again) will be in effect in 2011 or 2012...pathetic!  They get every favorable spot, drive-sustaining phantom pass interference calls, etc, and are now bitching over a block that had no bearing on the outcome of that play...what weenies!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

This is not intended for all pats fans.  Those who use excuses like this know who they are.  If you are not one of those, please disregard. 

For example - AJA is exactly one of these people, because upon starting this thread, he quickly went to his 4th and 2 card. 

The point is if you want to find excuses for losses (not explanations for why a game was lost), they are always available, and they never change the scoreboard or the record books. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

To  All:

Dogg(g) entitled this thread, "If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB loss." Then, he proceeded to post the following article:

"By the end of the day on the Monday after the Super Bowl, we've usually beaten every single topic to death. But there was a suggestion on ESPN's Pardon the Interruption today that a potentially major officiating error -- a block in the back on Tracy Porter's pick-six off Peyton Manning -- has been overlooked.

The Pardon the Interruptionmailbag segment began with the question, "Why is no one talking about the block in the back hit that Peyton took on the interception return?" ESPN then showed a replay spotlighting Saints defensive end Will Smith shoving Manning in the back as Porter ran past him for a touchdown.

It was hardly the most flagrant example of an uncalled block in the back you'll ever see, but it's a fair question: Should Smith have been flagged for blocking Manning in the back?

If Smith had been flagged, it would have significantly changed the game. Instead of being ahead 31-17, the Saints would have been up just 24-17, with the ball on their own 40-yard line and the Colts having all three timeouts. If the Colts had been able to stop the Saints there, they could have gotten the ball back down just seven points with more than two minutes left in the game.

Instead, Porter's touchdown stood, and the Saints won 31-17.

You can watch the play at NFL.com. What do you think, PFT Planet? Did the Saints benefit from a block in the back?

RESPONSE: I guess that the feeble point that Dogg(g) is trying to make here is that Patriots' fans would use this alleged non-call as an excuse for losing...LOL!!!  

Theres' a major difference between a border-line at best block in the back call...and the ridiculous, phantom PI calls that gift-wrapped Indy's 2006 AFC title win over the Pats. There'll be no "letter of apology"  forthcoming from the Commissioner's office for an obvious blown call...as there was for that hatchet job the refs did on the Pats in that 2006 game.

Finally, we all see through your veiled attempt to make an excuse for the Indy super-choke, without actually saying so. Clever, Dogg(g).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The Colts new Mascot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

It must get lonely in the cubicle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Dogg and ALL:

Sure, I'll bite.  First the "Illegal Block-in-the-Back" Rule (courtesy of a poster commenting on said hilarious article):

"The rule is if any part of the blocking player's helmet is not behind the blocked player, its not a block in the back. Even if a hand is on the back of the player. It seems clear to me that the blocking player's helmet and at least one hand (probably both) are on the front of Peyton or at the very least the side. If his head was not clearly behind, its NOT a block in the back, no matter where he put his hands. People usually don't quite understand the rule because it looks like Peyton has his back to the player, but the fact is the helmet was on his front side in the direction the play was going. Not a block in the back by rule no matter where Peyton was touched. And again, it looks like for the most part contact was on the side and front anyways. Perfectly correct non-call."

~Second...overall trully great further premise within said article:

IF the "right" call is made, Saints are on their own 40 yard line, And WHEN the colts stop them of course, on a 3 and out, THEN (as the score is now only 24-17) the colts get the ball back with 2 minutes...no, OVER 2 minutes to go (considering The Saints obviously passed on more than 1 of their downs...both incomplete), THEN, since the 1 running down The Saints had was for zero yards, and The Saints obviously shanked their punt, the Colts get the ball back...let's say on The Colt's own 30 yard line (healthy 25 yard punt and 5 yard return by the colts), THEN Peyton completely regains his team's momentum and self-composure, And THEN drives the colts to the winnin-err, I mean tying touchdown (with the no-brainer extra point), And Finally, THEN-In Overtime, The Colts win the coin-toss (OR hold the saints #1 offense to a yet another mere 3 and out, if saints won the coin-toss) And THEN win the now, sudden-death contest...(and all this is even more completely feasible because the colts had 3 time outs to ensure that regulation tying td...before their OT win of course).

~Yup...FIRST game this year where the referees, Do Not hand the least-penalized team in the Regular Season AND Postseason some extra opportunities on WHOever their opponent happens to be (although the Pats I believe, lol...in their 1 playoff game-had 1 less penalty than the colt's playoff gameS, but it was for more overall penalty yards). 

