If we can't compete for A type talent then maybe its time to trade TB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

If we can't compete for A type talent then maybe its time to trade TB

If we are so handcuffed by the salary cap that we can't compete for A + talent then maybe its time to trade Brady and get a lions share in return. I would be better off accepting that, than being short on talent every year and getting bounced from the playoffs. Brady has 2 more years at left? Give or take...we can have our pick of QB with all the picks we would get in return...BB and system good enough to keep us afloat until next QB is ready to steer us forward. 

That said I prefer if they get Revis a Wr a DE and draft for both o and D lines...go pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: If we can't compete for A type talent then maybe its time to trade TB

Iremember the picture of Y A Tittle on his knees in the end zone with blood running down his face.  Is that Brady in two years, with these sorry supporting casts?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Brady to 49ers...

Great idea.  

Brady to 49ers for 2 #1 picks.

And we get to see how brilliant BB really is. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

I'm a tremendous BB fan always have been ....but the window is barely open.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

For the umpteenth time.  Brady cannot be traded because the Patriots would be left with an impossible amount of dead money due to the signing bonus he was given on his last restructure/extension.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

If we are so handcuffed by the salary cap that we can't compete for A + talent then maybe its time to trade Brady and get a lions share in return. I would be better off accepting that, than being short on talent every year and getting bounced from the playoffs. Brady has 2 more years at left? Give or take...we can have our pick of QB with all the picks we would get in return...BB and system good enough to keep us afloat until next QB is ready to steer us forward. 

That said I prefer if they get Revis a Wr a DE and draft for both o and D lines...go pats!

Ha, this is funny

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

HAHAHAHAHA.  Brady is the ONLY reason we've had as much cap space as they've had.

The problem is the SUCKY BB contracts.. They Had 23M in cap last year.  What did they do with it?  WASTE

Do you know in 2012 TB's cap was 8M and the dead money from SUCKY contracts was 23M?

ALMOST TRIPLE TBs cap hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WASTED

Last year TB's cap hit 12M and the dead money from SUCKY contracts was 16M?

That's why they can't compete.  Trade bb, the king of dead money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

For the umpteenth time.  Brady cannot be traded because the Patriots would be left with an impossible amount of dead money due to the signing bonus he was given on his last restructure/extension.

Well, technically, you could trade him for a bunch of high picks, take the 33 million cap hit, fill up the roster with undrafted rookies, end up with the worst record in the NFL and thereby earn the number one pick next year in addition to all the picks you got for Brady. You could walk away with three or four high first round picks and high picks in every other round.

Of course, with BB as GM, you could then trade all those picks for mid rounders and feast on all the Ras-I Dowlings and Tavon Wilsons of the world. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

It's possible that it's more about making money than winning another superbowl.

Kraft is basically making money off the imagery of being Superbowl winners. The organization will continue to prosper off of that long ago event simply by winning a whole bunch of regular season games. Brady, part of that SB history - sells tickets and merchandise.

Eventually, the team will lose more games than winning - probably when Brady leaves.  When that happens, the Patriots will work in earnest finding the "next" Brady - and hopefully, the goal of winning another SB will become more important.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:

Great idea.  

Brady to 49ers for 2 #1 picks.

And we get to see how brilliant BB really is. 

nobody would give up a first round pick for a guy whos almost fourty. would the niners be much better with brady? not so sure.

Sections
Shortcuts