If Talib Isn't Retained

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: If Talib Isn't Retained

In response to rkarp's comment:

in Florida, but hearing second hand that the Pats feel Talib is better than most any CB on the market. They are also very concerned about the $$$ CB's will get even witrh a glut available...

Pats may franchise or transition Talib today pending how the last minute negotiations with his agent go today.

I could be happy with Talib, Dennerd, Arrington and maybe Ras as CB next year. WOuldnt surprise me if the Pats go with McCourt, Wilson, Gregory and a free agent AND a high draft choice at S.

I hope that this is exactly how it plays out.  Possible with a Dunta Robinson or Reed team friendly deal....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

in Florida, but hearing second hand that the Pats feel Talib is better than most any CB on the market. They are also very concerned about the $$$ CB's will get even witrh a glut available...

Pats may franchise or transition Talib today pending how the last minute negotiations with his agent go today.

I could be happy with Talib, Dennerd, Arrington and maybe Ras as CB next year. WOuldnt surprise me if the Pats go with McCourt, Wilson, Gregory and a free agent AND a high draft choice at S.

I hope that this is exactly how it plays out.  Possible with a Dunta Robinson or Reed team friendly deal....

Yeah, they could go S in Rd 1 of the draft and then just pay Talib with the transition or maybe a well positioned, longer term deal (2-3 years).

I don't buy the market being bloated like it was a few years ago when Winfield, Clements. Samuel, Robinson and then Asamougha all had totally overpriced deals. That's agent-speak, but I doubt these guys will be these 10 mil per kind of deals.  They could if they al signed with the cap free teams like Cleveland, Miami, etc. 

Note how none of the teams those guys signed with did anything of note in the postseason. Atlanta and Robinson would be the only example.

Overpaying for CBs can really hurt the team elsewhere.

Well I guess that's why GM's are always on the move... These are hard decisions to make. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I do think there are 5-6 CB's that will get $8-$10, and one of those CB's should be Talib. Pats like him, but still weary of him. They want to see more before 100% commiting to him. The transition tag could do that.

I agree, also that there are 10-12 CB's that will be in that $5-$8 range, but I do think there is a drop off with these guys from the top tier. Given the fact that Arrington is still unsigned, Dennerd still relatively raw and Ras injury prone, I can understand the Pats trepidation

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts