If Pats were to trade up to 10-15th spot, who would it be for?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAT-from-India. Show PAT-from-India's posts

Re: If Pats were to trade up to 10-15th spot, who would it be for?

C.J.Spiller @ around 15-18 spot ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

JPP

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

McClain is a beast, but I just think there are bigger needs that need to be addressed (although if Guyton could become a pass rushing OLB, it would make sense, but I'm not sure he can).

If they traded up to around 10, I could see it being offensive play makers Dez Bryant or CJ Spiller.  With this possibly being Moss' last year in New England, along with Welker's injury and the lack of a proven #3 receiver, I could see a potential #1 receiver like Bryant being very attractive.  Likewise, Spiller would provide a versatile play maker that would make the offense much more dynamic both in the running game and passing game.

If it was closer to the #15 spot or so, I could see it being Michigan DE/OLB Brandon Graham, who would be a great fit as a pass rushing OLB in New England and has been skyrocketing up draft boards.  In the end, though, I doubt they'll trade up, but with BB, you never know.  That's why I love the NFL draft so much.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

I agree we have other needs that needs a quicker fix than ILB. It will be a great problem to have to choose between CJ, Bryant and McClain. I would actually narrow it to McClain and CJ. WR always tend to scare me this early in the draft. And BB would choose a FA WR anyways. CJ will be a great backfield threat ala CJ2K! But it would be difficult to pass over McClain. The idea of him and Mayo together will give opposing RBs nightmares!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I would say JPP also. Spiller would be exciting but I think Best isn't a drop off at all and you can have him later (and he's been a more consistent performer in college). Having another beast at ILB would be nice, but only if you have VW in the middle to clog things up. And please no Guyton at OLB! Remember the Seattle game last year? He was replaced immediately by Colvin (who was working at UPS a week before). Guyton may be a good fit for OLB in at 4-3, but in a 3-4 he just gets pushed around way too easily. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I say no for any player, if they Pats were one player away then I would say yes sure but they are not.

They need as many players as they can, either Spiller or JPP as good as they are do not fill all the holes so giving away picks for any guy I say not.  If anything if they players they are targeting at 22 is not there they'll move down and try to pickup a third or even another 2nd rounder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'm with Pats7393 on this one. I would not move up given the needs, and either hold at 22, or trade 22 to move down and acquire more picks. This is a very deep draft, so it makes sense to stock up a bit more if the player you want is not there at 22. 

If stay pat at 22, take Spikes. He is not McClain, but can be good in NE. Then you can have your dominant ILB, plus keep all your 2nd rounders which I would. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

If the Pats trade up, it will be for one of 4 positions (according to McShay)-

QB
    OT
    Pass Rusher
    CB

We already have a QB, Okung and Haden will already be gone, so that leaves a Pass Rusher.  My best guess would be Derrick Morgan becuase he can play both pass and run.  The only knock on him is his height.  6'4" is kinda short for BB likes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Patriots will not use all 4 picks in rounds 1 and 2 individually. I think they will move one or use one. These are the possible moves:
    Use #48 for Boldin or with #22 and move up to 12 or so to get Spiller for example. The value chart makes this a doable move.
    The reason I say this is because I don't see The Patriots wanting to bring 4 high priced rookies into the fold when in one more year there will be a rookie slot system in place.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Spiller or McClain are the only two worth trading up for . . . please do not take Spikes . . . watched him here in Florida and he is not worth a first round pick.  Dunlop's play made Spikes look much better than he is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepats51. Show nepats51's posts

JOE HADEN BABY, SHUTDOWN CORNER!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

JPP could be a franchise player, even if he compares poorly to a box of rocks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

McClain is 6-4 260 and runs a 4.7
    Guyton is 6-3 2-45 and runs a 4.47
    id rather have Guyton

and i hope we trade out of the first round.  This draft is INCREDIBLY deep, and i think if we can trade our #22 for an early second, a mid 3rd and an early 5th i would do it

The second round this year is going to be crazy

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I think they might bite and move up for JPP, Haden or Berry if any fall back close to 15.  Now I dont think any will, but you never know. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: If Pats were to trade up to 10-15th spot, who would it be for?:
    McClain is 6-4 260 and runs a 4.7 Guyton is 6-3 2-45 and runs a 4.47 id rather have Guyton and i hope we trade out of the first round.  This draft is INCREDIBLY deep, and i think if we can trade our #22 for an early second, a mid 3rd and an early 5th i would do it The second round this year is going to be crazy
    Posted by Gulo

I'm trying to write without laughing too hard at this, you rather have Guyton than Rolando McClain? 

One of the best LBs prospects to come out in recent years.  Why Guyton because he runs a 4.5 40?  That helps stop the run how?  Do you even watch football?  Guyton gets pushed around, that speed doesn't help him when a 300lb OL has him locked up.

Damn it I can't stop laughing at posts like this!  This is funny as hell. guyton over McCain! ROFL!!!

Here's just one example of how high he is rated

http://www.examiner.com/x-19045-NFL-Draft-Examiner~y2010m2d4-Prospect-Profile-Rolando-McClain

Guyton over McCain lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: If Pats were to trade up to 10-15th spot, who would it be for?:
    McClain is 6-4 260 and runs a 4.7 Guyton is 6-3 2-45 and runs a 4.47 id rather have Guyton and i hope we trade out of the first round.  This draft is INCREDIBLY deep, and i think if we can trade our #22 for an early second, a mid 3rd and an early 5th i would do it The second round this year is going to be crazy
    Posted by Gulo

Gulo,
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you can't possibly be serious taking Guyton over McClain based strictly off of 40 time?

Sections
Shortcuts