if Suh falls out of the top 3...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: if Suh falls out of the top 3...

No insults, it's an interesting idea but by my estimates it would take #22, #44, #53 and a 1st next year to move into the top 5, no thank you. He might be the second coming of Seymour but to move up that much will cost us huge. That's not even mentioning what it's going to cost to sign him. We have to many holes and hitting on 2/3 of those picks this year and a potential top 10 next year, at a much lower cost, is worth more then just Suh. Now if it was for #22 and a second I'd be all for it but that's not gonna happen 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I have Bradford going 1 , the Rams just got Feely and IMHO they will play him and have Bradford sit/watch for a year. LOL no team in their right mind would go get Feely as a serious fix to their QB problems. Then I have Detriot taking Okung , Swartz is a D coach but isnt a stupid one. Hell grab Okung to protect Stafford and by doing so it makes the whole o-line better. They can then move Backus back to G which is his natural position and maybe move Janson to RT and put Cherilus to G. So far Cherilus just doesnt look like a rea , legit NFL T. At 3 TB can and will go DT. Both Suh and MCcoy would be perfect fits there. And both are versatile enough to play either 3-4 or 4-3. Im going to say they take MCcoy though , soley because hes a better fit , not a better player. I cant see Washington taking him , their inside DTs are good enough as is. I have him going to either KC or Seattle , my $ is on Seattle. And theres no way I would want the PATS to move up that much. I actually do want them to move up and grab MCclain , Berry , Haden , or Earl Thomas. I think 2 maybe 3 will fall out of the top ten. I have 2 QBs , 2 maybe 3 DTs , 4 maybe 5 OTS going top ten. So I can see that happening , why would grab a stud at 12-15? I dont think this draft is nearly as deep as everyone likes to believe. Trade up a couple spots and go get a playmaker!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: if Suh falls out of the top 3...:
    No insults, it's an interesting idea but by my estimates it would take #22, #44, #53 and a 1st next year to move into the top 5, no thank you. He might be the second coming of Seymour but to move up that much will cost us huge. That's not even mentioning what it's going to cost to sign him. We have to many holes and hitting on 2/3 of those picks this year and a potential top 10 next year, at a much lower cost, is worth more then just Suh. Now if it was for #22 and a second I'd be all for it but that's not gonna happen 
    Posted by PatsEng

I don't know much about trading picks for other picks but really, would it really take THAT MUCH to move up to get him?! I don't know...

I've been advocating for Suh since the Nebraska/Texas game. I think he's more like the next Reggie White instead of Seymour.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

Id rather not spend all those picks to move up to the #5 for Suh. But what about using the raiders #1 pick for next year to move up and grab CJ Spiller instead. From all the mock draffts i see he is going as high as #6 to as low as #20. Lets say he drops to #10 or lower it would be a good move to trade up and get him instead of all those picks for suh. not too sure on the point system for picks but would it take our raiders #1 next year and our #1 this year...if thats all it would take i would pull the trigger on that. (we never know if mcnabb goes to Oak and ruin our chances of a top 10 pick nect year)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

apdynasty - It's extremely rare to move up 17 spots in the 1st round and even more rare to move 17 spots into the top 5 but to give some comparison

09 Jets trade with Clev #17 and #52 to move up 12 spots to #5 (now Clev was very trade heavy and this years draft has extreme talent in the top 10 so the extra 5 spots + the level of talent warrents at minimum a extra 2nd)

08 Jax trade with Ravens #26, #71, #89, #125 for #8 (not a top 5 but still moving up 18 spots gives a good comparison as to what they payed)

07 Jets trade with Car #25, #59, #164 to move up 11 spots to #14

and lets not forget the trade needed to get Ricky Williams. Maybe a 1st next year would be to much but 2 2nds and our 1st with te possibility of another pick next year isn't asking to much considering the history of trades like this

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NotPickinPeyton. Show NotPickinPeyton's posts

SOmeone likes SPiller a ton... but although he may begood- this team NEEDS to have someone who can get to the opposing QB.  WHen you have a player or two that can collapse the pocket, or make the QB move his feet less than 5 seconds from the snap a defense becomes markedly better.  By most counts the NE db's are not a huge thing to celebrate about- however if they are avg, and a QB is under duress, he shall have a more difficult time attacking them.  Our defense has become lazy, and Lax... and therefore it is not one of the best in the league (even if it allows fewer yards than most). 

