If Pats traded with....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

If Pats traded with....

The Redskins at ten. I think it could happen. Lets assume it does for fun.  Who do you take at 10?

Quinn or Miller would be mine. Not sure Miller makes it there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: If Pats traded with....

There's no sane reason for trading up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In Response to Re: If Pats traded with....:
    [QUOTE]There's no sane reason for trading up.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Paul,

Why? If BB thinks he has a game changer at ten why not go get him? This D is really only one stud away from being special.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

It makes perfect sense to trade up this year, with the CBA not being finalized you have no idea what you will be able to find in the F/A market - not to mention they all want to get paid considerably more than they are worth.  We have depth at every position except maybe the O-line and QB. 
    The Pats have so many picks that it is borderline foolish to think that the Pats can draft and sign all the guys so why not go up and grab a guy that will have an instant impact like Clay Mathews? or get Patrick Peterson and have probably one of the best 2ndary's in recent memory?  along with a guy like Watt or Kerrigan on the DE or OLB sacking the f out of the qb cause the recievers are covered. 
    I seem to think BB is gonna go after top talent this year because the LB and DE by committee just did not work for us last year and we hung our CB's out to dry to many times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

The DE by committee did not work because so many guys were injuried.  I'd think about a trade up for Miller to get the needed LB but that trade would have to be made with one of the top 5 or 6 teams to get him and at what cost?  Miller will be a great OLB but Houston maybe just as good and he can be had with the 28th or 33rd pick.  Other than trading for Miller I'd sit with the picks we have and stock up especially if QB's start going early because a good DE will drop into our laps at 17.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

they can def get a good player at 17... but bills way of doing things isnt the most popular with fans ..  i guess it boils down to their own perception of the value of the player... why move up to 10 if 17 and 10 have the same value??    

in his opinion...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't think there are many "sure things" in this draft...Green, Peterson, Dareus...maybe 1-2 others. Why give up assets to move up 7 slots? In a year still without a rookie wage scale? Pats have had a winning hand allowing the draft to come to them, and still getting what they have on their board. The player has not always panned out, but they seemingly always get the player they want.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

All good points. BB will make it work again. I just think the Skins will be calling. I think he moves to ten IF he gets a guy he really likes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

The Pats are trading down this year.  They will trade the 17th pick back into the mid 20's and trade the 28th pick out of the 1st round all together.  The first pick will not be a pass rusher either, probably an o-line.  Pats will draft pass rush with there 3rd overall pick in the second round.  For some reason bill would rather have three 5 sack guys than one 15 sack guys who makes everyone around him better.  The best you should hope for this year is another Banta-cain type player.  Its not flashy, its not exciting but get ready thats how Bill does things.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I'll play if nobody else wants to. Quinn.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Lol, I was going to start this exact discussion on trading with the Skins but you beat me to it. I like Quinn alot and would love to have him here. I doubt Von Miller slides to pick 10. He's a bit undersized for this D anyway. Quinn has perfect size and by some is considered the second best pass rusher in the draft behind Miller. I was looking at the points value chart for draft picks and it would take our 17th overall (950 points)and our own 2nd rounder 60th overall (300 points) to get to 10 overall (1300 points). We might have to also throw in a 5th or 6th rounder. If Newton and Gabbert are both gone by 10th then who's next? Locker? Mallett? That would be an ideal spot for Shanahan to move into to draft one of them and I think he's looking to take a QB because I can't imagine he would go another year with an unsettled QB situation. He obviously doesn't like Donovan McNoHeart. If the trade doesn't happen then I hope we go after JJ Watt. He seems like a Patriot type player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]Lol, I was going to start this exact discussion on trading with the Skins but you beat me to it. I like Quinn alot and would love to have him here. I doubt Von Miller slides to pick 10. He's a bit undersized for this D anyway. Quinn has perfect size and by some is considered the second best pass rusher in the draft behind Miller. I was looking at the points value chart for draft picks and it would take our 17th overall (950 points)and our own 2nd rounder 60th overall (300 points) to get to 10 overall (1300 points). We might have to also throw in a 5th or 6th rounder. If Newton and Gabbert are both gone by 10th then who's next? Locker? Mallett? That would be an ideal spot for Shanahan to move into to draft one of them and I think he's looking to take a QB because I can't imagine he would go another year with an unsettled QB situation. He obviously doesn't like Donovan McNoHeart. If the trade doesn't happen then I hope we go after JJ Watt. He seems like a Patriot type player.
    Posted by Homecheese[/QUOTE]

