If they release Brady i'm done with the Pats!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

If they release Brady i'm done with the Pats!!

I know one player plain and simple never makes a team, and the current regime believes in good business and good cap management. But if they release Brady after this year i don't believe in the regime anymore plain and simple. He's just had the best season of any player to come off an ACL injury and that is simply a fact. In my opinion he's the best QB ever Peyton's a robot, Montana will simply be surpassed in time by Tommy. I'm actually shocked at the discussion tonight on NFL network that's why i'm posting this. Belichick's a genius, but to be honest no coach ever has done anything without a franchise QB, he may have learned his lesson's hard but he wasn't the genius he is today with the browns and honestly he was no genius in his one year as head coach with Bledsoe although he did do ok with Cassell under centre.To be frank Brady's not just any player he's probably the best ever and if he goes i leave with him and i'm sure i'm not the only one. PAY HIM!! He loves the team enough to sign for decent and not Peyton money. It's the least we can do we have 3 rings because of him      

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: If they release Brady i'm done with the Pats!!

Personally, I wouldn't worry about this happening any time soon, but I won't be a bit surprised when many (many, many) Pats fans of recent vintage disappear when Brady and Belichick are gone and the Pats don't necessarily dominate the divsion (and the league) they way they have in the previous decade.

We didn't need you before it became easy to be a Pats fan and we won't miss you when you're gone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpiece. Show greenpiece's posts

Im with you Mike.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Does anyone else smell a troll?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I'm no troll man , but the front office had better not turn their back on the most important man in franchise history because of a few injuries. I doubt he'll be gone myself but I don't trust this regime any more can you say we'd have had Wilfork back if we had had the chance to sign Peppers honestly... I don't think we would have we'd have moved on with Brace. Quoting Warren Sapp Football teams aren't families they're brotherhoods of men. Your talking like Brady's just another man, fact is he isn't he could in fact be the finest player to ever take to the gridiron and what's more the man epitomises the american dream i.e. if you work hard enough anything is possible. Call me a troll all you want or a bandwagon rider but the point i'm trying to make is that moving on without Tom Brady at this point in his career is pure insanity. I say bring on 2010 and I doubt anyone will be wondering whether he gets a 5 year extension. I just ask for a bit of loyalty to the greatest player to ever pull on a Patriot jersey!!  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I'll be annoyed at them thoroughly btw, done with them is a bit of an overstatement. Pats fan for life!! Trying to compare it to the 49ers situation in the early 90's is crazy Hoyer's no Young from what i've seen.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Personally, I wouldn't worry about this happening any time soon, but I won't be a bit surprised when many (many, many) Pats fans of recent vintage disappear when Brady and Belichick are gone and the Pats don't necessarily dominate the divsion (and the league) they way they have in the previous decade.
    We didn't need you before it became easy to be a Pats fan and we won't miss you when you're gone
    ."

"Tell Us a lil' sum'in about da war, man."
    "The war on new fans?"
    "The Warrr, On NEW f'in Fans!"
    "Well, see, About new fans---...".
    (screeee-) ("quick plug iit back in-") ("we can't here you, speak up-") 
    "...---And that's all I have to say 'bout that."
    (Laz patting Prairie on the shoulder-)
    "You said it all, man...dat's a right on. Was' your name man?"
    "My name's Mike...Prairie Mike."
    "Prar-e Mike."
    Crowd: "MIKE!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

danemcmenamin I'm with U 100%. I'm a season ticket holder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

no need to get upset over nothing...im pretty sure the pats know what they are doing...and continue to prove it year in an year out....

as far as when bill does retire...that will be a sad day but it could be some time before that even happens and I see more super bowls in his and our futures...

but even so I have all the confidence in the world we will get the second best coach/manager...when that does happen..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

You would be pathetic to turn your back on your favorite team, if they moved on past your favorite player.  Part of sports is seeing great players get wived, traded or retired.  Don't be such a wuss, and just get over it, if it happens. 

The Patriots will remain competitive for decades.  Belichik and Kraft have a phenominal relationship, and that will continue.  When BB got busted for spygate, he was fined $500,000, the next week he signed a contract extension with a $500,000 signing bonus.  So long as Kraft is owner, and BB pulls the reigns, the Pats dynasty will continue.  The only way Brady would be released, is if his skills diminished.  It likely won't be salary driven. 

