IF We Could Make A Change To The Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

IF We Could Make A Change To The Patriots

IF there was one thing you would like to see diffrent with the patriots what would it be?a west coast offense?a 4-3 defense?a drop back in cover,or an all out blitzing team?I would think more blitzing,and hard hitting.instead of the dink,and dunk passes.those long ball completions that opens everything else up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 9ewC58O3. Show 9ewC58O3's posts

Re: IF We Could Make A Change To The Patriots

Certainly more blitzing, but not necessarily all-out!. What I would like to see more of is more contact tackling, we have had too much over-running plays and missing sure tackles for little to no gain and alot of outright missed tackles(not wrapping up ballcarriers), on offense, more Play Action and Roll-Out plays! Alot more of these!!

Pats Fan in Tulsa

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

-I think this team would be very successful with a West Coast offense...

-I would like to see Maroney closer to the QB on running plays

-More blitzing would be nice

-With Galloway here, more long passes (there #1 CB will be on Moss)

-If the Patriots have a running game this year, more play action

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

i would like to see the team tackle alot better than they did last year, i would also like  to see the defense in more 4-3 packages, i would also like to see the blitzer do his job and get to the qb, i would also like to see teddy bruschi make more plays or get off the field and not just run into the guards and get pushed eight yards downfield. i would also like the secondry to make more plays in a game i would also like the defense to make a stop with the game on the line. the defense has cost the team atleast one chance at the playoffs, on chance at a championship and on chance at a super bowl title in the last three years so i gues i would like to see alot of improvement on the defensive side of the ball........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Increase the number of sacks, greatly improve Red Zone Defence and How about some big 3rd down stops.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

How about lower ticket prices?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBoy2Tampa. Show BostonBoy2Tampa's posts

Well we know with Brady back and the addition of Fred Taylor, Joey Galloway, and Chris Baker the offense can be very affective!!! Its the defensive side of the ball that needs some help! The defensive backfield last year was pretty pathetic, and now we have a very depleted linebacker core. I'm hoping with this years draft we can target those spots and get back to our winning ways Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

3rd down stops and a Corey Dillon like clock killin' 100 ypg threat.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from THEGREATgymrat36. Show THEGREATgymrat36's posts

Leon can you tell us a story of you saved easter and the easter bunny

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

IF there was one thing you would like to see diffrent with the patriots what would it be?a west coast offense?a 4-3 defense?a drop back in cover,or an all out blitzing team?I would think more blitzing,and hard hitting.instead of the dink,and dunk passes.those long ball completions that opens everything else up.
    Posted by mosseffect43

Imrove red zone defense. The Patriots really sucked here. In addition, I'd like to see the entire team get more aggressive and create some turnovers (I don't care where they come from - special teams, secondary, OLBs....just need to be more aggressive and improve our ball-hawking skills - like stripping the ball).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I'd change the whole fan base-All the bandwagoneers would have to go!That would be about 93% of the current fan base. You would only be allowed in Gillette if you attended at least 3 games at the old Foxboro and knew that there was a team in New England before 2003.Sounds fair to me!
    Posted by Jets

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=videonewsdetail&pid=29647&pcid=141&rss=1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If you are asking for a change in game planning I'm not the one to ask,on defense I've seen the Patriots use variations of 3-4,4-3.cover2,man-to-man,cover3...I've also seen them use 4-2-5! So with all these variations I don't know what else can be done X's and O's wise,it's all about execution which means that the guys either need to improve their indivigual skill levels or they need to to be graded better so as too improve the play by using the guys who are actually functioning in the system properly.With that said I think the Patriots need to draft The best Defensive player they can get in this draft too allow for a much improved defense! Too bad they can't afford to move up and draft Curry,and then they could trade for Peppers. When they lined up in the 5-2-4 the announcers could rename it to the condiment defense:Fried Peppers hold the Mayo and the Curry..Quack!Quack!Quack!  LOL..Happy Easter To you all!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

to-shay!good one.Happy Easter,and to everyone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

A physical defensive backfield, again.  These last couple years, it seems the Pats DBacks did not like to hit the receiver.  Lots of arm tackling or simply trying to knock them to the ground.  Opponent's receivers do not fear running downfield against the Pats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

to-shay!good one.Happy Easter,and to everyone.
    Posted by mosseffect43

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/national/northeast/view.bg?&articleid=1165185&format=&page=1&listingType=natne#articleFull
    here is some great easter news.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cool-hand-luke. Show cool-hand-luke's posts

Definitely more aggressiveness on defense.  I feel like when Romeo was here there were all kinds of cool, sneaky blitzes where all of a sudden there would just be pressure on the quarterback.  Loved that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cool-hand-luke. Show cool-hand-luke's posts

Definitely more aggressiveness on defense.  I feel like when Romeo was here there were all kinds of cool, sneaky blitzes where all of a sudden there would just be pressure on the quarterback.  Loved that.
    Posted by batsmokerdeluxe

Ha, that's funny.  I'm pretty sure I didn't make my username "batsmoker deluxe".  How the f did someone manage that?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I would like to see LM used in screen pass plays/dumpoffs in the open field more and i would like to see the offense run the ball 2 out of every 3 plays on average and Brady stay healthy and the D stop sucking against miami, pitt and sd.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

Everyone complaing about the backfield, if we draft/pick up a pass rushing free agent, the backfield won't be left out to dry.  Very few games last year did the front seven ever get pressure on the qb.  What change?  More pressure, sacks, strips, turnovers, etc from the front seven!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Well we know with Brady back and the addition of Fred Taylor, Joey Galloway, and Chris Baker the offense can be very affective!!! Its the defensive side of the ball that needs some help! The defensive backfield last year was pretty pathetic, and now we have a very depleted linebacker core. I'm hoping with this years draft we can target those spots and get back to our winning ways
    Posted by BostonBoy2Tampa

I wasn't aware that 11-5 (with a backup QB) was "losing ways". 

With everything that happened last year, they had a fantastic year.  The one before had one major disappointment (they should have sacked Manning 20 yds behind the line of scrimmage), but it also was a fantastic year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

It's several years since our last Super Bowl win. I know most teams would like to be able to say something like that but Belichick has to change the mindset of this team. Right now, we're just a good team that isn't good enough. We have a lot of new players and some of the mainstays have left or will leave. That's normal for pro sports but I think it's too much to expect Brady to return to where he was before injury and too much to expect lousy defense of last year to show improvement right away with new players although return of Thomas will be a big help. Bruschi and Harrison should retire but won't and that will set us back. Sorry to say that but...Our biggest change must come from Belichick who must change Pats from last year's group that was surprised by moderate success to the group that expected to win 21 games in a row. Most of all, we don't want to be sitting in front of the TV on the last weekend of the season, hoping for help from some other team's idiot quarterback.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

More tosses/pitches/sweeps to Maroney instead of straight hand-offs up the middle.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Just one - change the logo to my avatar or this one, which I think is pretty cool from a guy at Patsheads.com:

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I agree with the ticket prices post lol, how is it only one person came up with that idea lol? As a fan and a season ticket holder i hate it when they drive the prices up, its BS. I dont like nor do i care for Patriot Place, I dont tailgate at any of the stupid resturants and i dont shop there as far as i am concerned the only thing worht going to that they built in Patriot Place was the Patriots hall of fame other then that i dont like it so i will be pissed next year when they raise the ticket price during this money melt down the USA is going through right now. So if there was one thing i could change with the Pats right now i would lower the ticket prices so less pink hats could go and more die hard fans could get in to see some games.

Also I would like to see some more I formations as I love running with a FB as the lead blocker.

Sections
Shortcuts