If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Re: If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss

I don't know which is worse a gloating troll or a whimpering troll. Luckily we have Dogg illustrating both depending on the time of the season. I wonder how he feels about Mr Good Sport throwing his coaches and offensive line under the bus then letting Polian drive it over them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss:

Well, who cares how Pats FANS would have handled it. How would the Pats have handled it? Would BB call out his O-Line like he did after Super Bowl 42? Oh wait, he didn't. 

Look man, the Colts are great and all. They kick butt in the regular season and have lots of talent. But man, that team has a tendency to whine. Sorry, it starts at the top and Polian is the BIGGEST whiner out there. That is probably why Pats fans can't stand the Colts. 

Say what you will about Belichick, but he never publicly criticizes his players. Nor does Brady. Can you say the same about Polian and Manning?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from philbert. Show philbert's posts

Doggg,
    Let's end all this illegal block in back nonsense once and for all time. Review the video below at the 2:00 mark.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d8164940d/Manning-s-legacy

Then tell us if that is still an illegal block in the back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss:
    My friends it is all in good fun, right?Posted by underdoggg

LOL, and now good find your girlfreind coltsbabe,and have a couple pitchers with her at freddie taver and she might start looking good, and pick up a bag of oreos too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrAJA. Show DrAJA's posts

In Response to Re: If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss:
    Its funny how I saw the exact same thing happen on 02-03-2008. It involved an o-lineman pushing a d-lineman in the back as said d-lineman was about to sack a certain QB, who because of that, was able to throw up a prayer which resulted in, according to NFL.com, ESPN ect., the greatest catch ever made in NFL history. Get over it doggg, the rest of Patriot nation has. 
    Posted by Rodimus77

Right on...but back then, we were whining, and now all of a suddent the Colts are correct...to hell with the Colts!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

For starters in his post game press conference Brady would have taken the blame for his pick 6 to LOSE the game...as opposed to another guy who callled it a good play by the interceptor absolving himself of throwing a bad pass....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

For starters in his post game press conference Brady would have taken the blame for his pick 6 to LOSE the game...as opposed to another guy who callled it a good play by the interceptor absolving himself of throwing a bad pass....
    Posted by ccsjl

You've nailed it, my friend. Brady would have blamed himself, and moved on. But, Peyton chooses to blame others. Perhaps thats' the reason why Brady usually comes up big in the big games, and Peyton doesn't. With Peyton, the buck never stops with him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Dear Underooooos.  Heres the deal.  Little Oreo licker (ELI) benefited from a HELLACIOUS non call for O line holding on "The Catch"  in which Seymour's jersey is pulled away from his body by about 2 feet while he strains to grasp Eli.  AND Eli was clearly "in the grasp" on that play.  We didn't get the call.  We lost the Superbowl, and our so called "perfect season".  NOW you know how it feels to have a call go AGAINST you.  It happens.  Here is how I plan to deal with the Colts SB loss"  ENJOY THE LIVING SH.IT OUT OF IT!   WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO THIS IS THE BEST!  FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN WATCHING MANNING DUCK HIS HEAD AND WALK OFF!  WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

but i just watched part of that video, and am reminded of how much i despise steve marriuci.  i dont like deion, or irving for that matter, but i swear mooch never says ANYTHING of any value. EVER. he's just pathetic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

dogg...   no doubt, there was plenty of moaning, groaning, whining and "what ifs" here when the Pats lost SB42.  Bottom line, though, is "get over it, it is a game!"  There will be no re-writing the history books nor asterisks being added.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriothead22. Show Patriothead22's posts

I don't want to here bs like this from Colts fans.  It's actually quite hilarious that they are complaining about this call. 

First of all, that wasn't illegal block in the back because Manning never really had position to make the play.  Second, he wouldn't have tackled him anyways, because porter could have just outran him to his left (no one else was within 20 yards).

And most importantly of all, this is the first (if this even counts) time I have ever seen the Colts on the short end of the stick of an officiating call.

How about the 2006-2007 Championship game?  CBS still has never released footage of that Roughing the passer call on Peyton Manning.  I've yet to see it anyways.  It was a PHANTOM call.  Pass interference on Troy Brown?  I don't know who was stupider there, the officials or Phil Simms...

Watching this just makes me sick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23oEg5ljBkY&feature=related

I also love how if you type "Phantom Roughing the Passer" into google, the first four links, including a video, all refer to Peyton Manning.

Aside from the Colts, how about the Patriots getting screwed with the blatant off. pass interference not called against Amani Toomer?  Or most importantly of all, the "Who can commit the most holding penalties game" by the Giants' offensive line. 

Colts lost because Manning choked again. 

Manning 9-9 postseason
    Brady 14-4 postseason

Nuff said

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

http://www.eagletribune.com/pusports/local_story_039030558.html?keyword=secondarystory

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JasonVorhees. Show JasonVorhees's posts

In Response to If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss:
    [QUOTE]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/08/did-saints-benefit-from-an-illegal-block-in-the-back/
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

Whiner.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Went away for a few days.  Good to see that the colts still have a significant presence on this board without me. 

Ok, so the season is over.  We are both fans of loser teams (one more than the other).  Time to look forward and discuss what the future may bring. 

