If teams chose to double Big Vince...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If teams chose to double Big Vince...

... Easley should destroy single blocks due to his elite burst of the snap/snap anticipation, tenacity and quickness.

Either way, you've now given opposing OC's a lot to think about as you'll have to gameplan for this kid... and you can't double he, VW and Chandler... should be fun to watch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Re: If teams chose to double Big Vince...

Devil's Advocate (and my honest feelings): How explosive can we expect Easley to be when hampered by recurring knee and ankle injuries? He lacks ideal size and arm length and relies on his quick step and strong hands to penetrate. Take away his wheels and what do you have?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Devil's Advocate (and my honest feelings): How explosive can we expect Easley to be when hampered by recurring knee and ankle injuries? He lacks ideal size and arm length and relies on his quick step and strong hands to penetrate. Take away his wheels and what do you have?

[/QUOTE]

BB and staff are clearly less worried about his knees than the fanbase... so I'll assume he'll be 100% and ready to distrupt until proven otherwise.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB and staff are clearly less worried about his knees than the fanbase... so I'll assume he'll be 100% and ready to distrupt until proven otherwise.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I hope you're right but I heard the same thing about Ras-I too

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Not trying to be negative but if Vince doesn't command double teams due to age/injury, what can we expect?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I appreciate your effort to see the positives...and yes, there are some (ability to be featured in nickel/sub/pass rush packages, versatility to play tackle/end, and team captain along with award winner for metal/physical toughness)

But this pick scares me...

Maybe I was just too attached to Bitonio. The idea of adding a tough, durable, versatile offensive lineman seemed much better than adding an injury prone, undersized defensive lineman.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Ras I proved that everytime you take a guy who has heen injured that guy will ge a bust! Big mistake by BB. You should only take the guys who don't get injured. It's so obvious.

[object HTMLDivElement]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ras I proved that everytime you take a guy who has heen injured that guy will ge a bust! Big mistake by BB. You should only take the guys who don't get injured. It's so obvious.

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well lets see True, get a guy who battles injures throughout all of college or get a guy who had no major injury issues. Which do you think is likely to have injury issues in the Pro's? Can't dismiss everything as bad luck and freak injures. Some players are just injury prone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Gronk has been a bust too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

He also plays with and Edge, emotion... THIS D needs that... THIS TEAM NEEDS THAT !

Defense is looking great, we r only 2 players (DE,S) away from the kind of defense we need to stop Denver and get to the SuperBowl.

GO PATS !!!!

I love the New England Patriots, but i am not a fanatic. I want the team to win games the right way, playing good football. I demand the best from the players and the organization, because i support them the best way i can.          ISAAC ANDREU

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I suspect Easley is going to be eased and rotated in much in the same way Collins was last year.  Slow, steady, with more snaps coming later in the season.  He was showing that same burst he is famous for at his personal workout last month, so as the year progresses he should be as good as new. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I appreciate your effort to see the positives...and yes, there are some (ability to be featured in nickel/sub/pass rush packages, versatility to play tackle/end, and team captain along with award winner for metal/physical toughness)

But this pick scares me...

Maybe I was just too attached to Bitonio. The idea of adding a tough, durable, versatile offensive lineman seemed much better than adding an injury prone, undersized defensive lineman.

I think we all have at least a little concern due to his injury history... I'm just trusting that BB/Staff did their homework (naive or not) and that he'll be ready to go when called upon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Let's see if Vince can even make it out of camp in one piece and playing at a professional level before we start projecting fantasy scenarios.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I really like this guy. This is what I've been looking for on D-Line. Speed not bulk. Plays low, with powerful starting burst, gets under O-Lineman, pushes them back into QB. Plays with heart, combine that with his speed, and you get good pursuit. You need that from D-Lineman, because of mistackles.
    I like length, but he plays so low, might be best for his built.
    Great Pick.

This guy is no Dowling, he wants to play football.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The best answer anyone can give is that he came back from the first knee injury and had that ungodly burst. So if he is healthy he should be good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes, yes EVERY time. Like lets see... out of the very many one could point to Frank Gore. Yes, He is a good example. He PROVES that EVERY time you take a guy who has been injured the guy will be a bust.

Lets always jump to absolutes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

he is a rookie, who may be not at full strength in camp.

it took Collins 13-14 games in to start to see the field, and he arrived healthy...to think Easley is going to come in and force Kelly to the bench is kind of ridiculous IMO...

a really good first season for Easley would be full participation in camp, about 20-30% of the DL snaps this season, improving his strength, and learning under VW and Kelly. Ditto Armstead and Siligia

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

VW is doubled on almost every play. When healthy Easley is unblockable one on one...he's got the impact and game inside that an "in his prime" Dwight Freeny had on the outside. He did this with one leg with a repaired ACL. The way they fix ACL's now it's pretty much less of an injury to recover from than a broken foot bone (the worst) or leg. If he's healthy he's a great pick. It's all on BB now...all the goat horns or all the credit.

And yes...no rookie plays all the time under BB...you learn from the vets and expand your role slowly if possible....BB gives you time to learn how to be a pro...Easley will be no different.

Above all else, BB loves veterans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

he is a rookie, who may be not at full strength in camp.

it took Collins 13-14 games in to start to see the field, and he arrived healthy...to think Easley is going to come in and force Kelly to the bench is kind of ridiculous IMO...

a really good first season for Easley would be full participation in camp, about 20-30% of the DL snaps this season, improving his strength, and learning under VW and Kelly. Ditto Armstead and Siligia

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree. I think they start him slow and he slowly takes over snaps by mid season. By the end of the season we'll know what we got but it will be if he can give 15-16 games as a starter in his second year which might determine if he can stay healthy or not.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes, yes EVERY time. Like lets see... out of the very many one could point to Frank Gore. Yes, He is a good example. He PROVES that EVERY time you take a guy who has been injured the guy will be a bust.

Lets always jump to absolutes.

[/QUOTE]

All generalizations are bad.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

assuming Wilfork returns to form; which I think is unlikely based on his size and type of injury.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

... Easley should destroy single blocks due to his elite burst of the snap/snap anticipation, tenacity and quickness.

Either way, you've now given opposing OC's a lot to think about as you'll have to gameplan for this kid... and you can't double he, VW and Chandler... should be fun to watch.

[/QUOTE]

He should. I watched the 2013 sugar bowl highlights where Floyd and Easley were playing together. They were a load. If vw can still command doubles, Easley is going to make plays, ditto jones and hopefully nink/smith. He look like he plays bigger than 288. I think his technique, quickness and violent hands are a lot to handle. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing when they drafted him...this should really open things up. Jones was the focus of attention when Wilfork went down, things could really improve with this kid providing inside pressure - Jones will get 5 "clean up sacks" extra a year. And let's not forget what Browning and Revis will do for the pass rush too.

Sections
Shortcuts