If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss

LOL - Root - I see where you are going with this. 

It's funny how the whole cheating organization comment went right past you as if you did not see it.  Very convenient blinders.  If, to you, cheating doesn't define a team as a loser, then you possess an entirely different set of issues that is in some serious need of treatment.

Beyond that, you seem to be suggesting that since the colts rested their starters to position themselves for a better playoff run that they are losers.  Since the pats have also done this, don't they also fall into this catagory?  Why single out the colts?  

As for the rules changes - The Colts didn't change any NFL rules.  The NFL does that.  Of course, you know this, but you are one of those guys that likes to use semantics to see what you can get away with. 

Good Day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

In Response to Re: If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss:
    Nick - interesting question - to answer, I don't know if Manning was going to make the tackle.  I don't know if someone else was around to make the tackle.  I am not sure what these answers have to do with anything, but as for condescension, that is a word, that I believe is apporpriately attached to your coaches treatment of others.    Root - Wrong again.  The application of winner or loser as loosely defined on this board puts the pats squarely in the loser catagory as well.  You specifically are a fan of an organization that has not yet completed the task without the benefit of illicit video. 
    Posted by underdoggg

And you are a fan of an organization that had to change the rules in order to win your one measly super bowl, and a fan of a big time choker QB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Sam - don't remember you asking this.  probably just missed it, but I'll give you my thoughts. 

1) I don't think the video issue had anything to do with offensive play calls which were delivered via mic to a speaker in the QB's helmet.  As for why they cover their mouth's, I imagine they don't want a defensive player to reading their lips.  

2) the issue with the videoing had to do with capturing the defensive play signals.  The rules allow for the opposition to attempt to steal signals via less advanced methods than video, such as binoculars and pen and paper, but such a method creates a significant margin for error.  With video, there is no margin for error AND that video can be spliced with the coaches tape so that the signal can be matched to the following play allowing the coaches and players to develop an understanding of what the defensive call may be.  With memorization, these signals can effectively be deciphered on the field. 

Finally, Sam - You have hit the nail on the head.  The only reason that I bring this up is because some want to accuse Polian of things.  All of these accusations seem incredibly benign when you compare them to Belichick's systemic subversion of the rules for more than 5 years.   

I'd be happy not to bring up Belichick's sordid past, but there are too many here who wish to trash the Polian for the things he's done within the rules, that, when they do, I consider it my responsibility to remind them of their hypocrisy given their blind support for Belichick who so willfully chose to operate outside of those same rules.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Sam - As I recall, Belichick said publicly he did it from his first days in NE.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Sam - the only coach I heard saying they did this was Jimmy Johnson.  Maybe more did it.  I don't know.  I don't know when the rule was on the books so maybe it was only illegal for 1 year, but I doubt it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Doggg
    Perhaps you were unaware that the Jets were taping the Pats game after the edict came down from the commissioner but the Pats did not make a federal case out of it. I will give you credit for unmitigated gall to say that what Belichick did was more important than Polian who controlled the ref's with his points of emphasis to help hsi wimpy wide outs.  Not to mention the Colts custom of throwing games to their pals every year. Of course it is the utmost hypocricy for a city and its citizens that has to steal a team in the dead of night to claim any moral position. The real Colts were and will always be the the Baltimore Colts. It is a shame that the League failed to keep their honorable name like they did for the Browns from theives like Indy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: If I were some Patriot fans, here's how I would handle the SB Loss:
    The real Colts were and will always be the the Baltimore Colts.Posted by flasox

Hail Johnny U.

Yes, Indy should have left Baltimore the colors, name and team history as baltimore was more of a true NFL city than Indy. Similar situation in Cleveland at least Modell did the right thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

To this day I still don't have a clue what the rules are on taping.  I remember watching the game after Spygate and there was a cameraman on the sidelines in an orange vest.  The announcers pointed it out and said "this is legal, each home team can have something like 3 cameras to film game footage but the away team has to get permission to use camera's."  I kept waiting for an in depth article explaining what the filming rules were, who could tape where etc. 
    Why and how are people still taping from the sidelines legally? 
    What good are any of the rules on filming when anybody including the teams can tape from a pressbox? 
    Is there a rule about what you can tape or is it just where you can tape?  Why can't some journalist do a little research and answer these questions instead of giving tarded opinion pieces?

Sections
Shortcuts