If It Ain't So Complicated - Release Tebow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

If It Ain't So Complicated - Release Tebow

If Tebow is here to play QB, then the Patriots should simply let him go.  IMO, when it comes down to the final roster - I'd rather have depth at other positions vs. carry a 3rd QB.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2013/07/29/patriots-talking-points-tim-tebow-may-catching-passes-but-strictly/z4YQiR4URelf49tnnIYWPM/story.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: If It Ain't So Complicated - Release Tebow

What's your hurry? The Patriots have another month to get from 90 to 53 players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm a bit with digger on this one. He's the 90th man and I don't see him making the team but with all the bad press they've gotten lately it doesn't hurt to have a media darling on the team until cut down day. Usually the 90th spot is an extra kicker/punter anyways. Now if he makes the 53man roster well that's a different story

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ben Volin @BenVolin 6m

All of these people are waiting for the autograph of one person http://ow.ly/i/2JUO4  #Tebow

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ben Volin @BenVolin 5m

45 minutes later, Tebow and Mallett are STILL signing. Someone wants their orange Tebow Broncos jersey signed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

What's your hurry? The Patriots have another month to get from 90 to 53 players.

Put it another way, no one else wants him. The Patriots can always sign him later. Wouldn't it be worth adding depth in other areas? He's unlikely to supplant Mallet as #2. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to digger0862's comment:

[QUOTE]

Put it another way, no one else wants him. The Patriots can always sign him later. Wouldn't it be worth adding depth in other areas? He's unlikely to supplant Mallet as #2. 

[/QUOTE]

If you really think about it, 40 people are essentially locks to make the team and I know anyone can be cut at any time but really there's less than a dozen open spots in reality. you have 50 players competing for those dozen spots and there's a large handful that have the leg up over everyone else. BB does bring in camp bodies just to be bodies and to provide a bit of a push to some of those fringe players that might make the PS. Spending a 90th spot on Tebow for PR purposes is most likely more useful than some of the players they'd have on the roster for a week at a time before cutting them for the next weekly body. If they really need someone to push Mallett they'd bring in some real talent to push him and not have extra punters/kickers/LS's on the 90man squad

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No one has any idea what's going on with this guy.  Clearly he's not around to be a QB, so what's the deal?  No idea.

But hey, with the Pats image in the toilet right now, it's good  to have any reason for anyone outside of the hardcore fans to have nice things to say.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I said it before.  He's here to sell jerseys and create interest in pre-season games. He's a revenue stream.  

Plus, they need three QBs in camp, and he can be that third practice guy just as well as any other QB. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Most teams have 4-5 quarterbacks in camp; the Pats only have 3.  Why on earth would they only carry 2 on the 90-man roster during training camp?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Belichick doesn't just bring guys to camp for them to make the team, he also brings guys to camp to get a good look at them in case the injury bug strikes and he has to sign guys late in the season, he wants to know who is out there.

In Tebow's case he was signed because some reporter insisted Belichick hated Tebow, probably also as a favor to Urban Meyer and because (I'll bet) he liked Tebow the person.  

It costs them almost nothing to bring these bodies to camp, bring as many as you like, bring as many as you can.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

And don't worry, he'll be released soon enough...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Tebow blows...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Tebow blows...

No he doesnt,  he's too afraid of girls to blow. =)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What worthless practice squad like scrub is so all important to fill that last roster spot before TT?

I mean the starters are mostly mediocre on this team. What 3rd string nobody is so valuable that we cannot get by without them?

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

And don't worry, he'll be released soon enough...

Yeah, in about 8 years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Tebow blows...

and you know this how?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

[QUOTE]

Tebow blows...

and you know this how?

[/QUOTE]

I don't, I was kidding, party pooper.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

After watching Tebow Monday night there is no spot for him on the 53 man roster unless... signing autographs becomes an important part of the game plan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

No one has any idea what's going on with this guy.  Clearly he's not around to be a QB, so what's the deal?  No idea.

But hey, with the Pats image in the toilet right now, it's good  to have any reason for anyone outside of the hardcore fans to have nice things to say.

True...any news on Tebow can't be considered bad news....especially when news on Hernandez continues to pop up now and then.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

What worthless practice squad like scrub is so all important to fill that last roster spot before TT?

I mean the starters are mostly mediocre on this team. What 3rd string nobody is so valuable that we cannot get by without them? 

is that sarcasm?....lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Oh, Oh I know this. Who is anyone not named Tim Tebow? I mean if the starters are so mediocre we need as much quality depth as possible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Oh, Oh I know this. Who is anyone not named Tim Tebow? I mean if the starters are so mediocre we need as much quality depth as possible.

a better question might be...is there anyone else available at the DE/OLB, WR, TE, DB positions that might make the team better, especially when it comes to pass rush and/or pass defense?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

a better question might be...is there anyone else available at the DE/OLB, WR, TE, DB positions that might make the team better, especially when it comes to pass rush and/or pass defense?

[/QUOTE]

nope, FA is bone dry with us having a fat wallett. Don't forget Abraham signed with Arizona

Sections
Shortcuts