If NE played Seattle in SB48 the score would be....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: If NE played Seattle in SB48 the score would be....

Think they would not have played to Seattle strengths. This game they would not have made a half baked effort at running like they did versus Denver.

To win NE would have to all show up and craft the best set of plays on the opening 2 drives. Think this is where NE lost it vs Denver in the AFC game.

IF the Pats go 3 and out both of 1rst two possentions and Seattle gets any points in answer: 38 - 13 Seattle.

IF they got 5 or more firsts downs and held Seattle scoreless first 2 possesions : 24-23 Pats.

Same against Denver in AFC championship  if they sat down the offense and told them first 2 possesions we are going to impose our will on them and run the ball. Put everything into the first two possesions..like it is the game I have no doubt NE would have at leat gotten 30-40 yards and a few first downs and in the end win the game.

Why? Almost every  offense in the NFL enjoys increasing success for every first down and every minute on the the field. If you plot time or down achived versus scoring you would be suprised how close the trajectory is for both teams even in blowouts. Now once a team gets down and is predictable and panicky like Denver vs Seattle then that goes out the window.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

[QUOTE]

I repeat: He does that stuff every week.

vs SF 10 carries, 54 yards, for example.

It's lunacy to pretend you can shutdown an athlete like that at the QB position. I could see if he couldn't throw or something, but he can.

[/QUOTE]

that's 5.4 YPC vs. 9 YPC vs our D. we could've done a better job and didnt. Wilson would've done the same thing. so in your book 9YPC and 60 yards is containing but in mine is isnt good enough to win especially when 3 of those are on third downs. Wilson would've done the same which is good in your book, bad in mine

[/QUOTE]

Oh god. Here we go. Listen, kid...Seriously. No one cares about stats.  If you take away the 24 yard scamper, it's not really different than SF allowing a healthy YPC to Newton over more carries.

7/62

10/54

Big whoop. It had little effect in terms of them winning that game. Brady got picked and we also got screwed at the end.

[/QUOTE]

You are an azs,  The 3, 3rd down conversions that led to scores had nothing to do with winning the game?

Do you watch football or just google it??   ANY one of those 3rd down conversions STOPPED would have won the game.  Too bad the D sucked so bad, as they have in every loss for the past 8 years.  Wasn't that ANOTHER 8 possession game because the D couldn't get off the field?  Does BB teach them to stay on the field?  If so, they're very good at it.

GOOD job schooling the fool, JOE!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I think the Pats could win if they avoided turnovers and got a couple of them but if the Pats turn it over 4 times like the Broncos did it would probably be the same score. If the Pats played the Seahawks 10 times the Pats would get at least 3 wins Would one of them been last Sunday? Probably not but the Seahawks lost to Arizona while having 4 ints so it's not like the Seahawks went 16-0.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

just thinking about it... dont think we would effectively stop Lynch and contain Wilson. Brady would look better than Manning because he is used to pressure but still no weapons wouldnt help.

I say 31-13 Seattle. we wouldn't have 4 turnovers like Denver but wouldnt get off the field and would do a little better than them on O

[/QUOTE]

SEAHAWKS 43 PATS 8

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

just thinking about it... dont think we would effectively stop Lynch and contain Wilson. Brady would look better than Manning because he is used to pressure but still no weapons wouldnt help.

I say 31-13 Seattle. we wouldn't have 4 turnovers like Denver but wouldnt get off the field and would do a little better than them on O

[/QUOTE]

SEAHAWKS 43 PATS 8

[/QUOTE]

So you are done pretending to be someone else.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

SEAHAWKS 43 PATS 8

[/QUOTE]

So you are done pretending to be someone else.

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what that means and don't care to find out either...i have only had two names since I have been here: Jints Fan to start and 42&46 since...thats it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I think one thing the Pats tend to do is play to the opponents weakness, sometimes to the detriment of the team (Denver's pass defense was severely thin and the Pats went pass happy despite the fact that our passing game was a weakness).

