If they don't Flex Broncos game today, they can't Flex?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

If they don't Flex Broncos game today, they can't Flex?

Is today the last day to Flex that game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: If they don't Flex Broncos game today, they can't Flex?

I believe so. Chargers - Ravens looks lopsided now and the only other game of the week that might get moved to it would be Eagles - Jets. Of course they very well might move that one because of how America loves to tune in to a sideshow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

why is today the last day to flex? does the rule state that it has to be done 12 days before the game?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

you're right.  from NFL.com:

A flexible scheduling move would be announced at least 12 days before the game. For Week 17, the change will be announced no later than six days before the game. The schedule does not list a Sunday night game in Week 17, but an afternoon game with playoff implications will be moved to that time slot to conclude the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport 
    RapSheet: In case you’re wondering . . . Decision on Tebow game flexed til tomorrow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: If they don't Flex Broncos game today, they can't Flex?:
    RapSheet   Ian R. Rapoport   RapSheet: In case you’re wondering . . . Decision on Tebow game flexed til tomorrow.
    Posted by Rocky

1st they said midnight, now it's tomorrow? 
    Kraft and the Pats are fighting it hard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Kraft doesn't want it.  In the end, I think the Broncos-Pats game gets flexed to Sunday night prime time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

i was listening to the NFL radio today and suposedly there is a lot of discussion about this with the NFL. NBC flexed the Detroit / NO game from Fox , because they protected the Giants Packers game. Thus Fox got to show denver / Atlanta which would have been a CBS game ( Denver road game) as compensation at 1:00 . Now CBS is ticked at losing   2 Tebow games in a row.

what confuses me is why CBS didnt protect Pats/ Denver

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

NO BRAINER.. U mustttt FLEX TEBOW vs brady.. this is tebow's game to superstardommmm!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

NO BRAINER.. U mustttt FLEX TEBOW vs brady.. this is tebow's game to superstardommmm!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

More likely obscurity, where he belongs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

i hope this game doesnt get flexed i cant stand sunday night games

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

NO BRAINER.. U mustttt FLEX tebow vs BRADY.. this is tebow's game to superstardommmm!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/NBC-and-CBS-are-in-a-Tim-Tebow-tug-of-war;_ylt=AgoBkOBKhspFQ3P33k3a6QRDubYF?urn=nfl-wp13351

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

NFL delays flex call on Patriots-Broncos

Posted by Chad Finn, Globe Staff December 6, 2011 08:13 PM

"Since flex scheduling was implemented in 2006, there are no other documented instances of a decision being held until a Wednesday."

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2011/12/nfl_to_decide_on_patriots-bron.html

"The Kraft Group, of which he is the founder, chairman and CEO, is partnered with CBS in a restaurant venture at Patriot Place in Foxborough.

A source with the Patriots said Kraft, the chairman of the league’s broadcast committee, is sympathetic to both sides but may have some reservations about how a time change would affect the team’s travel plans back from Denver.

A spokesman for the Broncos said the team had no preference for when the game is played."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I understand why NBC would want it flexed (and CBS wouldn't), but as a fan I'd prefer it stay where it is.  Either way I'll be watching, but this way I get to go to bed a little earlier. Unless you can't watch at 4:15, why would any Pats fans want it to be flexed?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I would love to see if flexed but I'm on the west coast and it wouldn't be late for me.

Why is Kraft fighting it so hard?  Is the reason because he has a business relationship with CBS or is there more to it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I would love to see if flexed but I'm on the west coast and it wouldn't be late for me. Why is Kraft fighting it so hard?  Is the reason because he has a business relationship with CBS or is there more to it?
    Posted by TFB12

Yes, he has a relationship with Phil Simms, the CBS announcer for the game but another more important reason is that he doesn't want his team stressed by the long trip home in the middle of the night. He wants them rested for Miami the week after.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

I'll never understand why flying across the country 4 hours later than they otherwise would have still has an effect on the players almost a full week later.  I understand the "short week" often has an impact (teams playing on Monday night not looking sharp the following Sunday), but not a few hours difference

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamchampy. Show iamchampy's posts

In Response to Re: If they don't Flex Broncos game today, they can't Flex? : Yes, he has a relationship with Phil Simms, the CBS announcer for the game but another more important reason is that he doesn't want his team stressed by the long trip home in the middle of the night. He wants them rested for Miami the week after.
    Posted by NYC

I doubt his personal relationship with Phil Simms has anything to do with him fighting so hard. Kraft and CBS (the network) have a working business relationship. There is a whole restaurant & bar at his Patriots Place called "CBS Scene", not Phil Simms Scene. 

The fight Kraft is putting up is all about money. If the game is not broadcast on CBS, then CBS doesn't get that money.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

kraft is the chairman of the league's broadcast commitee its his job to get involved in these matters it has nothing to do with his relationship to CBS

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamchampy. Show iamchampy's posts

kraft is the chairman of the league's broadcast commitee its his job to get involved in these matters it has nothing to do with his relationship to CBS
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08

Well, considering Kraft is a board member of Viacom, which owns CBS, I disagree with you. I think it has everything to do with his relationship to CBS.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

CBS got hosed by the flex last week - in the interest of fairness they had to let CBS keep the Den-NE game. 

Sections
Shortcuts