If the bag job truly was a penalty - I would have been called in first quarter of game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

If the bag job truly was a penalty - I would have been called in first quarter of game

Jets first PAT - watch replay. Jones does EXACT same thing and its legal. If the "emphasis" on calling it actually existed the flag would have been thrown then, meaning 15 yards would have been applied on kickoff - so Jets kick from 50 putting ball through endzone putting ball on 20. Basically NO effect on game outcome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: If the bag job truly was a penalty - I would have been called in first quarter of game

It's obviously a conspiracy.

1.  The NFL hates the Pats.

2.  The NFL loves the Jets.

3.  The NFL hates Belichick.

4.  The NFL hates Kraft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: If the bag job truly was a penalty - I would have been called in first quarter of game

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's obviously a conspiracy.

1.  The NFL hates the Pats.

2.  The NFL loves the Jets.

3.  The NFL hates Belichick.

4.  The NFL hates Kraft.

[/QUOTE]

Tell us something we DONT know next time

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jets first PAT - watch replay. Jones does EXACT same thing and its legal. If the "emphasis" on calling it actually existed the flag would have been thrown then, meaning 15 yards would have been applied on kickoff - so Jets kick from 50 putting ball through endzone putting ball on 20. Basically NO effect on game outcome.

[/QUOTE]

The conspiracist would say it was a Ace in the hole for the ref that helped fix the game...of course to be used only when the game could be affected.

At the very least when the NFL changes a rule or wants to start enforcing a rule on the books (that has never been called before) they should call it a few time when a game IS NOT ON THE LINE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

BB's misinterpretation of the rule.

Rex probably tipped off the zebras.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Pats did what they could do to lose yesterday..........but timing of this call was really suspicious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you mean during the Jets FG attempt in the first Qtr?  It sounds like that you are implying that the Pats have been pushing on every play and that they should have been caught earlier.  Is that right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not a misinterpretation of the rule at all. The rule was CHANGED.  CHANGED.

LAST WEEK.

FACT

[/QUOTE]

I just looked at my rule book from the beginning of the seaon.  It is worded in the exact same way.  What does your rule book say?  Better yet, why does Belichick have such a hard time with the NFL rules?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not a misinterpretation of the rule at all. The rule was CHANGED.  CHANGED.

LAST WEEK.

FACT

[/QUOTE]

Oh, the world according to rusty.

Here is the real world:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4751578/misinterpretation-costly-for-belichick-pats

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you mean during the Jets FG attempt in the first Qtr?  It sounds like that you are implying that the Pats have been pushing on every play and that they should have been caught earlier.  Is that right?

[/QUOTE]

Sad i have to explain as you obviously dont have the mental capacity to figure out yourself that the timing of the play is very suspicious. And while you are focusing on rules and the play, you might notice the Pats rusher being pulled down by the neck....which you may be aware is a holding penalty.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

It was clearly a violation of a rule -- fine. They called the penalty, and, apparently, rightfully so. Fine... whatever, I can accept that and move on.

With one stipulation.

I can accept the call IF, and ONLY if, the call was made consistently throughout the game. It has been evidenced rather clearly that this violation occurred multiple times during the course of the game, and by the Jets, as well. 

That's the bothersome part of the ordeal, and that's what is raising eyebrows and bringing out the conspiracy theorists... and they have justification in their cynicism. For that flag to come at that stage in the game, after clearly occurring and not being penalized earlier, is the upsetting (and "sketchy" (for lack of a better word)) part. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

We can comlain about the rule all we want but in the end what is the age old adage, "Never put yourself or your team in a position where an official’s call can decide the game for you"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

One could believe BB will look at all of the other game films to see what was or WASN'T called.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One could believe BB will look at all of the other game films to see what was or WASN'T called.

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he does that after pass interference is not called against the Pats to see if it was called against other teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

LAST WEEK.

FACT

[/QUOTE]

The rule was changed?  How did they reprint the books so quickly and date them from before the season.  Something fishy is going on here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Crap call.  First time in over 400 fg attempts ever called this year. And the explanation clarfied by the NFL and actually changed in print after the call is riduclous.  I would expect Kraft to lodge a complaint. And now I would expect this call to be made EVERY time a teams line up for the fg.  The Pats clearly had opportunties to win this game before the OT- but that's not the point- refs should not decide game outcome. The push dod not hamper the Jets fg attempt at all. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Crap call.  First time in over 400 fg attempts ever called this year. And the explanation clarfied by the NFL and actually changed in print after the call is riduclous.  I would expect Kraft to lodge a complaint. And now I would expect this call to be made EVERY time a teams line up for the fg.  The Pats clearly had opportunties to win this game before the OT- but that's not the point- refs should not decide game outcome. The push dod not hamper the Jets fg attempt at all. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, it seems nobody else here will answer this question.  Seeing that you brought it up, I'll ask again.  If the push effected the kick, say a block, should it then have been called?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Well,  the Jets won their Superbowl yesterday.

They won two games so far due to dubious calls.

This will be the last we'll hear about them.

Jets trolls don't bother to reply.  You're all on ignore including NAS.  Don't know if he's a Jets fan but he's definitely a Troll.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

A few new trolls on this board with the same old drivel.  Ignore. Don't get the draw- never have had any interest in going to other team fan boards. What a waste of time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Remember this one?????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

We can comlain about the rule all we want but in the end what is the age old adage, "Never put yourself or your team in a position where an official’s call can decide the game for you"

THat removes accountability from the refs, then. So, that means the refs should not be paid. It should be a volunteer and rules or application or rules don't matter.

RUSTY

I am sorry to say that the reality is that one cannot allow the refs to decide the game for you. It is hard to accept and is savage injustice but the reality. Every team gets screwed by the refs from time to time.

All one can do is move on with dignity. This is why I don't take the NFL seriously, the officiating is so arbitrary and its works this way for all teams.

The arbitrariness of the officiating across the league (along with the injury factor) is another reason to focus on building consistently good teams vs trying to build exceptional,(but high risk) championship teams. Too much is outside our control.

Sections
Shortcuts