If Paper were Stone!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

If Paper were Stone!

Im usually a knucklehead on this board with rants and foolishness, just to break up the days until Game time.
    I don't know about any of you but I have never felt so optimistic and looked forward to the Patriots season to begin as I have now.

I say, "If paper were Stone," because I see all these names of players on this team and I dont think they have ever had the older talent, mid talent and new prospect talent in one season like they do now.

Yes I want to see this offense blow the doors open from the start and run every game to 40 or more and crush the entire league. If any team has the potential, this is the one, but more than that, I can't wait to see this kid Dont'a Hightower spread his wings and flourish.
    Somehow I get the feeling he will play well beyond his years and wreak havoc, the NFL teams won't be ready for him and how to play him, and when they think they do the doors will once again be opened for the Patriot defense to make a name for themselves.
    On paper this team looks sooooooooooooo good, may we all wish from Paper to Stone!!!Yell

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: If Paper were Stone!

Yeah, they have a great mix of vets and youth. This could be one of the best Pats seasons ever, but that's on paper. Of course they didn't improve the D that much via vets (Fanene and Gregory being the biggest additions with Scott maybe being a surprise) and through the draft we are all starry eyed but we haven't seen any of them play in the pro's yet so they are still a question mark. Still I think all of us look at the new players on paper and are extremely hopeful for a much improved D.

On the O side the quality of the FA's picked up is shinning through. The competition at WR is going to be intense this year and the addition of Fells will be larger then I think most will realize. IMO though the biggest addition might be the addition of a true FB. One that can lead block for the younger FB's and help protect Brady against bigger DL. I know with all the new addition I chose the FB position as one of the most significant, but if the addition of a lead blocking FB lends itself to a better running game and thus more balanced O then that might be the single largest improvement on this team (well that and a consistent pass rush)

This is going to be a fun pre-season. I might even take some time off to watch the mini-camp's

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I think, in all honesty, the D will be somewhere in the middle of the pack. THey are still very young, and their best days are definitely ahead of them. I don't, however, think that will make an ounce of difference.

This offense is stacked beyond stacked. SOME people lightly question the OLine, but I think that group will be ferocious. The QB is unquestionable. The TEs are unquestionable. The WRs are, once again, unquestionable. The RBs are simply unproven/unknown commodities. I loved what I saw from Ridley and don't expect fumbling to be a big issue, and Vereen was the more highly regarded back coming out of college. Oh, and Josh McDaniels, the OC of the highest scoring offense in NFL history, is back at the clipboard.

This gon' be a fun ride.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to If Paper were Stone!:
    Im usually a knucklehead on this board with rants and foolishness, just to break up the days until Game time. I don't know about any of you but I have never felt so optimistic and looked forward to the Patriots season to begin as I have now. I say, "If paper were Stone," because I see all these names of players on this team and I dont think they have ever had the older talent, mid talent and new prospect talent in one season like they do now. Yes I want to see this offense blow the doors open from the start and run every game to 40 or more and crush the entire league. If any team has the potential, this is the one, but more than that, I can't wait to see this kid Dont'a Hightower spread his wings and flourish. Somehow I get the feeling he will play well beyond his years and wreak havoc, the NFL teams won't be ready for him and how to play him, and when they think they do the doors will once again be opened for the Patriot defense to make a name for themselves. On paper this team looks sooooooooooooo good, may we all wish from Paper to Stone!!!
    Posted by Stommpper

Stomp I echo every one of your thoughts above, including your a knucklehead at times (haha but aren't we all?!) I really have high hopes for this D. We started to play well in the playoffs last year, and now you add Jones, Hightower, Tavon Wilson, and Bequette rotating in?! I think the three big keys on D for this year are; 1) STAY HEALTHY (goes without saying, 2) RAS-I DOWLING (we need a solid year from him, 3) ANDRE CARTER RETURNS HEALTHY. Like you, and most of us here, I am very excited about the season!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If the tremendous resources just showered on the mickey mouse defense pays off the sky is the limit.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BB is going to cause major destruction with the league. I think he is mad, very mad and is going to do everything he can to light up the league!  It's going to be earth shattering!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: If Paper were Stone!:
     If the Pats continue to pass instead of run on key running downs look for another SB loss period,and Brady out for half the season.
    Posted by sod11

