If Slater is hurt, who is in?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

If Slater is hurt, who is in?

Slater looked to be in a lot of pain. If he is gone, who stays. Ventrone? Nunn? I am a Nunn fan because he can return, make amazing catches and play special teams. I think he has earned a spot. I know Ventrone is an all-hustle guy, but I just think Nunn does a lot more.

This is off subject, but Hoyer looked good against the Giant's scrubs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: If Slater is hurt, who is in?

Nunn

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Slater is saved by going to IR. My hope is they give his spot to Nunn and take a chance on him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Nunn would be my guess, he had a few really nice catches to go with that return tonight.

One, hoyer looked fantastic tonight against the scrubs, I missed the first quarter, so maybe somebody can answer this for me, did the starters play at all?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Pats starters no. Giants yes. Hence the early wooping by the Gents.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Re: If Slater is hurt, who is in?:
    Nunn
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ
    Nunn should make the team on merit alone. Hoyer was great after the 1st quarter and a half. Don't be surprised id Walter is released, but IMO the poissibility of AJF becoming a Pat has deminished. IMO they will keep J. Edleman and he will become the third QB with B. Hoyer becoming #2. What say you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

I heard that Nunn was making spectacular catches every day in practice...I must have heard right. That low reaching sideline catch  with his fingertips was as good a catch as I have seen and he turned upfield quickly. He runs smooth and cut crisp...this guy is a player...he will not get to the practise squad...no possibility...real tuff decision...I'd keep him....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

No way the Patriots enter the season with Hoyer and Edleman as their #2 and 3 QB's. That would be suicide. Walter is here as #2 or #3 who cares it is all semantics anyway. Only way Walter isn't here is if they decide to get AJ, but I think there is less then a 50% chance of that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

No way the Patriots enter the season with Hoyer and Edleman as their #2 and 3 QB's. That would be suicide. Walter is here as #2 or #3 who cares it is all semantics anyway. Only way Walter isn't here is if they decide to get AJ, but I think there is less then a 50% chance of that.
    Posted by DaBlade

A veteran QB to help mentor Hoyer on the sidelines and get some mop up duty would probably be the way BB goes.He'll be watching the waiver wire for an Walter upgrade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Posted by DaBlade

Your post actually made me reconsider the whole Jay Feely trade.  Now I actually don't think it will happen.  The Pats could conceivably still make a trade involving a TE but with Hoyer playing well, given only against the scrubs, they may want him as a 3rd QB thinking towards the future.  Has to have shown them something because in my mind he beat O'Connell, Guitierez and all those guys behind Cassel last season just by being on the squad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1418909. Show user_1418909's posts

McGowan

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Ventrone is in!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Nunn makes the team if Slater is put on the DL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Nunn has to be the return man if Slater is injured badly enough. Ventrone is nice as mid season replacement. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

McGowan is in, if Slater goes to IR.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

no question! Nunn shows big time skills!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Meannwhile, Brady is still reading plays off his armband to Galloway as he nods his head and looks at him funny, while Nunn is streaking upfield with the ball in his hands....AND...Maroney is two-stepping on the sidelines while the law firm is plowing forward whether there's a damn hole to go thru or not...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Meannwhile, Brady is still reading plays off his armband to Galloway as he nods his head and looks at him funny, while Nunn is streaking upfield with the ball in his hands....AND...Maroney is two-stepping on the sidelines while the law firm is plowing forward whether there's a damn hole to go thru or not...
    Posted by mountainmonkey

And Nunn is fast. Did you see that one handed catch in stride last night? Amazing for a big fast guy like Nunn. I have said it before and will say it again - JG is the surprise cut this year. I am not sure about Maroney - he is a lot faster than the law firm and against 1st string players you have to be fast.

You can not teach speed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Slater is saved by going to IR. My hope is they give his spot to Nunn and take a chance on him.
    Posted by patpscyho

X2

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonMan4. Show BostonMan4's posts

I would keep both Ventrone and Nunn...cut Galloway. He was a great player in his prime, but isnt connecting with Brady on the field. Why cut a young hard working guy like Ray Ventrone for an unproductive veteran reciever on the verge of retirement.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Nunn needs to make the team.  Heck, I'd take him over Galloway.  Galloway will be with us for what will likely be a single season.  I completely understand bringing in a vet for the short term if there is no younger player that looks promising.  I also understand that if the vet is the "missing piece of the puzzle" needed to bring home the Lombardi.  So in other words, I will not understand keeping Galloway over Nunn.  Perhaps I should say Lewis and not Galloway, but I'm just not big on signing players for such a short term unless there is a big need.  Nunn has shown he is a player.  

Now for a heaping helping of speculation.  What if Edelman, Nunn, and Tate turn out to be good receivers...  What a receiving corps we will have.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Posted by mountainmonkey

I am in complete agreement!! Well said!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

I would keep both Ventrone and Nunn...cut Galloway. He was a great player in his prime, but isnt connecting with Brady on the field. Why cut a young hard working guy like Ray Ventrone for an unproductive veteran reciever on the verge of retirement.
    Posted by BostonMan4

I agree - JG is my surprise cut nominee.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Haven't read all the posts, but it's Ventrone.  Nunn is a nice player, but is a practice squad candidate.  Ventrone can play on all ST's and both offense and defense.  Hands down. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from drawme. Show drawme's posts

Ventrone just isn't that good, though.  No real upside.

Sections
Shortcuts