Less time to read and react is directly proportional to more mistakes made by the QB... see Super Bowl 2008.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

apdynasty - It's extremely rare to move up 17 spots in the 1st round and even more rare to move 17 spots into the top 5 but to give some comparison 09 Jets trade with Clev #17 and #52 to move up 12 spots to #5 (now Clev was very trade heavy and this years draft has extreme talent in the top 10 so the extra 5 spots + the level of talent warrents at minimum a extra 2nd) 08 Jax trade with Ravens #26, #71, #89, #125 for #8 (not a top 5 but still moving up 18 spots gives a good comparison as to what they payed) 07 Jets trade with Car #25, #59, #164 to move up 11 spots to #14 and lets not forget the trade needed to get Ricky Williams. Maybe a 1st next year would be to much but 2 2nds and our 1st with te possibility of another pick next year isn't asking to much considering the history of trades like this
    Posted by PatsEng

Very interesting. I wasn't trying to insult you or anything but on the surface, it looked like too much to give up.

In that case, I don't think Suh's worth that kind of sacrifice. While he would certainly help, and I think he's a great kid from a good family, we have too many other holes to fill to make that sort of jump.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Wishful thinking that he's going to fall, but if he did I would consider it. This guy could add so much to an area of need and we all saw what a young Seymore did for this defense years ago. He would be filling more than one hole by being able to add pressure and solidifying the right side of your line for years to come. He would make others look better as well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

If some posters here are correct, because of the lack of off-season moves from the Patriots, we could have 2 top 10 picks in the draft next year.

Just think of the possibilities. lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

personally i think BB should trade the 2011 #1 pick he got from the raydas, and a #2 pick next year and for the #1 pick this year and get Suh.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: if Suh falls out of the top 3... : I don't know much about trading picks for other picks but really, would it really take THAT MUCH to move up to get him?! I don't know... I've been advocating for Suh since the Nebraska/Texas game. I think he's more like the next Reggie White instead of Seymour.
    Posted by apdynasty23

AP...+1. He has more potential than any D lineman I've seen come out since probably Julius Peppers. Unfortunately he won't drop out of the top 3. This guy really has his head screwed on straight as far as work ethic and off the field stuff too. Scouts and coaches love him because he is a workaholic in the film room and really smart as far as the game goes also.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If some posters here are correct, because of the lack of off-season moves from the Patriots, we could have 2 top 10 picks in the draft next year. Just think of the possibilities. lol
    Posted by digger0862

Interesting thought but I'm not counting on the Raiders being a top 10 pick yet. LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i'm sure everyone saw Suh play in the Big 12 Championship game. nebraska had no offense waht to speak of. Suh was the single difference that kept nebraska in the game to the end. He is a must have player on defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: if Suh falls out of the top 3... : AP...+1. He has more potential than any D lineman I've seen come out since probably Julius Peppers. Unfortunately he won't drop out of the top 3. This guy really has his head screwed on straight as far as work ethic and off the field stuff too. Scouts and coaches love him because he is a workaholic in the film room and really smart as far as the game goes also.
    Posted by ewhite1065

I would have to agree, Suh is a beast. When he gains another 25-30 pounds, like all DTs after 5 years in the league; he will dominate. A 4-3 would be best for him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

personally i think BB should trade the 2011 #1 pick he got from the raydas, and a #2 pick next year and for the #1 pick this year and get Suh.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

I agree with you on trading that pick for something in this draft.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: if Suh falls out of the top 3... : AP...+1. He has more potential than any D lineman I've seen come out since probably Julius Peppers. Unfortunately he won't drop out of the top 3. This guy really has his head screwed on straight as far as work ethic and off the field stuff too. Scouts and coaches love him because he is a workaholic in the film room and really smart as far as the game goes also.
    Posted by ewhite1065

That's why I love the kid so much. He comes from a really good family and he's very into the two cultures his parents come from. His coach at Nebraska, Bo, even said during the Texas/Nebraska game that Suh approached him and said "I want to be able to do everything on defense, Coach. Help me become that." Then, as you alluded to, he really became a film room junkie and that explains the huge steps he's taken in batting down passes.