Anyway, shame on you for considering jumping ship, if they released Brady.  Nothing worse than a fair weather fan.  You punk!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Your all retarted, he's the best thing that will ever happen 2 the new england area.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Right ok, i worded the title wrong bit of nit picking don't you think. Also i didn't mean if they move on without him ever i mean after 2011 unless he plays terrible that year. I think they're looking to far into the future personally i'm still not convinced the seymour trade was the best idea although i don't think it was horrible either, i don't know if it was best for the team losing him basically sets us back 3 maybe 4 years the teams main problem is the pass rush which seymour was still providing, we might get a stud player next year but we might not although it's unlikely belichick won't hit a stud but even then it could take the player a year or two to come good. This is all going on during the prime of our franchise QB, makes me wonder when the front office actually consider this team ready to make a run at a championship again  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: If they release Brady i'm done with the Pats!!:
    Right ok, i worded the title wrong bit of nit picking don't you think. Also i didn't mean if they move on without him ever i mean after 2011 unless he plays terrible that year. I think they're looking to far into the future personally i'm still not convinced the seymour trade was the best idea although i don't think it was horrible either, i don't know if it was best for the team losing him basically sets us back 3 maybe 4 years the teams main problem is the pass rush which seymour was still providing, we might get a stud player next year but we might not although it's unlikely belichick won't hit a stud but even then it could take the player a year or two to come good. This is all going on during the prime of our franchise QB, makes me wonder when the front office actually consider this team ready to make a run at a championship again  
    Posted by danemcmenamin

I gotta note that in '07, Belichick and NE attempted to piece together a good team, for 1 more Lombardi run...They came close, but close don't mean sh*t.  Now in 2010, The guys they have left from those early-mid 2000's Lombardi wins, are either gone, or even older than the '07 team, which didn't finish...  Belichick's pretty much the best, Yet I believe that even HE realizes that ya can't hope to be SB champs EVERY single year: Not with free agency, coach turnovers, Team salary caps, evolution of how the game's played, injuries, retiring and aging players=Impossible (EVERY single year?)...

Now BB IS a freak who CAN put a contending NE team seemingly EVERY year...but to have the best team, always?, every season?  Even BB, I believe, has a sorta "reality check" RE: that dream...

MEANING:  Ya gotta rebuild for a couple years (2-3), sometime and SOMEwhere.  NE NEEDS a youth core in order to reestablish a dynastic run.  No "piecemealing" a SB team together, with vets, and draft trades for established players...  BB wisely attempted that route in '07...AND in '07, It DID make sense to attempt 1 more run at the Championship...NE was closer, younger and still had many from the early 3 SBs as a core...  But 3 years AFTER failing in 2007...no.  BECAUSE: Ya canNOT ALWAYS sell your future short, for the short term game...  You CAN IF you're really, really close to excellence (2-3 good vet players away)...ye, You cannot nor should not do this ALWAYS, each year, And especially not in years where your team has not simply 2-3, But SEVERAL postional needs and decent starting players, ALONG with guys really getting up there in age, throughout...
         And I know, I KNOW-"The Brady is aging argument."  Yet again, when you NEED several key components, and when it didn't work when you needed only a few key components, It AIN'T happenin'.  It'd be almost certain failure of wasted assets, Selling your future very short, and probably acting detrimentally to your present team (NO SB, yet long playoff births, extra injuries, more effort wasted).  REBUILD and do it CORRECTLY...

~It's Important for you ALL to recognize that REbuilding this team is important...    

...and that, this means something:

View Image

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Nevermind then i am stupid. I don't have a foot to stand on in this argument. Would Belichick be where he is without Brady honestly though. Why does every retired or ex patriot hold Brady in such high regard i think it's because they know the dynasty would have been nothin but a dream without him. The impersonal stance of the Belichick regime is taking a step to far in even considering moving on without him atm. Furthermore Russ do you think honestly that Mark Ingram will ever be a Pat cause i don't, that's a case of taking the best player available at that point in the draft regardless of the players we already have at the position. I think Belichick likes Maroney and although he's no stud he gets it done (most of the time) when he needs to i.e. he does his job.    

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to If they release Brady i'm done with the Pats!!:
    I know one player plain and simple never makes a team, and the current regime believes in good business and good cap management. But if they release Brady after this year i don't believe in the regime anymore plain and simple. He's just had the best season of any player to come off an ACL injury and that is simply a fact. In my opinion he's the best QB ever Peyton's a robot, Montana will simply be surpassed in time by Tommy. I'm actually shocked at the discussion tonight on NFL network that's why i'm posting this. Belichick's a genius, but to be honest no coach ever has done anything without a franchise QB, he may have learned his lesson's hard but he wasn't the genius he is today with the browns and honestly he was no genius in his one year as head coach with Bledsoe although he did do ok with Cassell under centre.To be frank Brady's not just any player he's probably the best ever and if he goes i leave with him and i'm sure i'm not the only one. PAY HIM!! He loves the team enough to sign for decent and not Peyton money. It's the least we can do we have 3 rings because of him      
    Posted by danemcmenamin

LOL!

