If Pats were in Colts position, would you trade Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: If Pats were in Colts position, would you trade Brady?

What do you mean, how is this comparable? The Colts should cut Manning, and yeah if the Pats had Manning than they should cut him too. Brady on the other hand, different story. Brady doesn't suck

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

What makes anyone think that the Patriots would s--k that bad ?

BTW Brady=Known Quantity: Luck and Manning = Unknown Quantity.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: If Pats were in Colts position, would you trade Brady?:
    In Response to Re: If Pats were in Colts position, would you trade Brady? : I am glad you are not a GM right now!  Brady is still playing at a #1 QB in the league level and you want to shop him around, for what?  So the team can rebuild around a new QB now?  There are many quality years left in Brady and the offense right now, how about building the D first!!
    Posted by agcsbill

I think Nate said he'd trade the pick, not Brady. 

Anyway, the 800 lb. gorilla that everyone seems to be ignoring in all this is that IF everything were the same and the Pats were in the same position with Brady, neck injury and all, as the Colts are with Manning, there is NO option to trade the QB.  Manning can't be traded, unless he agrees to it, which basically means he waives his rights to the massive signing bonus he's going to get in March.  They can only release him before then, they can't trade him.  So this trade discussion is a moot point. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Muzwell, you are correct on the intent of my question.

In Response to Re: If Pats were in Colts position, would you trade Brady?:
    In Response to Re: If Pats were in Colts position, would you trade Brady? : I think the premise of the thread was what if Brady had the same condition that Manning has, i.e., a neck ailment that you're not sure he can come back from and you have the number one pick. Not sure anybody is looking to trade Brady, I'm certainly not. But you have to decide what to do with that asset (the number one pick) and how to deal with Brady, not an easy thing. By the way, the Colts can't trade Manning until next March at the earliest, and then only if he allows them to. The 2012 league year doesn't start until after his option must be exercised, so they must pay him his $34 mil (or whatever it is, but in that ballpark) in order to retain his rights and then trade him. That only changes if he agrees to renegotiate. I would trade the pick and keep Brady. Use one of the picks I obtain in trade for a QB, or roll with Mallett/Hoyer and in either case, hope Brady can still play.
    Posted by Muzwell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Response to If Pats were in Colts position, would you trade Brady?:
    I think this is a very tough call. I realize Brady is 1-2 years younger, but the premise is about the same. This years team without Brady might have won 5 games? I tend to think I would auction off the pick for more picks, taking some solid defensive players and hoping to get back to the playoffs and SB that way. Not like Andrew Luck will be taking them to the SB anytime soon. Getting more quality players is better than one stud... Thoughts?
    Posted by mcboyd22

II would definetly trade Tom brady for right handed power hitter. who likes beer and knows who sparky Lyle is

Sections
Shortcuts