~And NOW, The Colt's Fans, due to the referees actually letting the player's play, and actually being consistent with their "non"-calls (I should say complete "failed" calls though, which were only "failed" calls against only the colts too) throughout The Superbowl game...NOW, The Colt's Fans (and sadly, apparently some of their personell, owners, former coaches, or whomever)-ARE Up In Arms regarding The Officiating?!?  IF it helps you in any sort of way dogg, I have zero doubt that this will be, in some form or fashion, taken care off in the end (to the betterment of the whole league)...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss:
    This is not intended for all pats fans.  Those who use excuses like this know who they are.  If you are not one of those, please disregard.  For example - AJA is exactly one of these people, because upon starting this thread, he quickly went to his 4th and 2 card.  The point is if you want to find excuses for losses (not explanations for why a game was lost), they are always available, and they never change the scoreboard or the record books. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Sorry, I keep forgetting you don't like to answer tough questions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

In Response to Re: If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss:
    This is not intended for all pats fans.  Those who use excuses like this know who they are.  If you are not one of those, please disregard.  For example - AJA is exactly one of these people, because upon starting this thread, he quickly went to his 4th and 2 card.  The point is if you want to find excuses for losses (not explanations for why a game was lost), they are always available, and they never change the scoreboard or the record books. 
    Posted by underdoggg

You are truly a moron...find in my post where I said "4th and 2" anywhere? Are you inferring it from "favorable spots"? Because there have been many more, besides 4th and 2, the Colts benefit from.  Not to mention more motion (and men in motion) at the line of scrimmage on offense I've ever seen...and never getting called for false starts...

I guess when you root for a loser, you have to have loser excuses, LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Hey all,

The Indianapolis Colts have far better fans than the Patriots....all 11 of them

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

STILL WHINING. PATHETIC.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

weren't you whining yesterday about colts threads on this board? Here you are again today starting a new one. Are you sure leon and you weren't from the same litter? Get a clue loser. Attacking Brady and the Pats with their 14-4 playoff record and 3 rings doen't make the Dolts any better

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If I were a colts fan, here's how I would handle the SB Loss.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/10/pereira-says-emphasis-on-illegal-contact-didnt-seem-logical/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

My friends it is all in good fun, right? 

Have a happy Abraham Lincoln Birthday tomorrow. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

My friends it is all in good fun, right?  Have a happy Abraham Lincoln Birthday tomorrow. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Just good natured ribbing and nobody is a better sport than you! That's why everyone loves you here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Losers make excuses. Winners give credit to teamates.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

The non call actually worked to the Colts' advantage.  Had the call been made, the Saints would still have had the ball and since Brees was making all his throws, there was an excellent chance that the Saints would have scored anyway, and in doing so used up much of the time remaining on the clock.  Instead, because they scored off the interception, the Colts still had time to score and, if they succeeded, try an onside kick.  So in fact, the non call was probably deliberate, in order to help the Colts out. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss:

So, let me get this straight - you are trying to say that some Pats fans would make excuses if this huge SB loss was by the Pats even as you point to a story about colts fans making excuses about a huge SB loss.

Also, you are implying that you aren't one to make excuses even while pointing to a story about the potential for the game ending differently based on an excuse. So you are, in effect, making excuses.

Did I get that right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

UD,
    I see what you're getting at, but there is a difference (Other than Laz's point about the rule).  On almost every play you can slo-mo and fing penalties like holding or illegal contact away from the ball.  There are not enough refs to watch all 22 players.  Many players (especially offensive lineman) are experts at holding without getting caught.  In a perfect world nothing would ever get missed but the more aggregious problem is when they miss a play that involves the ball.  Several refs and (and all fans) are watching the ball so missing a call is really inexcusable.  These plays would be catches, PI, fumbles, etc.  So to go back after a big play and rewind your DVR and point to some penalty not involving the ball is kind of silly because both teams could do that and find plenty throughout the game.

My second point is on how you handle the SB loss.  Imagine if the Colts coming off one of their best years ever (except for the loss in the SB), and being favorites for next years SB, come out for their first game next year and Manning gets injured and misses the entire year.  Wouldn't that feel like somebody kicking you while you're down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Did the Giants benefit from Sean Ohara's facemask of Richard Seymour on Eli's incredible escape? Yes, but there's nothing that can be done about it now. BTW, that's the trivia question answer to how Eli was able to escape. Probably the worst officiating gafts ever considering what was on the line.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Its funny how I saw the exact same thing happen on 02-03-2008. It involved an o-lineman pushing a d-lineman in the back as said d-lineman was about to sack a certain QB, who because of that, was able to throw up a prayer which resulted in, according to NFL.com, ESPN ect., the greatest catch ever made in NFL history. Get over it doggg, the rest of Patriot nation has. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Its funny how I saw the exact same thing happen on 02-03-2008. It involved an o-lineman pushing a d-lineman in the back as said d-lineman was about to sack a certain QB, who because of that, was able to throw up a prayer which resulted in, according to NFL.com, ESPN ect., the greatest catch ever made in NFL history. Get over it doggg, the rest of Patriot nation has. 
    Posted by Rodimus77

I just pointed out the most flagrant foul during that play. There was a lot more going on. It should have been a flag fest, but they would have run out of flags. Hopefully the NFL has made that in to a video of how not to officiate a play, but they wouldn't make that public because they would have to admit they screwed up. That's just not Goodell's way. All of his employees are perfect. I didn't realize that Olympus was located inside the NFL headquarters. Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Underdogggggggg,

The only way that you could POSSSIBLY be a huge Colts fan is if you belong to like a dozen boards that are FOR Colts fans. That's the only way that you could justify all this attention you pay to the Patriots.

You have joined and re-joined this board several times in order to attack us and our team. Some people here find your comments to be amusing and beneficial, but all this attention that you give to this forum is just too creepy.

Some say that one who is blatantly homophobic is often gay themselves. Using this logic, does that make you a closet Pats fan?

Sections
Shortcuts