I like JJ Watt as well. With a run on QB's in the top 10 (perhaps) then some real talent will be there at 10. Not sure the Skin will follow the point system 100%. they need picks bad and want a qb in the 20 range.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

If they trade up,something I don't look for,but should it happen,it has to be for Watt or Quinn.The cost getting a high enough pick to grab MIller(who I question if his size and skill set fits their current system)it would tie their hands in trying to maneuver to the get the an OLB they covet(Houston or Reed please),an OG or two to fill at least one of two likely vacancies(Pouncey,Ijalana,Moffitt,Henry and Rackley would do nicely thank you),an OT on either the right or left side(Carimi was born and raised to play for the Pats or Sherrod;either of whom starts from day one at RT),a WR with after-burners(I'm intrigued by Gates)and perhaps a RB(preferrably a power back with vision and instincts,will pass protect and can catch the occaisional pass..he needn't be a true prime back but must be able to move the chains when called upon).For anything like this to even begin to happen at least two must occur:Watt must be available beyond the tenth choice and they must believe Pouncey,Carimi,Ijalana,Solder,Costanzo,Smith or Sherrod will be available at thrity-three.After that,the luck of the draw will determine which other players they value at specific positions fall to them.You know,this might just be convoluted enough to appeal to B.B.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

not a smart idea to trade up this year.  i see us trading out, for 1st rounders in next years draft.  I dont think that BB is going to gamble on bringing in players that could potentially have a lost season, and at least lost training camps.  Rookie training camps are very important for their progress, and i get the idea that this rookie class is going to get shafted because they will miss that.  id prefer we trade out than trade up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]The DE by committee did not work because so many guys were injuried.  I'd think about a trade up for Miller to get the needed LB but that trade would have to be made with one of the top 5 or 6 teams to get him and at what cost?  Miller will be a great OLB but Houston maybe just as good and he can be had with the 28th or 33rd pick.  Other than trading for Miller I'd sit with the picks we have and stock up especially if QB's start going early because a good DE will drop into our laps at 17.
    Posted by tenace4life[/QUOTE]
    I agree there is probably 5 olb's in this draft that are much better than what we were looking at this time last in that draft. Houston looks real good in the highlights I've seen him in (which means next to nothing), but still much better than what was available last year. Quinn to me is a guy that is tempting despite the depth at the position.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

Yo!!!!! these guys are serious

http://60maxpowero.com/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i think pick 10 or 12 could be in play...but i dont see the pats doing it. they dont trade up for players (or even stand pat and take them in their original slot) unless they feel they are cant miss, 3 down players. i love quinn's potential, but i think lack of game tape and potential medical red flag (brain tumor), would be enough for them not to trade up.
    miller will be long gone by then and isnt the size prototype anyway. and we know BB sticks to that (clay matthews). 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]I'll play if nobody else wants to. Quinn.
    Posted by Cyberknot[/QUOTE]

I second this! Trade up and get Bobby Quinn.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]There's no sane reason for trading up.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

explaining why you disagree would be a lot more interesting than attempting to be the arbiter of sanity (or at least appearing to be attempting to be).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]It makes perfect sense to trade up this year, with the CBA not being finalized you have no idea what you will be able to find in the F/A market - not to mention they all want to get paid considerably more than they are worth.  We have depth at every position except maybe the O-line and QB.  The Pats have so many picks that it is borderline foolish to think that the Pats can draft and sign all the guys so why not go up and grab a guy that will have an instant impact like Clay Mathews? or get Patrick Peterson and have probably one of the best 2ndary's in recent memory?  along with a guy like Watt or Kerrigan on the DE or OLB sacking the f out of the qb cause the recievers are covered.  I seem to think BB is gonna go after top talent this year because the LB and DE by committee just did not work for us last year and we hung our CB's out to dry to many times.
    Posted by Wildwillis[/QUOTE]

all good reasons and bradys time here (his available years) are awastin.

