IF Talib signs Eslewhere....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

IF Talib signs Eslewhere....

I dont think he will, but the possibility is there. If they can move on from Wes, I def. can see them moving on if the Skins give him a higher offer. I am guessing they have a backup plan but last night I started thinking.(will BB just do what he always does and come back and try to make D.Martin a starter or will he just re-sign arrington)  Naaaaaaa!  Eff That! He HAS to be thinking bigger. So my money is on BB paying none of these free agents any mind.(lets be real, outside of Talib, noone of these guys offer an intriging skillset and size that are remaining)

Sooooo, I think BB is gonna try to go after one of the top CBs in the draft this year. I dont know if would be our 1st rounder, but he is def. spending a high pick. Too many intriging prospects not too. I heard Tryann sat down with the Pats and they grilled him pretty hard with questions. He said they were the most concerned and really asked hard questions. I dont know if they really like him but they me thinking of him as a value pick if he slips to the 3rd due to his off field issues. Just like Hernandez, just smoking dope, bring em on! He is only 5'9, but is comparable to Joe Haden down in Cleveland with his physical play and man coverage ability and sounds like a confident kid. I would take any of the top prospects but this possible value pick sounds intriging.

thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: IF Talib signs Eslewhere....

I love to have Mathieu and think he could be or 3rd round pick but because of size not sure he'd be anything more then a slot CB in the pro's. It's tough being 5'9" and trying to cover 6'2"+ guys. But, I'd love to pick him up in a heartbeat

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I love to have Mathieu and think he could be or 3rd round pick but because of size not sure he'd be anything more then a slot CB in the pro's. It's tough being 5'9" and trying to cover 6'2"+ guys. But, I'd love to pick him up in a heartbeat

he is even smaller than Dennard no way he can play outside

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I hope it doesn't come down to that Triple! Get Talib and Adrian Wilson/Ed Reed signed and I will be a happy camper.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

They will definitely sign a veteran CB even if Talib signs elsewhere, although if they don't move fast they might not have much to choose from.....

I'd be pretty sick if they went into the season with Dennard and someone like Marcus Trufant as the starting CB's though. For the third consecutive season I have high hopes for Ras I Dowling to come in and make an impact but can't really hold my breath on that one. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

There's options...

Besides if the back end was solidified with Adrian Wilson then suddenly the need for another shut down corner is minimized.  There are still a bunch of solid corners available...

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I don't think Talib will sign elsewhere. New England will hammer out a deal with him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I dont know what he can do but the kid said he looked forward to matching up with CJ if he could, and thats some confidence. Joe haden is also 5'9". It depends on your vertical and style of play I think and Im not saying yes or no, Im just saying a guy named Darrel Green was a Hall of Famer playing outside at 5'9"

I mean, if they wanna spend # 29, they can get a better prospect with ideal height but we do still have Ras i so I dont know how I feel about it. Some reason, smaller CBs do well here. Dennard played pretty well outside last year but Ideally I wouldnt want him starting outside as he does compete but sooner or later 5'9 is 5'9 unless you have a great vert. I think this Tryann kid is much more athletic and Dennards stocky, safety type build worries me going into year 2 as a few recent guys have fell off going into their second year. I think we need to Grab a legit # 1, a veteran CB 2nd tier and grab a good prospect in the draft 3rd rd or higher and we would be ok with Wilson and maybe a late day S prospect to groom. I would light up a Fattie to that