They would trade him before they released him.....Why would they want to give him up for nothing?

And there is no way on Earth that the Pats would either trade or release him anytime soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

moaning and groaning over nothing... Brady isnt going anywhere. This is Bob Krafts team. when Bob Kraft has a cash camel like Tom Brady he will ride that thing til the wheels fall off.  

btw - Rusty go walk the dog. "dad he bites"...well bite him back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Nevermind then i am stupid. I don't have a foot to stand on in this argument. Would Belichick be where he is without Brady honestly though. Why does every retired or ex patriot hold Brady in such high regard i think it's because they know the dynasty would have been nothin but a dream without him. The impersonal stance of the Belichick regime is taking a step to far in even considering moving on without him atm. Furthermore Russ do you think honestly that Mark Ingram will ever be a Pat cause i don't, that's a case of taking the best player available at that point in the draft regardless of the players we already have at the position. I think Belichick likes Maroney and although he's no stud he gets it done (most of the time) when he needs to i.e. he does his job.    
    Posted by danemcmenamin

Why does it seem like every disgrunteled "fan" forgets that BB brought the Browns from being a doormat to the playoffs before the owner decided to fire him rather than anger the sportswriters? Or that Art Model (for those that don't know, he was the owner of the Browns that fired BB while moving the team to Baltimore) has regretted that decision (quoted from an NFL Network show about BB and the Pats) ever since.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

the browns aka the ravens fired bb but kept ossie newsome who is a very  good drafter...  still bb will go down as the best ever and lets see how this next run manifests itself...

there will come a day...but for now things are looking very good

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Brady is staying because there is no one else available that even comes close.

It's easy for fans (and players like Brady) to get frustrated when very good players don't get signed (Branch, Samuel, Graham) or are traded (Vrable, Seymour) but we can't have everything. 

The Krafts have stated repeatedly that their goal is not to win a championship every year.  It's to be in a position to compete to win a championship every year.  The upside of this approach is the team is always capable of winning its division, and should never have a 4-12 season (Redskins!).  THe down side is in most years the team won't have the horses to go all the way.  I'll take that over the up-and-down results that plague a lot of teams, for instance the Jets.

As for the true fans versus band wagon fans, I don't see the big deal.

I am a bandwagon fan of the Celtics and Sox.  If they're not winning I tune out.  I don't think that hurts any of the true fans.  Likewise, I don't mind bandwagon Pats fans.  Not having them around when the team was 1-15 didn't make it any easier to sit in the old stadium and watch the team lose.  And having them around makes my season tickets that much more valuable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from benBlev. Show benBlev's posts

I agree with Killa, Too many people forget how good of a relationship Brady/Belichick/Kraft all have.  I'd say it's the strongest QB/Coach/Owner relationship in the NFL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

This thread has all the apperance of another one of leon's disgruntled Pats fan personae

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonkmc1. Show jonkmc1's posts

Re: avyone consider the josh mcdaniels therory?

sure hope im wrong about this but our brady became the man the same time josh mcdaniels was in his headphone, calling the plays.And the first yr without him, he just looked lost out there so many times. So we beg the question could it be that Mcdaniels was the one who was helping tom all along, the one who made the whole offense jell so well, and maybe even was toms ears and eyes out there on the field. Guess we will all know for sure this season. Wondering also if that has any thing to do with him not having the newcontract yet...........what do you all think?
                              jw

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Posted by danemcmenamin

My suggestion is you calm down and think things out before posting.  You're really all over the place.  Like the rant about what players think of Brady.  Where are you going with that?  The impersonal stance as well.  What do you base that on?  If you do any reading Kraft has come out and said that Brady isn't going any where.  I tend to believe him. 

The problem with not signing Brady and Peyton is based on the new CBA.  Currently a player can only have x% of a teams total payroll.  The owners want to bring that total down and there may be an item in there to bring the top player total down as well which I wouldn't doubt.  So if you want to max out a player you're not going to be able to do that until the new CBA is finalized.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Brady will be playing for this team well into the middle of this decade. Plus never base your following a team on one player. As great a player as Brady is I'll never put him in front of the team.

Sections
Shortcuts