Stuff like that, to me, stands out more

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

yeah he really seems like the real deal to me. i wonder if his potential will be squandered if he ends up in a mess of a franchise like detroit or tampa. or washington. or oakland. or st. louis. too bad he wont end up here...BB would turn him into a heck of a player.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think it woudl take too much as someone details here to move up in the top 10 to grab Suh....

Like some, I'm a huge advocate of trading away the Oakland 2011 1st rounder we have. Next year is next year, and there are no guarantees/too many unknowns in terms of the rookie pay scale, lockouts, etc. I would rather cash that chip in today as I believe that chip today is worth more today than next year given the depth of this year's draft. 

The question is...What can we get for that Oakland 2011 1st rounder?....If we assume it's a top 15 pick...

We all know that BB could of had a 2nd rounder this year instead of that 1st rounder next, but I think he did the right thing, because, having a 1st rounder gives you more flexibility for whatever he wants to do. 

BB is going to have more flexibility this year than any years past to do pretty much anything he wants..move up, back, side to side, whatever....I just want to see a sense of urgency to win and win this year...meaning, no flipping 2010 picks to 2011, unless they are 2010 6th or 7th round picks. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

st.louis doesn't want him, they want Bradford. its a shame he couds end up on a loser for a few years with the talent he has. would really like to see BB do the opposite of what he normally does and try and get Suh.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: if Suh falls out of the top 3... : That's why I love the kid so much. He comes from a really good family and he's very into the two cultures his parents come from. His coach at Nebraska, Bo, even said during the Texas/Nebraska game that Suh approached him and said "I want to be able to do everything on defense, Coach. Help me become that." Then, as you alluded to, he really became a film room junkie and that explains the huge steps he's taken in batting down passes. Stuff like that, to me, stands out more
    Posted by apdynasty23

We have so many draft picks and one guy like that can make your whole draft. I don't even know if it's possible but I'd give up what ever the fair value is to get him.If you've seen any of my past posts you know I'm Huge Nebraska Fan.  We've had a lot of great Defensive players over the years but this guy is best.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Sure Suh will be a monster (although there are no sure things in the NFL) BUT will our net gain from the difference between suh and the DE we could get at #22 worth, our 2010 #1, two of our 2010 #2s, our 2011 #1 and probably more still to get Suh?

N-F-W!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I was sold on Suh when I saw him against a top rated team like texas in the Big 12 championship game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: if Suh falls out of the top 3... : Very interesting. I wasn't trying to insult you or anything but on the surface, it looked like too much to give up. In that case, I don't think Suh's worth that kind of sacrifice. While he would certainly help, and I think he's a great kid from a good family, we have too many other holes to fill to make that sort of jump.
    Posted by apdynasty23

No insult taken, just pointing out what I was looking at.

Suh looks like a great player and a sure fire star but it just looks like we'd have to pay way to much in order to move up that far to grab him. As far as the 2011 picks go, BB has always looked long term for the team so I can't see him giving away 2 high picks this year and a potential top 10 pick next year for any player. Now giving up NE's 1st next year and say their 4th this year to grab another 2nd this year is possible but I think he'd trade #22 back into a 2nd and 3rd then try to flip the 3rd into a 2nd next year before he traded future picks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think trading up to #2 or #3 for Suh is a bit rich unless we use the Oakland 2011 pick plus our 1st this year to do so, maybe with another late or 4th rounder sprinkled in..but< i don't see it happening.

I have seen Rolando McClain dropping a bit, say in the 12-18 range. Would you guys make the move up for him?