If Pats lose - Whats the excuse?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: If Pats lose - Whats the excuse?

In response to Tomhab's comment:

Can someone explain to me why it is "One and Down" when you lose the first playoff game?  Doesn't "One and Down" sound like you won the first game and lost the second?  Shouldn't it be something like "In and Out" since you got into the playoffs and were taken Out in the first game?  On second thought I like "In-N-Out Burgers" and if they changed that tag to "In and Out" Manning would buy a bunch of "In-N-Out Burger" shops and I'd have to see his sad sack face on their window as I drove through the Drive-Thru window.

It's "One and Done"...not "One and Down".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Can someone explain to me why it is "One and Down" when you lose the first playoff game?  Doesn't "One and Down" sound like you won the first game and lost the second?  Shouldn't it be something like "In and Out" since you got into the playoffs and were taken Out in the first game?  On second thought I like "In-N-Out Burgers" and if they changed that tag to "In and Out" Manning would buy a bunch of "In-N-Out Burger" shops and I'd have to see his sad sack face on their window as I drove through the Drive-Thru window.

Ops

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:

Will it be because the refs gave Peyton the game? 

Will it be because the NFL wants Peyton to retire a champion?

Will it be because Welker dropped the ball ?  Oops...He's not there anymore.  You already used that excuse. Laughing

"refs gave Peyton the game"

In 14 previous machups Tom has come away with 10 victories.

Just maybe the ref's will feel sorry for a guy like Peyton who finds a way to wet his pants in big games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Will it be because Welker dropped the ball ?  Oops...He's not there anymore.  You already used that excuse. Laughing

We really don't need to hear from you anymore. Have fun rotting in your parents basement you pathetic little soul.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Not me.  I give the pats an even chance to win this game.  The pats power running game against a suspect defense is the difference.  By the same token, you've got the denver offense against a suspect patriots defense.  The only overall advantage in this game is the homefield.  that's about it, imo. 

Covering your butt just in case I see, eh, Gomez? LOL!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

Fireman Ed ran out of excuses so he left the building...

Remember how Dutch Bag Ed publicly turned on NY's JV football team. That was better theater than anything produced on Broadway. For years this idiot lead the band of idiots in Jersey's Swamp Stadium then one day wakes up and realizes what a joke franchize he's been following. Publicly denounces the team and fades away. Too funny!

Makes me laugh whenever I think of it. Imagine using a national tragedy to get some support for the lowly Jests and then crying in your beer and quitting.  Just like a New Yorker.  who does he cheer for now? Giants? Bills? HaHa.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

My concern is that Fox's instinct once Denver is up by 2 or more TD's is to retrench, dig a moat around the castle, and try to outlast the expected siege.

This didn't work the last time we played the Patriots, and it will not work if we try to do this again on Sunday.

That being said..... I'm confident we'll win this game. 

Bronco's 34

Patriots 28

I just can't wait for this forum to have its annual meltdown. Its going to be biblical. Laughing  

well I am impressed. when you say "WE" does that mean that you are a player for the denver bronco's????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

This just shows the ignorance of the trolls. If we lose we don't need an excuse since the team has overachieved already given all the injuries. A lesser team with a lesser coaching staff and QB would have collapsed in December.

But as usual all the fans of loser teams who troll here will see the a Pats loss as a failure in order to keep themselves from having to admit their team sucks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

If Denver loses.........he'll show up SB time..rooting for the other team. You watch.

Poppa John is asking the wrong question. The question should be, I wonder what excuses that he and the other Manning lovers will come up with, should the Pats pull off the upset? The Patriots aren't expected to win. They are playing with house money.

we'll use a well worn and respected angle on this board...conspiracy. 

C'mon udog.  You must know that the league favors the Pats and "gifts" them games.  Haven't you ever looked at the IndyStar Colt's board Or the Orange Mane.  It is a well known fact by ALL those fans that the fix is in for New England.  Also, those posters know that ESPN favors the Pats above all other teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

If Denver loses.........he'll show up SB time..rooting for the other team. You watch.

