If Pats trade up it better be for Jordan and not Quinn!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

If Pats trade up it better be for Jordan and not Quinn!!!

Do you want a guy who was suspended last year and has questionable off field issues or Jordan who comes from a NFL pedigree, as his father was a Vikings TE? If they spend the picks to move up I hope its for Jordan!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: If Pats trade up it better be for Jordan and not Quinn!!!

It all depends on where they trade up to.

If it's between 5-10 I think they are targeting Quinn. Why because everyone knows that Houston is going to take either Quinn or Aldon Smith at #11 so the only reason to move up that high is to grab Quinn.

If it's between 11-16 then I have to believe it's for Jordan as Jordan could possibly be a fit for Det, Minn, Stl, Jax or even the possibility that SD or TB trade up for Jordan.

But either way I don't see them trading up very high as it's not in their history to spend big on a player. When they have moved up far it tends to be for nothing more then a 3rd rounder which puts them in the #12 range

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I am not saying his father being a TE is going to affect his play at DE. I am saying it may affect his preperation and off the field behavior. From what I have heard Jordan is a stand up guy with a great motor.
    Quinn, not so much.
    If you are going to give up picks to get a guy you better look into these issues also.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: If Pats trade up it better be for Jordan and not Quinn!!!:
    I have no idea why anyone brings his dad into it, his dad played offense as a TE so unless his son is a TE its irrelevant. I think Quinn is an impact player from the word go. Im not sold on Jordan.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Ditto. And if NE moved up for Jordan ... a concession prize player who will likely be there at 17 ... I would be very upset.

I don't think Quinn is perfect, but if watched him in college ... he is in another league as a pass rush prospect from Jordan ... and for some that is the kind of talent worth moving up for. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I just like the idea of BB trading up.  I really don't care who it's for because I just don't know jack compared to any scout.  In BB I trust.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

How nice would it be for them to give up picks to move up tor 6 and keep 17.  Could you imagine getting Peterson at 6 and Jordan at 17? Or even Jones at 6 and Jordan at 17. Or Quinn at 6 and still having 17.  This would be masterful.  However they will have to give up 17 to get to 6, darn it! I'm just dreaming of what could be.

I still think the Browns keep 6 and take Jones, that would be tremendous for them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

[QUOTE]I like Quinn at 6 but I have to say that the CB Peterson is a sure thing and the best player in the draft so I would be tempted to just say F it and draft him putting him with DMC and Bodden would be a nightmare for QB's. And then we could get a pass rusher later if we have someone in mind like maybe Justin Houston?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking along these lines for awhile. Peterson, along with McCourty would make perhaps the best tandem in the NFL. Peterson is such a talented player and can step right into the system to make a huge impact. Indeed, as you state here MVPkilla, QB's would be looking downfield at a true nightmare. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]BradyMossFan - Its not impossible to keep 17 and move up. If they package the 28 pick with the 33rd pick and maybe another 2nd or 3rd they could keep 17 and move up to 6. Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I agree that there would be a chance for this but I just dont see the Browns trading to wait for 28th pick

[QUOTE]and im pretty sure if either of those situations played out I would have to change my underpants lol

I would have to do this also!

Funny thing is, this is something only BB could pull off!  Ok, now I am getting my hopes up, better calm myself down before I walk around with an errection all day long.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

The only thing on my draft wish list is someone, anyone, a warm body who can get after the QB.  It irritates the h*** out of me when I watch the opposing QB's order and eat a steak dinner in the backfield before they throw the ball.  A legitimate pass rusher will make the D look a whole lot better. 

Since I am wishing here, I would like a double serving of pass rushers out of the draft, please.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]The thing is tim, most Pats fans think if the player isnt taken in round 1 he is a bust before he even gets a chance. And its bull sh*t. The Pats drafted a edge rusher in round 2 last year named Cunningham and he had a pretty good rookie season and in two years he will most likely be a pro bowler IMO and all this "we need a pass rusher" crap will be just that crap. How many top pass rusher's went in the top ten? Not many, in fact more times then not someone taken that high to rush the passer is a complete and total bust. Which is why the pats have NEVER taken an OLB in round 1 since BB has been running the show. I hope we get a pass rusher as well but if they pass on Quinn and take Peterson who is hands down the best player in the draft I will be off the charts happy about it. Or Julio Jones I would be just as happy. And if they get a pass rusher in round 2 or 3 I will just have to have faith that that kid can be developed into a starter. Some of the best draft picks in the Belichick era were after round 1.