Yessir, I'm sure BB has been waiting with baited breath to have you advise him on where he is going wrong with coaching the team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from whipitgood. Show whipitgood's posts

I think we're going to have a great year!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: If Paper were Stone! : No Bill has meglomania and only listens to the voices in his head,sound familar?
    Posted by sod11

Oh, it does. And the voices just told me BB doesn't need advice on how to run his team from imbeciles.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: If Paper were Stone! : Yessir, I'm sure BB has been waiting with baited breath to have you advise him on where he is going wrong with coaching the team.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Why not just post 'I lick Brady's butt' instead of whining every time someone thinks a change needs to be made in the offense?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: If Paper were Stone! : Are you racist against imbeciles? My mom just raised my allowance by 10 dollars because the price of beer went up,now whose the imbecile?
    Posted by sod11

Imbeciles aren't a race. I never said I was "against" imbeciles. Your mom might want to consider joining "Imbecile Enablers Anonymous". The first step is admitting she has a problem.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: If Paper were Stone! : Imbeciles aren't a race. I never said I was "against" imbeciles. Your mom might want to consider joining "Imbecile Enablers Anonymous". The first step is admitting she has a problem.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Gone into angry little boy mode again?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

I'm actually excited for the preseason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "If Paper were Stone!":
    Im usually a knucklehead on this board with rants and foolishness, just to break up the days until Game time. I don't know about any of you but I have never felt so optimistic and looked forward to the Patriots season to begin as I have now. I say, "If paper were Stone," because I see all these names of players on this team and I dont think they have ever had the older talent, mid talent and new prospect talent in one season like they do now. Yes I want to see this offense blow the doors open from the start and run every game to 40 or more and crush the entire league. If any team has the potential, this is the one, but more than that, I can't wait to see this kid Dont'a Hightower spread his wings and flourish. Somehow I get the feeling he will play well beyond his years and wreak havoc, the NFL teams won't be ready for him and how to play him, and when they think they do the doors will once again be opened for the Patriot defense to make a name for themselves. On paper this team looks sooooooooooooo good, may we all wish from Paper to Stone!!! Posted by Stommpper
    Tongue in cheeck. DREAM TEAM!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I think, in all honesty, the D will be somewhere in the middle of the pack. THey are still very young, and their best days are definitely ahead of them. I don't, however, think that will make an ounce of difference. This offense is stacked beyond stacked. SOME people lightly question the OLine, but I think that group will be ferocious. The QB is unquestionable. The TEs are unquestionable. The WRs are, once again, unquestionable. The RBs are simply unproven/unknown commodities. I loved what I saw from Ridley and don't expect fumbling to be a big issue, and Vereen was the more highly regarded back coming out of college. Oh, and Josh McDaniels, the OC of the highest scoring offense in NFL history, is back at the clipboard. This gon' be a fun ride.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

It wont matter in the least where the D is over 16 games but it will matter where they are in the last 4 going into the playoffs. Getting a lot of plyers in their 1st 2nd and 3rd years with the D knowing their roles in multiple packages, familiar with each other and jut plain ready will take a while. But come late season and playoff I expect they will be a top 10 defense (top 10 sounds great but it is only the top third of the league so it is not a big limb I am out on).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: If Paper were Stone! : Oh, it does. And the voices just told me BB doesn't need advice on how to run his team from imbeciles.
    Posted by BabeParilli

You know, I agree with you in principle.  However, these forums would be boring as heck if we all sat back and said "BB is smarter than us."  I would argue that every coach in the NFL is smarter than 99.999% of the fans.  Even a coach with an 0-16 record knows more about football than us fans.  Point is, EVERY coach makes mistakes and miscalculates here and there.  Even BB does.  And that is where we come in.  We have fun arguing over what we think those mistakes are.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: If Paper were Stone! : You the man! hahahahaha This is one of my favorites, along with him riding that bear.
    Posted by bobbysu

Hahaha, I think the bear was one of my first photoshops posted here.

Sections
Shortcuts