If patriots had #1 pick...would you.....................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

If patriots had #1 pick...would you.....................

Draft A Luck and hold him behind TB or

Draft luck and look for offers for TB has 3 or 4 years left) or

Look to trade the pick

Interesting position Indy is in....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: If patriots had #1 pick...would you.....................

Draft a defensive lineman, CB or LB. We need to rebuild the defense.

We have two decent backup QBs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Get a kings ransom in picks. Think of a team that desperately needs a QB like Sea. For them to move up from the 11th spot to get Luck it would take (imo only) their 1st, 2nd this year and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd next year.

I would gladly take that and run. However, Brady's neck is fine and Mannings isn't. If Brady was coming off the same surgery and injury as Manning I might trade back and grab Griffin III try to trade Brady and use all those extra picks between trading back the #1 pick and Brady to completely rebuild the entire D and WR core in 2 drafts. That way you have a young OL (Vollmer, Solder, Cannon, Mankins), and young WR core to form around your new QB and have a very young D to restart a new era in NE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: If patriots had #1 pick...would you.....................:
    [QUOTE]Get a kings ransom in picks. Think of a team that desperately needs a QB like Sea. For them to move up from the 11th spot to get Luck it would take (imo only) their 1st, 2nd this year and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd next year. I would gladly take that and run. However, Brady's neck is fine and Mannings isn't. If Brady was coming off the same surgery and injury as Manning I might trade back and grab Griffin III try to trade Brady and use all those extra picks between trading back the #1 pick and Brady to completely rebuild the entire D and WR core in 2 drafts. That way you have a young OL (Vollmer, Solder, Cannon, Mankins), and young WR core to form around your new QB and have a very young D to restart a new era in NE.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

If the Colts can get that for the rights to Luck, all the power to them, and the new GM should do that whether Manning is coming back or not. One player is not going to remake the team. Most of the franchise type players, Manning, Wayne, Saturday, Freeney, Mathis, Addai, Vinatieri, Clark etc, are on the down side of their careers. Colts need young help on both sides of the ball going forward. If Manning is healthy and can play 3-4 more years, there is no need to draft Luck. If he can't play, that is just one more position that is going to need help going forward. With the picks garnered from the Luck trade, it would be much easier to trade for another QB. Would you take a Matt Flynn (assuming GB would take a first for him) + another first, 2 seconds and a third for the rights to Luck?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: If patriots had #1 pick...would you.....................:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If patriots had #1 pick...would you..................... : If the Colts can get that for the rights to Luck, all the power to them, and the new GM should do that whether Manning is coming back or not. One player is not going to remake the team. Most of the franchise type players, Manning, Wayne, Saturday, Freeney, Mathis, Addai, Vinatieri, Clark etc, are on the down side of their careers. Colts need young help on both sides of the ball going forward. If Manning is healthy and can play 3-4 more years, there is no need to draft Luck. If he can't play, that is just one more position that is going to need help going forward. With the picks garnered from the Luck trade, it would be much easier to trade for another QB. Would you take a Matt Flynn (assuming GB would take a first for him) + another first, 2 seconds and a third for the rights to Luck?
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

Flynn would be a good player to trade for but honestly I would target Griffin III. Griffin to me is the next gen QB to enter the league. He has all the mechanics to be a pass first QB with great size (minus height) to step up into the pocket and take a hit but also has the ability to run the ball. He reminds me a lot of Warren Moon honestly but is a more accurate passer. I can envision him 5 years down the road being in the debate for best QB taken in the 12' draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Auction him off for the best package. If Sanchise is worth two picks and three players at 5th over all a better question would be What is the most polished QB since Manning worth ? I might wait for a Ricky Williams entire draft deal or three firsts and two seconds in 2012 0r 2013 (Honey Badger draft) Obviously you do not trade the pick to anyone in your division. You could get five draft picks for Luck and rebuild the defense with them. Hoyer looks okay and Mallette has potential so the Pats have no need for Luck.

Moot point since this is all hypothetical. The deal changes dependent on which team is involved (eg: Washington: I want Laron Landry, Tennesee I want Michael Griffin. etc...) try to get proven NFL players before getting a bunch of picks.

It would be a trade down, hopefully, into the 10-15 range.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Trade to a bad team picking through 10 and trade for a boat load of picks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Where is Patriotsfansince1966?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Trade the pick for three proven defensive DBs/LBs in their late 20s. Al Davis might have accepted it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Trade to fifth or 6th pick and pick up some more draft picks, pick up the best pass rusher in the draft. Draft the 2nd round and the second I just picked up for a top 15 and pick up another CB or safety depending on how McCourty plays out.