unless of course we can get the game changers we need without trading up.
    its all gonna be a very fluid process. kyle has a pretty decent 7 round mock thread he just did if u wanna check it out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think there are many "sure things" in this draft...Green, Peterson, Dareus...maybe 1-2 others. Why give up assets to move up 7 slots? In a year still without a rookie wage scale? Pats have had a winning hand allowing the draft to come to them, and still getting what they have on their board. The player has not always panned out, but they seemingly always get the player they want.   
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

there will be a scale before any player is signed. thats one thing both sides have already agred upon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]If they trade up,something I don't look for,but should it happen,it has to be for Watt or Quinn.The cost getting a high enough pick to grab MIller(who I question if his size and skill set fits their current system)it would tie their hands in trying to maneuver to the get the an OLB they covet(Houston or Reed please),an OG or two to fill at least one of two likely vacancies(Pouncey,Ijalana,Moffitt,Henry and Rackley would do nicely thank you),an OT on either the right or left side(Carimi was born and raised to play for the Pats or Sherrod;either of whom starts from day one at RT),a WR with after-burners(I'm intrigued by Gates)and perhaps a RB(preferrably a power back with vision and instincts,will pass protect and can catch the occaisional pass..he needn't be a true prime back but must be able to move the chains when called upon).For anything like this to even begin to happen at least two must occur:Watt must be available beyond the tenth choice and they must believe Pouncey,Carimi,Ijalana,Solder,Costanzo,Smith or Sherrod will be available at thrity-three.After that,the luck of the draw will determine which other players they value at specific positions fall to them.You know,this might just be convoluted enough to appeal to B.B.
    Posted by kebbe[/QUOTE]

all good points.
    watt however is rated from 27 into round 2 by many analysts.
    if we trade up, 2 players i'd want are dareuas and quinn. dareus is out of reach. quinn could go anywhere between 5 and 11.

heyward can be had lower unless bb thinks watt will be a beast in our system. i've seen patriot analyst who think heyward is better for us than watt.

re quinn, aldon smith will liklely be available lower (could go top 10, but likely 14-28). he will be an elite pass rusher as well.

by the way, miller is not considered a great olb by many. yeah i know the stats. against good tackles he was dominated. 
    quinn however beat costanzo all day for instance. and he can stand up agaiinst the run, while miller is washed away.

quinn is considered by many the best pass rusher in the draft by many of the best scouts and analysts.

but smith is elite too.

kerrigan is just good or very good.

all 3 would help us tremendously.

so one of quinn, smith, kerrigan at olb
    AND one of watt, jordan, heyward at de
     AND one of carimi, sherod, costanzo, gilbert, carpenter at tacckle
    AND one of watkins, moffit, hudson at g/c

with what's left

extra o lineman possibly
    the injured stud romeus
    anyone of great value who is there when they shouldnt be.

db, rb, wr with whatever is left.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I would make the trade and grab JJ Watt.  He has an endless motor and is intelligent.  He also hasn't tapped his potential, only playing DE for 2 years.  I like him better than Quinn for his work ethic and team first attitude.  Miller will be long gone by 10.  We have nine picks, for once let's trade up twice for impact players who are difference makers, instead of wasting picks and trading down all the time.  Tom Brady is getting older and there will never be another Tom Brady in our lifetime.  It is time BB realizes this and gets quality instead of quantity in this draft.
    Posted by MJKJRMRYAZ[/QUOTE]

"MJKJRMRYAZ"
    now that's a moniker.

do you know you are impersonating me?
    :)
    ive been saying all that since we lost to jets