Poppa John is asking the wrong question. The question should be, I wonder what excuses that he and the other Manning lovers will come up with, should the Pats pull off the upset? The Patriots aren't expected to win. They are playing with house money.

C'mon udog.  You must know that the league favors the Pats and "gifts" them games.  Haven't you ever looked at the IndyStar Colt's board Or the Orange Mane.  It is a well known fact by ALL those fans that the fix is in for New England.  Also, those posters know that ESPN favors the Pats above all other teams.

I did not know this.  I always assumed that the league attempted to operate from an objective perspective regarding its teams.  Are you an authority on this?  Does this mean the league really hates Cleveland and Jacksonville and Buffalo and Oakland, etc? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I did not know this.  I always assumed that the league attempted to operate from an objective perspective regarding its teams.  Are you an authority on this?  Does this mean the league really hates Cleveland and Jacksonville and Buffalo and Oakland, etc? 

I just read it on the Colt's board.  That's my source.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Well actually they booted Cleveland to Baltimore once only to have them return with the same sorry Uniforms/ Management/ Team.  

Jacksonville was the only logical place to Tebow to flourish and hand the NFL more free"Followers" money.

Buffalo went to and lost FOUR STRAIGHT SUPER BOWLS..even I hate them for that....

Then there are The Raiders... If the team and their "Commitment to Excrement" weren't bad enough, you have a troglodyte fan base drooling and booing at every feable attempt to play this game called football.......................

So YES they DO hate those teams!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

How did this brillant soul ever think this thread up?? Especially since it appeared 5 mins after mine asking if Dorkos lose whats the excuse?? Of course his answer was cheating Pats of course...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Ops

It's "oops" not "ops".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Didn't you see the offical rip the ball out of Brazill's hands and give it to Dennard. And I definately saw a zebra throw a block to spring Blount for that 73 yard romp.

You see it IS the officials

Maybe UD posts here because all the Indy sites are full of morons.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I just read it on the Colt's board.  That's my source.

Colts fans are very smaht. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

How did this brillant soul ever think this thread up?? Especially since it appeared 5 mins after mine asking if Dorkos lose whats the excuse?? Of course his answer was cheating Pats of course...

I think you are on to something.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Cheating?

The Broncos are the team that was caught cheating the salary cap to the tune of $29 million in deferred payments to John Elway and Terrell Davis during their Super Bowl seasons.

In December 2001, the Broncos were fined $968,000 and lost a third-round pick in the 2002 draft for violations reportedly relating to $29 million in deferred payments to quarterback John Elway and running back Terrell Davis. – Washington Post September 17, 2004

Taken from media watch-without comment from me

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Ask your boy poliANUS about that - as Francesa said other day on FAN he couldnt beat Pats so had to cry to league to change rules -RUINING THE GAME

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Injuries....This is the first year that only the Pats have injuries. We could witness a huge fan base screaming Pats suck ?   Also don't leave out Refs suck .bad calls

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I guess the Manning lover excuses have started already:

PapaJohn18's comment:

I just hope that the referees do their job at a competent level for this game. I don't want NE waltzing into another Super Bowl because the referees were too busy searching through the blades of grass for their missing contacts whenever Denver players are being mugged, held, tripped, and all other things like they always did to the Colts.  I want it to truly be a NE vs. DEN game. I'm aware of my own bias, but that doesn't change the fact that the referees, if they're going to take a side, will typically side with NE. Sorry, Pats fans. That's just how I see it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Retro-P. Show Retro-P's posts

Well the constant since the last SB win has been no videotaping....just sayin.  Go with it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rusco's comment:

I guess it is time for all the trolls to come out from under the bridge!

under the bridge downtown??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Kindly substitute "Giants" for "Yankees" & "Pats" for my beloved "Sox" but I will use this intact when baseball season starts.

what do the Giants have to do with this??

Sections
Shortcuts