If I'm Matt Patricia, here's what I would do...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

If I'm Matt Patricia, here's what I would do...

1) Stick Talib In Boldin's pocket and leave him there for the whole game.

2) Tell McCourty, in no uncertain terms, his well-being is tied directly to being sure neither Smith or Jones make a big time, over the top, down the field play.

3) Stress containment regarding the running game to the front 7. Do NOT let Rice get outside, and don't over-commit. Bottle him up and wait for the troops.

Why? Baltimore has a big play/quick strike offense. They are NOT good at maintaining long drives. Flacco/the OC will get impatient and start to force things. When they start to force it, the turnovers will flow.

In a nutshell...that's it! I think if they can take away, or at least limit the big play, and do a decent job against Rice, Baltimore is TOAST! And by 'decent' job, I'm fine with Rice carrying 25 times for 100 yards. If he start to approach 5-6 ypc, it could be a long day as McCourty won't be able to focus on #2 above. I think Wilfork/Spikes/Mayo/Ninkovich/Hightower/Gregory will do well, and Pats roll by 14+.

Vegas didn't get built by losing, and they put the spread at 9.5. Thier D is old AND hurt, and Flacco is going for 3 straight good games...which I'm fairly certain would be a career first for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: If I'm Matt Patricia, here's what I would do...

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

2) Tell McCourty, in no uncertain terms, his well-being is tied directly to being sure neither Smith or Jones make a big time, over the top, down the field play.

3) Stress containment regarding the running game to the front 7. Do NOT let Rice get outside, and don't over-commit. Bottle him up and wait for the troops.

Why? Baltimore has a big play/quick strike offense. They are NOT good at maintaining long drives. Flacco/the OC will get impatient and start to force things. When they start to force it, the turnovers will flow.

In a nutshell...that's it! I think if they can take away, or at least limit the big play, and do a decent job against Rice, Baltimore is TOAST! And by 'decent' job, I'm fine with Rice carrying 25 times for 100 yards. If he start to approach 5-6 ypc, it could be a long day as McCourty won't be able to focus on #2 above. I think Wilfork/Spikes/Mayo/Ninkovich/Hightower/Gregory will do well, and Pats roll by 14+.

Vegas didn't get built by losing, and they put the spread at 9.5. Thier D is old AND hurt, and Flacco is going for 3 straight good games...which I'm fairly certain would be a career first for him.

Didn't Vegas also have Denver as 9/9.5 last week against the Ravens? Just sayin...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Didn't Vegas also have Denver as 9/9.5 last week against the Ravens? Just sayin...

^^^^^agreeed. Also see SB 2001. I think the underdog won that game. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If you're Patricia, here's what you should do; sit down and enjoy the start of your vacation because Belichick usually schemes for the Defense in the NFCCG/Superbowl. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

If you're Patricia, here's what you should do; sit down and enjoy the start of your vacation because Belichick usually schemes for the Defense in the NFCCG/Superbowl. 

exactly and for the rest of the year

patricia calls bbs defense

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

smith is the deep threat. boldin catcehs more balls. whoever talib is not on is a risk.

i dont know if i trust dennard on smith.

maybe try dennard on boldin to start gaem or see how it goes.

if however, flacco cannmot complete a bomb to the left (which i think is suspect, i would not chance it), you put talib on that side for the game regardless as to who is there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I think there are good suggestions, here. One thing I would add is that Flacco may not see a lot of open intermediate routes, so keeping an eye on Ray Rice as a receiver out of the backfield is critical. The Pats did a pretty good job on Arian Foster as a rusher last game, but as a receiver he burned us several times.

Also, need to find a way to get a little more pressure on Flacco. Nink was manhandled by the Ravens' huge right tackle in the regular season matchup. May have to mix in more Cunningham or Trevor Scott on passing downs to create new looks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

I think there are good suggestions, here. One thing I would add is that Flacco may not see a lot of open intermediate routes, so keeping an eye on Ray Rice as a receiver out of the backfield is critical. The Pats did a pretty good job on Arian Foster as a rusher last game, but as a receiver he burned us several times.

Also, need to find a way to get a little more pressure on Flacco. Nink was manhandled by the Ravens' huge right tackle in the regular season matchup. May have to mix in more Cunningham or Trevor Scott on passing downs to create new looks.

"Also, need to find a way to get a little more pressure on Flacco. Nink was manhandled by the Ravens' huge right tackle in the regular season matchup"

agreed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoisesBiggestPatsFan. Show BoisesBiggestPatsFan's posts

I so want to see an errant throw or two from Flacco that end up INT's

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

Ray Rice is a great reciever as well as a runner. If they can't contain him early it will be a long long night. The Ravens should have less stamina than the Pats but if Rice can help the Ravens sustain long drives the Pats will lose that huge advantage. I know it's the championship game but the Ravens played a brutal game last saturday while the Pats had a relative laugher in comparison. The Pats need to survive that emotional first quarter Raven's onslaught and wear them out in the 2nd and 3rd quarter with the hurry up. It probably willnot be easy but the Pats are the better team, better rested and playing at home.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Dennis Pitta went 5 for 50 with 1 TD and 5 for 41 with 1 TD in the last two matchups. He's worth paying attention to.

Sections
Shortcuts