The weakness in SEA's D is the run defense (not a huge weakness though), which would have been the Patriots strength this season.

However, without Gronk, I don't think it would have been a close game. Brady would have 0 success against that pass defense. And as great as BB has been, he has been outcoached quite a few times in the playoffs in recent years( 2011 Jets game most notably). Talib also would've gotten hurt in the first Quarter (that's a given), and things would have unraveled from there.

Don'th think 43-8 would have been the score...I think the Pats would have short offensive possessions and given up long posessions...

28-10.

Seattle has 3 8 minute drives that just completely eat up the clock. Pats get a garbage TD.

Only one team could challenge Seattle playing at it's A game this season, and that was SF

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It would have been stopped in the 4th by the implementation of the no slaughter rule....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Absolutely impossible to determine.  I wouldn't even hazard a guess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

ANY given Sunday...  Tongue Out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

All I know is after the game we played them last year, Seattle really took off. Wilson made some big plays with his scrambling. Our Defense was on the field a lot in 2nd half, probably tired.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Denver torched New England and got blown out.  that looks bad right there.  If Patriots had shown the ability to put together a good gameplan I would give them a chance.... but they sucked so likely would have sucked in the SB if they didn't suck in the AFCCG.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Seattle was 3-2 when we faced them last year. In that game we had 26 1st downs to Seattle's 17. Held Lynch to 41 yds on 15 carries.
    2 big int's, plus a big intentional grounding ending the 1st half. Take out mistakes and run the ball 2nd half and we win easy.
    We weren't playing our best football either at that point.
    Still without the Gronk, I'd have to go with Seattle winning, but close. 28-24.

We totally dominated in that game and lost. 85 total plays to Seattle's 55. Still cant believe we had a drive of only 14 seconds with a 13 point lead, in 2nd half. What stupid clock management. you notice that game still haunts me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I do find this discussion somewhat intriguing in how so many, literally, feel the Pats would not have had a chance versus the Seahawks off of how they perfromed against Denver.  Why discount them so quickly?  I understand the "undermanned" position of many, but, we were all surprised at how far this group got in spite of the disapointing performance in the AFCCG where most say it all caught up with them.  My points:

#1 - Denver just wasn't as ready for what they faced.  Would BB have had the Pats better prepared?

#2 - Denver simply tried to have it's offense do what it always does.  Peyton wanted to throw, no mystery.

#3 - BB would have prepared the Pats for what is needed to win that game.

#4 - Brady had a good stat line versus that Bronco D, Wislon just maintained control and didn't have to do much.

#5 - We will never know.  We can all surmise.  Did everyone really think Seattle was that "unbeatable" going into the SB and now the impressions here make it appear this team would have rolled anyone?  So many, even here, picked the Broncos to win.

My two cents!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I do find this discussion somewhat intriguing in how so many, literally, feel the Pats would not have had a chance versus the Seahawks off of how they perfromed against Denver.  Why discount them so quickly?  I understand the "undermanned" position of many, but, we were all surprised at how far this group got in spite of the disapointing performance in the AFCCG where most say it all caught up with them.  My points:

#1 - Denver just wasn't as ready for what they faced.  Would BB have had the Pats better prepared?

#2 - Denver simply tried to have it's offense do what it always does.  Peyton wanted to throw, no mystery.

#3 - BB would have prepared the Pats for what is needed to win that game.

#4 - Brady had a good stat line versus that Bronco D, Wislon just maintained control and didn't have to do much.

#5 - We will never know.  We can all surmise.  Did everyone really think Seattle was that "unbeatable" going into the SB and now the impressions here make it appear this team would have rolled anyone?  So many, even here, picked the Broncos to win.

My two cents!

[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt that we COULD beat Seattle in a one game chance for the title. 

But the probability of us beating them IMO is 1 out of 4. Mainly be because we were so under manned. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Denver shut down Marshawn Lynch. The Pats defense wouldn't have done that so it would have been a totally different game.

One thing would have been a certainty, no turnovers from the defense.

25. This post has been removed.