If they release Brady i'm done with the Pats!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Re: If they release Brady i'm done with the Pats!!

In Response to If they release Brady i'm done with the Pats!!:
    I know one player plain and simple never makes a team, and the current regime believes in good business and good cap management. But if they release Brady after this year i don't believe in the regime anymore plain and simple. He's just had the best season of any player to come off an ACL injury and that is simply a fact. In my opinion he's the best QB ever Peyton's a robot, Montana will simply be surpassed in time by Tommy. I'm actually shocked at the discussion tonight on NFL network that's why i'm posting this. Belichick's a genius, but to be honest no coach ever has done anything without a franchise QB, he may have learned his lesson's hard but he wasn't the genius he is today with the browns and honestly he was no genius in his one year as head coach with Bledsoe although he did do ok with Cassell under centre.To be frank Brady's not just any player he's probably the best ever and if he goes i leave with him and i'm sure i'm not the only one. PAY HIM!! He loves the team enough to sign for decent and not Peyton money. It's the least we can do we have 3 rings because of him      
    Posted by danemcmenamin

Child Please!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: avyone consider the josh mcdaniels therory?

In Response to Re: avyone consider the josh mcdaniels therory?:
    sure hope im wrong about this but our brady became the man the same time josh mcdaniels was in his headphone, calling the plays.And the first yr without him, he just looked lost out there so many times. So we beg the question could it be that Mcdaniels was the one who was helping tom all along, the one who made the whole offense jell so well, and maybe even was toms ears and eyes out there on the field. Guess we will all know for sure this season. Wondering also if that has any thing to do with him not having the newcontract yet...........what do you all think?                           jw
    Posted by jonkmc1

I can see where someone with a limited perspective might see it this way, but you don't have to go very far back in time to see posters on this board saying the same things about Josh McDaniels that they say about Bill O'Brien now. I think it would be more accurate to say that Tom Brady made Josh McDaniels (even though that isn't really true, either) than the other way around.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Good one p-mike!  This is so true.  McDaniels didn't become great until after he left.  Too young and no experience.  McDaniels got trashed a lot not just a little.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Good one p-mike!  This is so true.  McDaniels didn't become great until after he left.  Too young and no experience.  McDaniels got trashed a lot not just a little.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I wouldn't stop being a Pats fan.  Not sure if I could, it's just one of those things where I was raised on Boston and NE sports teams and no matter how much they pi$$ me off sometimes I just want them to win.

I wouldn't be too happy if the Pats dumped Brady (not that there is any chance of that) but I would probably just be mad at some random guy associated with the Pats and not the Pats.  Kind of like when Manning F's up and they just blame a random guy for the mistake.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: avyone consider the josh mcdaniels therory? : I can see where someone with a limited perspective might see it this way, but you don't have to go very far back in time to see posters on this board saying the same things about Josh McDaniels that they say about Bill O'Brien now. I think it would be more accurate to say that Tom Brady made Josh McDaniels (even thought that isn't really true, either) than the other way around.
    Posted by p-mike

No you couldn't. It is beyond any NFL fan's comprehension to insinuate Brady was good because of Josh Mcdaniels. You are just being nice. This guy is obviously a nimrod. That's right I said it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: avyone consider the josh mcdaniels therory? : No you couldn't. It is beyond any NFL fan's comprehension to insinuate Brady was good because of Josh Mcdaniels. You are just being nice. This guy is obviously a nimrod. That's right I said it.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Well, you're right. I was just being nice. It was the guy's first post. I thought after MVPkilla just got done calling him stupid, I would cut the kid a little slack. Not for nothing, but it is possible to have a discussion without all personal vitriol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: avyone consider the josh mcdaniels therory? : Well, you're right. I was just being nice. It was the guy's first post. I thought after MVPkilla just got done calling him stupid, I would cut the kid a little slack. Not for nothing, but it is possible to have a discussion without all personal vitriol.
    Posted by p-mike

killa called me a moron 3 years ago on my fist post.  It was an a Hobbs thread and I basically said he sucked and shouldn't be a CB in the NFL.......who's the moron now?
    Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Release Brady? stoopid and does sound trollish

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The question is, are you a Patriots fan or a Brady fan? 

What's going to happen when Tom retires? Are you going to cheer for another team?

I'll have to side with the others. You are not Patriots fan, most likely a troll. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"killa called me a moron 3 years ago on my fist post.  It was an a Hobbs thread and I basically said he sucked and shouldn't be a CB in the NFL.......who's the moron now?"  ~tcal

First, I'm gonna go ahead and answer this...  The answer, as everyone knows is:  The Manning Brothers are st^pid.

Moving on to this:
    "sure hope im wrong about this but our brady became the man the same time josh mcdaniels was in his headphone, calling the plays.And the first yr without him, he just looked lost out there so many times. So we beg the question could it be that Mcdaniels was the one who was helping tom all along, the one who made the whole offense jell so well, and maybe even was toms ears and eyes out there on the field. Guess we will all know for sure this season. Wondering also if that has any thing to do with him not having the newcontract yet...........what do you all think?"    ~jimijazz

Jimi...c'mon man.  At BDC, we got for the greater part, some nice and non-derisive, non-judgemental members here...Throw us an idea that is somewhere in the 51 percential of "realism", and we'll work with your theory.

But man, This "Josh McDaniels Made Tom Brady" and/or "Tom Brady is NOTHING without Josh McDaniels" Idea...well, it comes in below that 51% or above TRUTH thesis...

~WHY?

Patriots won Superbowls in 2001, 2003 & 2004 I believe

Josh McDaniels from began his NE coaching career as some non-descript personal assistant in 2001.  In 2002 & 2003, McDaniels began moving up NE's coaching tree, And IN these 2 years, He became a DefensiveCoaching Assistant (mainly working with NE's Secondary).  Now, Beginning in 2004 and through to 2008 McDaniels WAS NE's QB Coach.  And, from 2006-2008, McDaniels WAS NE's Offensive Coordinator, AND within that span, McDaniels Was ALSO NE's QB Coach as well...  But there ARE some "catches" here:  1, in favor of McDaniels's Impact on Brady, Is that Belichick didn't name a "standing" O-Coordinator in 2005...Yet, It really was McDaniels as the team's O-Coordinato in 2005 as well as through to 2008.  YET, the "big" contingencies is the following:  Charlie Weiss=NE's Offensive Coordinator during ALL NE's Superbowl years...AND Weiss left NE at the conclusion of the 2004 Season...

Concluding in THIS:  The FIRST year that McDaniel's was a major influence on Tom Brady's quarterbacking, WAS in 2004...In which time, McDaniels was a 1st year QB Coach who answered to Charlie Weiss as the O-Coordinator...  Now, Do you really believe that McDaniels provided some magic mojo to a guy (Brady) who already had been playing QB for 4 Seasons from 2000(late)-2001, 2001-2002, 2002-2003, and 2003-2004, AND that guy (Tom Brady), had ALREADY been a 3-time Superbowl Champion BEFORE Josh McDaniels coached him as Brady's QB coach beginning in the 2004-2005 NFL Season?

~Throw us a bone man...At least tell us that Ellis "weak link" Hobbs applied a curse to The New England Patriots' future successes, upon being traded to Philly...