If The Pass Rush and Pass Coverage Were The 2 Biggest Needs - Were They Addressed By Draft?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

If The Pass Rush and Pass Coverage Were The 2 Biggest Needs - Were They Addressed By Draft?

I don't think so.  Still some work to do w/ free agents so that we have competition and depth come training camp.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Re: If The Pass Rush and Pass Coverage Were The 2 Biggest Needs - Were They Addressed By Draft?

Gee - 1st pick on a pass rushing DE/LB who has great speed and athleticism and experience dropping in coverage.

Two 3rd rounders spent on a CB and a S.

I guess they compltely mssed the mark.

Oh yeah - personally improving the WR corps was a high priority for the team - probably higher than the other two. Did the do anything about that - a 2nd and 4th rounder spent on big bodied, fast receivers.

Another complete miss I guess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: If The Pass Rush and Pass Coverage Were The 2 Biggest Needs - Were They Addressed By Draft?

dude, I didn't say they had zero impact.....and, no, WR wasn't a higher need than pass rush and dbs

Wilson should help; assuming Talib can stay healthy all year....and as a rookie, I don't expect collins, ryan, or harmon to have an immediate impact this year (mebbe Collins might).

IMO, Hunt's presence (who we passed over) could have had an immediate impact in certain situations just because of his height and long arms - making it harder for QBs - and, if there was any chance that he could use that long reach to harrass opposing QBs....I would've rather had him vs. Collins.  If the Patriot are gonna reach with Harmon, why not w/ Hunt?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

dude, I didn't say they had zero impact.....and, no, WR wasn't a higher need than pass rush and dbs

Wilson should help; assuming Talib can stay healthy all year....and as a rookie, I don't expect collins, ryan, or harmon to have an immediate impact this year (mebbe Collins might).

IMO, Hunt's presence (who we passed over) could have had an immediate impact in certain situations just because of his height and long arms - making it harder for QBs - and, if there was any chance that he could use that long reach to harrass opposing QBs....I would've rather had him vs. Collins.  If the Patriot are gonna reach with Harmon, why not w/ Hunt?

Collins has a 41.5 inch vertical, the same length arms and is only 4 inches shorter - take that into account and I think Collins on passing downs is likely to cause as many problems for QBs as Hunt would have. And QBs will not know if he is rushing or dropping into coverage causing more presnap confusion.

And Hunt is already 26 and had knee and shoulder surgeries so durability is a bit of a red flag. Collins is 22 with no known injuries - played every game of his four years.

I think Hunt may be very good in the NFL if he stays healthy, but I think Collins will be too.  And I really like the speed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

Collins has a 41.5 inch vertical, the same length arms and is only 4 inches shorter - take that into account and I think Collins on passing downs is likely to cause as many problems for QBs as Hunt would have. And QBs will not know if he is rushing or dropping into coverage causing more presnap confusion.

And Hunt is already 26 and had knee and shoulder surgeries so durability is a bit of a red flag. Collins is 22 with no known injuries - played every game of his four years.

I think Hunt may be very good in the NFL if he stays healthy, but I think Collins will be too.  And I really like the speed.

hey, if the Patriots can contain the edge and get pressure up the middle from Collins - that would be a good thing....

I just wanted to go into training camp with tons of DE/OLB competing....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

"If The Pass Rush and Pass Coverage Were The 2 Biggest Needs - Were They Addressed By Draft?"

Yes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

I don't think so.  Still some work to do w/ free agents so that we have competition and depth come training camp.

#1 pass rush

we got a "freak" pass rushing olb

we got a relentles de who if he stays oout of trouble looks more determined than c jones

we got a big outside wr

a big bodied strong 6 ft outside wr

wes wleker 2.0 speed and more strenth than welker

need 3 

pass coverage

im less confident in what we pciked up ther. 

ryan a slow cb who is said to not be able to play pres man need cover 2 cause of his speed

and may need to move to fs cause of his speed.

good question

wew will see

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

hey, if the Patriots can contain the edge and get pressure up the middle from Collins - that would be a good thing....

I just wanted to go into training camp with tons of DE/OLB competing....

agree with your conclusion. i wanted carradine. couldve ahd him day 2 top 5-10 talent. when are we going to get another chance on a top 5-10 de talent?

Sections
Shortcuts