I don't know. I just recently read an analysis (PFT??) that showed rather decisively that drafting pass rushers high pays off. After the second round there haven't been any real break throughs. It is the kind of spot where raw athleticism tells the tale, and those rare athletes get selected early. Matthews, Orakpo, etc. You can pick someone up in the second sometimes, but there really aren't too many pass rushers that just 'develop' in the way you are talking. It happens, but even BB said, the tale is being told in drafts recently by how people ID front seven players early pointing specifically to Woodlety, Orakpo, and Matthews as examples. 

I am lukewarm on Cunningham's rookie season. He did some good things, but didn't really flash dominance, which is what you hope to see at some point over 17 games. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]For every success story of a 1st round pass rusher there is a horror story. Jarvis Moss, Vernon Gholston, Gainse Adams (was the 3rd overall pick) and thats just recent picks. I hear you though, I just dont see BB drafting a OLB in the top ten. If he does it will be Quinn but I think if he has the choice between Quinn, Jones, or Peterson he will take either Jones or Peterson.

That is the truth. But the point of the article/stats was the for every ? named player that is a hit past the top fo the second there are hundreds of JAGS. 

Unlike RB (for instance) where some of the top names seem to come from the bottom and "bust" potential is pretty even through round three. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

McShay has the Pats trading with Dallas to get Jordan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]McShay can s*ck a big one lol he is a  espn stooge

I like McShay. He isn't a stooge. Not overyone that does business (note Scouts' Inc is not ESPN, but a service that does work with ESPN) with ESPN stinks. I still read Mike Reiss all the time.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]I just think if he trades up to #6 he wont take a rusher he will take Jones or Peterson. BUT if he trades to #8 or #10 like it is also rumored then he will take Jordan or another OLB/DE

In this case, you could be right. Although I would chuck Fairley in that mix too. I recognize Quinn's greatness .... but something about him doesn't seem Patriot-ish. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

McShay can s*ck a big one lol he is a  espn stooge
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I agree; not particularly impressive - just someone to take away time from Kiper, (or to stoke him up, not that he needs any). Thank God for the NFL Network. Won't have to watch the bozos at espn (no large caps on purpose). Now if the NFL Network can just give Irwin the 'old heave ho'.............

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

Jordan is not going to be a Patriot sorry folks, if the Pats go up that high they will grab Quinn. Explosive nasty and has a lot to prove. 
    Last year everyone was talking this and that about Bryant and look at what he did.  Put the fear of god into every head coach he was playing agianst last year when he caught the ball.
    Most of these kids that are coming out of college have "off field" issues - don't judge them cause they make an errant decision here and there cause lets face it - none of you were or are perfect.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

[QUOTE]Jordan is not going to be a Patriot sorry folks, if the Pats go up that high they will grab Quinn. Explosive nasty and has a lot to prove.  Last year everyone was talking this and that about Bryant and look at what he did.  Put the fear of god into every head coach he was playing agianst last year when he caught the ball. Most of these kids that are coming out of college have "off field" issues - don't judge them cause they make an errant decision here and there cause lets face it - none of you were or are perfect.
    Posted by Wildwillis[/QUOTE]Quinn rushes the passes. Jordan can do it all. He can play with his hands down, he can also play up at the OLB spot. He would fill the McGinest role. This is who they go after if they trade up, not Quinn.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegeeman. Show teegeeman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Pats trade up it better be for Jordan and not Quinn!!! : Quinn rushes the passes. Jordan can do it all. He can play with his hands down, he can also play up at the OLB spot. He would fill the McGinest role. This is who they go after if they trade up, not Quinn.
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]

You nailed it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Pats trade up it better be for Jordan and not Quinn!!! : Quinn rushes the passes. Jordan can do it all. He can play with his hands down, he can also play up at the OLB spot. He would fill the McGinest role. This is who they go after if they trade up, not Quinn.
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]

I have been going back and forth on Quinn and Jordan.  I am now sold on Jordan!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

BradyMossFan, careful there:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/28/heres-the-latest-patriots-trading-up-rumor/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]Yea people want to say Quinn has all these issues which he does and that Jordan is a saint (my words) but the fact is who is the best pass rusher of all time? LT and did LT have issues? Yes he did. And I would take a guy like LT any day so long as he shows up for work and wins football games. Jordan might be a stand up guy but there are a lot of stand up guys who got drafted working in some office right now and not playing football anymore. Not saying Jordan wont be good, cause he will, but he is not a top 10 pick with the ability to make an instant impact and Quinn is. And more so then Quinn, Perterson the CB is the best player in the draft and if he is there at 6 and we move up to 6 I would like to draft either Peterson or Quinn and watch every team in the NFL sh*t their pants.

With all the emphasis on personal conduct these days, and the commissioner's willingness to suspend players for questionable behavior, teams would be foolish to draft players likely to cause trouble off the field.  No matter how talented a player is, if he is suspended for four games or for a season, he's not doing his team any good.  He's just a wasted draft pick.