Now, this may seem like calling you guys out and to some degree it is, but we are all fans and there is no shame in ithat.  Last year you guys were big time excited about the pats many free agent acquisitions.  Based on many of the comments, most of these guys did not perform to your expectations.  So, what now? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

UD, I'd like to hear what you think of the Manning/Brady comparison after that performance. He had a great running game, he had tons of protection and still couldn't get it done. Looked to me like the old happy feet Peyton showed up on cue to me.

I haven't run a side by side comparison but my guess is Peyton's slightly ahead except for the three rings. So, how would you compare them? If you're going to say 1A/1B tell me which one you think is 1A.

As far as the Pats next year, personally I think they need one more year. If they can keep this core team together and use this years picks and the Oakland pick (which looks like it'll be a top three pick based on their schedule) I see them taking it again in 2011. 
    Keep in mind when I say one more year I mean a division title just not enough for everything. 

and btw, that was one of the few calls they didn't get this year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Sam - I am sure you will not be surprised that I completely disagree with you.  Manning did everything right in that game except throw that pick.  The issue with plays like that is they are timing plays.  Reggie Wayne has been targeted for running a poor route, which is possible, but Manning also credited Porter for his awareness of the play.  Even if Porter was onto the play, if Wayne had cut more or Manning had thrown it more to Wayne instead of leading him, then there would have been no int even if no first down would have been accomplished. 

As for the running game.  the colts had some good runs, but when it really mattered and the backs got the call, they could not get it done.  IMO, the most critical series of the game was the colts final drive of the first half.  The d had just stopped the Saints on 4 downs inside the 2 yd line and the colts had the ball back.  One first down was all that was needed.  The colts ran 3 times and could not get it, allowing the Saints the momentum building opportunity to get points (which they did) before the end of the half. 

I think these guys are equally as good overall and one or the other has a better year in a given year.  I also think they have different strengths.  For example, I think Manning is better at the line reading the defense.  I think Brady is a better pure passer.  I'd be happy with either one.  I do think Brady faces some problems going forward.  There are personnel issues.  I also think Brady has a problem "over-targeting" only Moss and Welker.  I think Manning had this issue in the past.  When you have receivers that are as great as Brady has, how do you not target them, but if you can find your TE or 3rd, then I think the offense becomes more potent.   

As for the call - I was just having fun.  I think many pats fans have turned to excuses in the wake of the many seasons without a superbowl victory.  Its to be expected when you come to expect the kind of success the pats have had.  The things that pats fans have accused other teams of doing, they are now doing the same.  

Pats fans have a lot to be thankful for, as do I.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

As a Pat's fan, I handled the Colts SB loss with a cheer and a beer.  I am way over the Pats loss in the SB two years ago.  Beer helped in that case also, funny, I wonder why that is...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Do you REALLY think Manning was going to make the tackle in the open field against the much faster and more agile Porter?

Was anybody else nearby so that having Manning slow Porter down would have altered the outcome of the play by allowing that other pursuer to make the tackle?

I tend to say "no" to both of these questions.  I think this is absurdly condescending for someone to say when even Indianapolis' own local newspaper thought the pass interference call in the second Texans game was dubious at best (they stated that the Colts couldn't keep counting on questionable pass interference calls if they were going to stay undefeated).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

One thing we can be sure of dogg, next years gonna be a lot more fun when the Colts come back to Foxboro.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Went away for a few days.  Good to see that the colts still have a significant presence on this board without me.  Ok, so the season is over.  We are both fans of loser teams (one more than the other).  Time to look forward and discuss what the future may bring.  Now, this may seem like calling you guys out and to some degree it is, but we are all fans and there is no shame in ithat.  Last year you guys were big time excited about the pats many free agent acquisitions.  Based on many of the comments, most of these guys did not perform to your expectations.  So, what now? 
    Posted by underdoggg

Correction - You are a fan of a loser team that that needs to change the rules so they don't get hit, quit under the pressure of an undefeated season and then got beaten handily in the SB. We are fans of a great organization that lost in the playoffs.

This distinction is not fine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I would rather my team go into the super bowl undefeated and lose, than tank two games in the regular season like cowards and then have their azzes handed to them in the superbowl like the colts did.

at leasy brady drove his team down the field and scored a TD to take the lead, in mannings case he couldn't even tie the game up as he threw a pick-6

i think by now you have a little humilty before you come on this board and try to start comparing a team that choked all decade long to a team that became a dynasty

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Nick - interesting question - to answer, I don't know if Manning was going to make the tackle.  I don't know if someone else was around to make the tackle.  I am not sure what these answers have to do with anything, but as for condescension, that is a word, that I believe is apporpriately attached to your coaches treatment of others.   

Root - Wrong again.  The application of winner or loser as loosely defined on this board puts the pats squarely in the loser catagory as well.  You specifically are a fan of an organization that has not yet completed the task without the benefit of illicit video. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Nick - interesting question - to answer, I don't know if Manning was going to make the tackle.  I don't know if someone else was around to make the tackle.  I am not sure what these answers have to do with anything, but as for condescension, that is a word, that I believe is apporpriately attached to your coaches treatment of others.    Root - Wrong again.  The application of winner or loser as loosely defined on this board puts the pats squarely in the loser catagory as well.  You specifically are a fan of an organization that has not yet completed the task without the benefit of illicit video. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Wrong, Keebler, Wrongo.

The Pats lost a playoff. That doesn't make them losers. Football teams lose games all the time. With the exception of one SB winner, every SB winner has lost a game. The Pats are a winning organization.

The Colts quit and can't win without changing the rules - that makes them losers.