If only BB would read BDC...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If only BB would read BDC...

...then he would have perhaps been clued in enough to take Robert Quinn in the draft like I suggested.

Quinn has just been rated #13 player overall by the NFL.

Thanks BB!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: If only BB would read BDC...

Belichick and the Pats miss on all draft picks. All 31 other teams nail theirs. Done flogging it to Tom Brady yet?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

2 years ago, I wanted Alshon Jeffery in the first, didnt happen

last season I wanted Kiko Alonso in the second but he didnt fall. 

But shat happens and BB's drafting has been good so I'm not complaining 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Dr. Sunshine strikes again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

...then he would have perhaps been clued in enough to take Robert Quinn in the draft like I suggested.

Thanks BB!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

yeah we should have taken Suh and the celts taken Shack. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Really? Quinn was drafted 14th...he wasn't even available at pick 17.

If the Pats "missed" on Quinn, then how do you think teams like the Titans (Jake Locker), Jaguars (Blaine Gabbert), and Vikings (Christian Ponder) feel? Those QB picks were just dandy...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Pats "missed" on Quinn, then how do you think teams like the Titans (Jake Locker), Jaguars (Blaine Gabbert), and Vikings (Christian Ponder) feel? Those QB picks were just dandy...

[/QUOTE]

I think what babe is trying to say is that we easily could of moved up because of the simple fact that we had more draft picks than anyone over that five year period. And I would probably agree with him. That is the year we had an additional pick because of SEymore and had the top selection in the second (which was considered super valuable because it was the first year the second round started a day after the first)...instead we got ourselves Rasi Dowling.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I heard a  good quote on Sirius NFL a few years ago...  When coaches start listening to the fans they'll soon find themselves sitting beside the fans on game day.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think what babe is trying to say is that we easily could of moved up because of the simple fact that we had more draft picks than anyone over that five year period. And I would probably agree with him. That is the year we had an additional pick because of SEymore and had the top selection in the second (which was considered super valuable because it was the first year the second round started a day after the first)...instead we got ourselves Rasi Dowling.  

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Ras-I pick does hurt when you look back at it...I can't deny that. The point I was trying to make was if the PAts "missed" on a guy who wasn't available at their pick, then other teams missed as well. I bet the Jaguars would kill for some Robert Quinn instead of Gabbert.

I just don't think you can pick one guy (especially one you would have to trade up for) and say "Man, the team really blew this one." Other teams could have drafted him with their pick, or other teams could have traded up for him...even if the Pats had more assets.

In addition, we don't know what the price would have been...Quinn may have been the Rams guy, and they may have not been so willing to trade back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They got a franchise LT in Nate Solder at 17, that was a great pick. What the heck, why didn't anybody else move up to take Quinn, or for that matter why didn't they all move up a little more and grab JJ Watt who went 3 spots ahead of Quinn?  Draft hindsight is for losers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

When your the smartest guy in the room it's time to move to a new room, instead BB just barricaded the door and never evolved.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Belichick and the Pats miss on all draft picks. All 31 other teams nail theirs. Done flogging it to Tom Brady yet?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Super worthless reply. You provide nothing intelligent here. I'll ignore you to save myself the burden of ever reading another stupid word of yours.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2 years ago, I wanted Alshon Jeffery in the first, didnt happen

last season I wanted Kiko Alonso in the second but he didnt fall. 

But shat happens and BB's drafting has been good so I'm not complaining 

[/QUOTE]

Our resident BBW and resident nutjob at the manor apparently doesn't know that Quinn went #14 overall.  Apparently, BB had to trade up many spots to appease Babe the scrotum swinger.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Right moron, trading up  3 spots is an insurmountable task. You're an imbecile.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks BB!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

yeah we should have taken Suh and the celts taken Shack. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Are you seriously comparing trading up 25 spots to trading up 3? Nah, you're not serious.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Right, good catch. Because moving up a few spots in the draft is so nearly impossible it's unheard of, right?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I heard a  good quote on Sirius NFL a few years ago...  When coaches start listening to the fans they'll soon find themselves sitting beside the fans on game day.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That reminds me of the quote: BB has made the playoffs once in 7 seasons without Brady.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

When your the smartest guy in the room it's time to move to a new room, instead BB just barricaded the door and never evolved.  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That's the real problem. BB isn't half as smart as he's given credit for. Mostly, he's been lucky.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dr. Sunshine strikes again.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

The truth will set you free.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What many of us hopeless homers fail to understand is that Babe's unimpeachable objectivity and keen insight make him the ideal observer of BB's foibles. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Thanks but I think I will stick with BB over Babe to run the team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Ras-I pick does hurt when you look back at it...I can't deny that. The point I was trying to make was if the PAts "missed" on a guy who wasn't available at their pick, then other teams missed as well. I bet the Jaguars would kill for some Robert Quinn instead of Gabbert.

I just don't think you can pick one guy (especially one you would have to trade up for) and say "Man, the team really blew this one." Other teams could have drafted him with their pick, or other teams could have traded up for him...even if the Pats had more assets.

In addition, we don't know what the price would have been...Quinn may have been the Rams guy, and they may have not been so willing to trade back.

[/QUOTE]

You are 100% correct. I think what I'm trying to say is that people walk around here talking like every single draft, every player we have ever brought in, traded for, signed...is solid gold. That there never was any mistakes made, which is total BS. The draft is a crap shoot - I can see that - however when you add up the draft, free agency, trades, etc, there is a picture that forms.

I think over the last 5-7 years we have had some serious issues adding players to our secondary and signing free agents that improve the team. Despite all that we win...now why is that? A few people will say it is because of the very same players I'm talking about (the Rasi Dowlings, the Patrick Chungs, the Ron Braces, the Cunninghams, the Butlers and Wheatleys, the Taylor Prices). And I could go on for an hour mentioning the free agents (the haynesworths, the Ocho Cincos, the Fanenes). I honestly think that is why we haven't won a Super Bowl in ten years.

I think they did a better job this off season acquiring free agents...the draft? That's a very big question mark in my mind. Last year's free agent class was horrendous...the year before too. We went into both of those off seasons with 25 million to spend during those off seasons and came away with virtually nothing to help this team. I know I'm a fan. I know I'm not supposed to have an opinion around here, but I'm going to anyway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

BB should have given up his entire draft and tossed in Brady if he had to, to get Quinn. Then we could have all those sacks and be just like the Rams and .... oh....wait.... no, he should have given up Brady and Patriot Place and grabbed JJ Watt, then we could be just like the Texans...ummm, let me rethink that...hey San Fran is good and they got Aldon Smith a few picks before Watt, he's perfect, he'd look good in a Walpole...er, I mean Pats unie....well, at least he didn't kill anybody...yet.

They got Nate Solder, a top notch LT, with a pick they got in trade for a guy who was out of football two years later. 

You can whine about the picks gone wrong, Dowling, Brace, etc. But, this isn't one of them. This is an old fart with too much time on his hands. Get a hobby.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts